Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Okay, this might be a weird question but here goes. Would it be weird for me to bring plastic containers or ziplocs to the lounge to put food into for my kids to then take back to our room in the mornings?

We are traveling from the west coast and plan to stay on that time zone, for the purposes of staying late in the parks since we will only do the parks in the evenings (going in July...one kid has a heat/sun intolerance due to autism and sensory processing disorder). So, going to bed around 1am and waking around 10-11am most likely.

My kids will probably sleep past the breakfast hour every day but will be happy with pastries and fruit every morning. We have a Deluxe room booked at the BC which will be a hike away from the lounge (and on a separate floor). I think it would be easier to carry stuff back in a container vs trying to carry individual plates.

Thoughts? Or other ideas?
I wouldn't bring the bags to the lounge myself but there's nothing wrong with putting the things in them once you take them back to the room, if you want, to help keep them fresh. So by all means, bring a box with you, just in case. How much you'd need them would depend on how early you are going to the lounge.
I often go get food for DH but I just put it on a plate and bring it back but it's not going to sit and wait on him for more than 30 min. Much more than that and the breads do start to dry out pretty quick.
They should have a tray to use, if you ask, which will help to bring back drinks too, if you need to

I wouldn't bring the bags to the lounge myself but there's nothing wrong with putting the things in them once you take them back to the room, if you want, to help keep them fresh. So by all means, bring a box with you, just in case. How much you'd need them would depend on how early you are going to the lounge.
I often go get food for DH but I just put it on a plate and bring it back but it's not going to sit and wait on him for more than 30 min. Much more than that and the breads do start to dry out pretty quick.
They should have a tray to use, if you ask, which will help to bring back drinks too, if you need to

Good advice. I didn't know they had trays. That would make this much easier. I will probably be doing this solo while my husband works out so there's only so much I can carry myself on one plate.

We will try to get the boys up and to the lounge before breakfast ends, but I don't know how things will actually unfold once we are there.

I plan to keep juice boxes and milk in the room fridge so I won't need to juggle drinks too. Do they have small bottles of chocolate milk that we can keep in the room? Or should I plan to buy some for that purpose?

If you have a Copper Creek room booked (cash res through Disney, not points), are you eligible to ask and pay for club level access if a spot is available?

I specifically asked this and was told no, that you had to have a room at regular Wilderness Lodge. However, I know someone who booked regular club level room and was put in a 7th floor one-bedroom Copper Creek room as an upgrade... so maybe it is possible.

I specifically asked this and was told no, that you had to have a room at regular Wilderness Lodge. However, I know someone who booked regular club level room and was put in a 7th floor one-bedroom Copper Creek room as an upgrade... so maybe it is possible.

The 7th floor Copper Creek villas can not access the Club Lounge.

Hello all. We have stayed club level at several resorts, but this is our very first trip to Boardwalk Inn ever. Anyone have any recommendations for any room requests or preferences we should voice. It is just me and DH this time and we have booked a standard CL room. We like it to be quiet and don't mind a short walk to the lounge in order to avoid some of the noise. We like the best view we can get and prefer rooms with balconies. Any suggestions?

Hello all. We have stayed club level at several resorts, but this is our very first trip to Boardwalk Inn ever. Anyone have any recommendations for any room requests or preferences we should voice. It is just me and DH this time and we have booked a standard CL room. We like it to be quiet and don't mind a short walk to the lounge in order to avoid some of the noise. We like the best view we can get and prefer rooms with balconies. Any suggestions?
All the CL rooms have balconies. I'd email the DSS and tell them what you outlined here. Something like: "We'd love a quiet room with a pretty view, we don't mind a short walk to the lounge."

Good advice. I didn't know they had trays. That would make this much easier. I will probably be doing this solo while my husband works out so there's only so much I can carry myself on one plate.

We will try to get the boys up and to the lounge before breakfast ends, but I don't know how things will actually unfold once we are there.

I plan to keep juice boxes and milk in the room fridge so I won't need to juggle drinks too. Do they have small bottles of chocolate milk that we can keep in the room? Or should I plan to buy some for that purpose?
I always take a tray back for my DD who sleeps through the breakfast hours. They will even get some plastic wrap for you to wrap the plates if you ask nicely:-)! As for the chocolate milk, I know they have the bottles of Nesquik at BWI because my daughter got one, but we haven’t looked for it at GF or Poly recently. I know for a while at GF they had started to bring out chocolate milk in a cup if you asked for it, but that was years ago, so they might have brought the Nesquik back?? My DDs are much older now, so chocolate milk isn’t a necessity anymore ...now it’s Shirley Temples! We bring our own grenadine :rotfl:! We are doing a triple split starting July 2nd (Poly/GF/BWI) so I’ll try to remember to look for Nesquik! I know they have juice boxes out at BWI too, but we haven’t asked for those anywhere else either.

Okay, this might be a weird question but here goes. Would it be weird for me to bring plastic containers or ziplocs to the lounge to put food into for my kids to then take back to our room in the mornings?
Thoughts? Or other ideas?
Here's my entire understanding of the subject:

We often bring a little something back to our room, but we use mostly use napkins or the paper cups provided in the lounge. Ask if you don't see paper cups, because they are often in a drawer or something. Generally, it is only small amounts of food that we plan to eat within an hour or so.

Once in a while, I'll maybe put items in a Ziploc back at the room, if we don't end up eating something right away. Mostly things like gummy bears or an apple.

When I have asked about this, the CM's have said it is okay, with a few small exceptions. They only have a limited supply of dishware, especially items like wine glasses. If you want to bring alcohol out of the lounge, they strongly prefer you use paper cups. Also for any items that are in special fancy little dishes, they prefer to keep those dishes in the lounge.

Further keep in mind that the CM's are only there during certain hours. Ideally, they prefer to have all dishes brought back before each closing, especially the last closing at 10pm. CM's prefer guests to be mindful about bringing all dishes back, and limit the dishes you carry out of the lounge.

I can say, we HAVE seen the lounges run out of stemware, etc. NO glass/breakable dishes are allowed down by the pool! If you plan to bring any food drinks to the pool, you must use paper cups/napkins.

Also, they serve water out of a glass bottle in most lounges. You can't take the whole bottle back to your room. (Even though it is only about 32 ounces) I also don't think they allow anyone to bring a whole bottle of wine to their room. A single bottle of beer, yes. SOMETIMES, I have heard that some lounges have bottled water if you ask. Other times, we've had no luck asking for bottled water.

Some CL's used to have trays, but they did away with them. The ones they used to have were supposed to be a place to put dirty dishes. Not to bring food to your room. I don't think any have them, though some food courts DO have the cardboard carriers. I've never seen anyone use one in the lounge.

The one other exception I know about it the CR lounge actually puts out little baggies in the afternoon, and they are awesome! They are served with sort of a make-your-own candy/trail mix offering. (gummy bears, goldfish crackers, etc.) You could also bring one of the whole fruits (apple, orange) and canned beverages to your room. In most lounges, the apples are wrapped in plastic.

If other folks are saying they've seen trays, we haven't seen them, but it is possible some CL's have them, especially if you are willing to ask for one.

Last edited:

BWI CL is amazing, you will love it! I just returned from my first stay at BWI and loved it. CL is on the 4th floor, but that floor is not a dedicated CL floor like some other resorts. The majority of CL rooms and the lounge are located inside a security door (accessible by your MB), but there are a few rooms outside of that security door that are CL rooms with CL access. With that said, being inside the security doors and close to the lounge were my two preferences, so that's what I requested and got just that......we were just 2 doors down from the lounge (#4230) with the garden cottages below us and a view of the quiet pool (also had a view of Epcot fireworks). We also found it very quiet, never hearing traffic to/from the lounge. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

All the CL rooms have balconies. I'd email the DSS and tell them what you outlined here. Something like: "We'd love a quiet room with a pretty view, we don't mind a short walk to the lounge."

I agree :).

Here's my entire understanding of the subject:

We often bring a little something back to our room, but we use mostly use napkins or the paper cups provided in the lounge. Ask if you don't see paper cups, because they are often in a drawer or something. Generally, it is only small amounts of food that we plan to eat within an hour or so.

Once in a while, I'll maybe put items in a Ziploc back at the room, if we don't end up eating something right away. Mostly things like gummy bears or an apple.

When I have asked about this, the CM's have said it is okay, with a few small exceptions. They only have a limited supply of dishware, especially items like wine glasses. If you want to bring alcohol out of the lounge, they strongly prefer you use paper cups. Also for any items that are in special fancy little dishes, they prefer to keep those dishes in the lounge.

Further keep in mind that the CM's are only there during certain hours. Ideally, they prefer to have all dishes brought back before each closing, especially the last closing at 10pm. CM's prefer guests to be mindful about bringing all dishes back, and limit the dishes you carry out of the lounge.

I can say, we HAVE seen the lounges run out of stemware, etc. NO glass/breakable dishes are allowed down by the pool! If you plan to bring any food drinks to the pool, you must use paper cups/napkins.

Also, they serve water out of a glass bottle in most lounges. You can't take the whole bottle back to your room. (Even though it is only about 32 ounces) I also don't think they allow anyone to bring a whole bottle of wine to their room. A single bottle of beer, yes. SOMETIMES, I have heard that some lounges have bottled water if you ask. Other times, we've had no luck asking for bottled water.

Some CL's used to have trays, but they did away with them. The ones they used to have were supposed to be a place to put dirty dishes. Not to bring food to your room. I don't think any have them, though some food courts DO have the cardboard carriers. I've never seen anyone use one in the lounge.

The one other exception I know about it the CR lounge actually puts out little baggies in the afternoon, and they are awesome! They are served with sort of a make-your-own candy/trail mix offering. (gummy bears, goldfish crackers, etc.) You could also bring one of the whole fruits (apple, orange) and canned beverages to your room. In most lounges, the apples are wrapped in plastic.

If other folks are saying they've seen trays, we haven't seen them, but it is possible some CL's have them, especially if you are willing to ask for one.

Thanks. We will literally ONLY do this during the breakfast hour. We don't typically like eating in our room and will just use the lounge. We also wouldn't bring food all the way to the pool. Seems like a hassle.

We will be split at CR first for 4 nights (Tower Club Level, so I know our room will be super close to the lounge) and then BC Deluxe Room (which is what I'm concerned about...that's going to be a LONG walk).

Hi everyone! I'm planning my first trip to DW in 2019 and begin to lose myself into the Resort specificities and information. This forum is a treasure and contains almost all the answers to my questions...but I 'm a bit lost on some topics!

We are planning to book 1 night in a regular room (AKL) then 2 nights in club level (YCR). We will of course have a -at least- 3 days park ticket bought separately.
Will I be able to purchase extra fast passes for our 3 days in the parks even if only 2 nights are spent in a club level room? Would that be a problem if I book the rooms through disneyworld website but the tickets through a tier travel agency (I found a better deal for combined purchase of Universal+disney tickets) -I mean will it be possible to link the tickets and the booking in MDE?

Thank you!

For CL FP+ you must stay at least 3 nights in CL, so you would have to do 3 YC CL or 1 AK and then 3 YC CL to be eligible for it.

Hi everyone! I'm planning my first trip to DW in 2019 and begin to lose myself into the Resort specificities and information. This forum is a treasure and contains almost all the answers to my questions...but I 'm a bit lost on some topics!

We are planning to book 1 night in a regular room (AKL) then 2 nights in club level (YCR). We will of course have a -at least- 3 days park ticket bought separately.
Will I be able to purchase extra fast passes for our 3 days in the parks even if only 2 nights are spent in a club level room? Would that be a problem if I book the rooms through disneyworld website but the tickets through a tier travel agency (I found a better deal for combined purchase of Universal+disney tickets) -I mean will it be possible to link the tickets and the booking in MDE?

Thank you!

For the CL FP+, the current policy requires minimum 3 day park tickets. Also just heard from other DISers that starting sept 17, 2018, the CL FP+ program will NOT include the nighttime viewing spot. Not sure what the offer will be for your travel time...

Last edited:
The 7th floor Copper Creek villas can not access the Club Lounge.

That's not what I meant. I meant someone who booked a regular WL CL room got assigned to a bedroom copper creek villa on the 7th floor with club access. I've stayed in a regular 7th floor copper creek room, there is no access, and you can not purchase access to the lounge unless you are booked in a non-villa room.

That's not what I meant. I meant someone who booked a regular WL CL room got assigned to a bedroom copper creek villa on the 7th floor with club access. I've stayed in a regular 7th floor copper creek room, there is no access, and you can not purchase access to the lounge unless you are booked in a non-villa room.

I didn’t mean to offend you. I was just clarifying in case someone misinterpreted what you meant.

Will be a first time CL’er in the fall at CR Atrium standard view. Is it true that there are standard view rooms that can see MK or the fireworks? Also is there zero chance, unless some pixie dust finds us, that you’d be in a theme park or MK view? Only staying three nights so want to enjoy the resort.

For the CL FP+, the current policy requires minimum 3 night stays at club level. Also just heard from other DISers that starting sept 17, 2018, the CL FP+ program will NOT include the nighttime viewing spot. Not sure what the offer will be for your travel time...

Are you sure? I am almost certain that the CM I spoke to said you can stay CL just 2 nights but must book extra fp’s for 3 days. So you can book your 3rd day on your checkout day. Could be wrong but I even asked twice and that was the answer I got.

Will be a first time CL’er in the fall at CR Atrium standard view. Is it true that there are standard view rooms that can see MK or the fireworks? Also is there zero chance, unless some pixie dust finds us, that you’d be in a theme park or MK view? Only staying three nights so want to enjoy the resort.
We had a standard view CL in December and we were able to see the fireworks from Illuminations from our balcony and also the electric water pageant on Bay Lake. When we wanted to see the MK fireworks, we just popped over to the CL lounge and watched from the balcony over there. They even put the music on the speakers. For us it was really best of both worlds.

Are you sure? I am almost certain that the CM I spoke to said you can stay CL just 2 nights but must book extra fp’s for 3 days. So you can book your 3rd day on your checkout day. Could be wrong but I even asked twice and that was the answer I got.

sorry... minimum 3 day tickets, not 3 nights hotel. so you are right.

:welcome: To the DIS!

Love me some CR Atrium Club. :-)

All “Standard Room - Atrium Club Level” rooms face east towards the pool and Bay Lake. You won’t see the MK or any MK fireworks from these rooms, but the view (in my humble opinion) is fantastic. @MrToadfan nailed it - if you need a MK view fix, just hit the lounge.

Your view will be roughly similar to this:

Looking right:
5.JPG

Looking straight:
7.JPG

Looking left:
3.JPG

A Panorama:
8.JPG

The Electrical Water Pageant (which is extremely LOUD even in your room):
9.JPG

More info than you asked for, but maybe this floor plan will help. All Atrium Club rooms are on the 12 floor. The Standard View rooms are 4801-4824. Personally, I like being on the “north” side of the building, which is away from Chef Mickeys. CM can be a bit noisy and sound travels up the atrium. I wouldn’t be mad/upset if I did get a room over Chef Mickeys, but I’d rather be on the other side so that’s usually what I send in as a room request.
Contemp Room # Map-Labeled.jpg

Sorry for the over-supply of info, hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter