• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi All. Just booked my first Club Level stay at Wilderness Lodge. Deluxe Room Dec. 1-4. Fortunately, got an AP discount, but it's still so much more than I would usually spend, but I'm taking my 91 year old mom, and this will make it really special for her.
I looked at the posts about the Old Faithful Club at the beginning of the thread, with some food pictures, but am wondering if anyone has any updates on the food/drink offerings that are usually available?
Thanks for any insight.

Fun! I have not been to WL CL since Nov 2016 which is kind of ancient history for CL standards.... but here are some pics from the time, and we also stayed in a Deluxe Room:

WL CL Food - November 2016

WL CL Lounge - November 2016

WL Deluxe Room-Nov 2016

The lounge had just been renovated at the time... it is really a wonderful space. While I'm sure food options have changed, we enjoyed the offerings quite a bit.

I like WL a lot we just can never find a right time/right trip to make it back there it seems! I can't think of a better time to stay at WL - the Christmas decorations are great. I hope you have a great trip with your mother.

I hope you have a great trip with your mother.

Thank you. She will turn 92 on January 6th. If that isn't worth a splurge...nothing is.

One other question for the group. I had a one bed at Copper Creek booked, and then this popped up, so I took it. I went to cancel the Copper Creek online after this was booked, but it came up that I would lose FPs associated with the CC reservation, so I didn't cancel. I suppose I will need to call to get this straightened out. Do those who know about these things think this something that the planning services associated with club level might be able to do? Or, should I just call the regular WDW number?

@trishadono
Those are great photos!!!
:thanks:
for posting them . I'm really afraid the weather is not doing to cooperate in February, so we won't get to use the pool. I'm really really hoping and praying for some weather warm enough to have a little bit of pool time! Your pics make me want to dive right in!
Do you know if you can see the fireworks from the pool area? I'm just thinking it might be fun to hang out on a lounge chair and watch HEA from the pool area.
If I'm thinking correctly, the pool doesn't close until 10pm. Anyway, just a thought!
I agree with others , weather will vary, I have swam in January many times yet other trips not.

You can see Ewp but I don't think I've been out there for HEA .

I have watched Epcot illuminations from that area FYI.

Pool hours vary so not sure. I haven't been in Feb since kids in grade school.

The 4rh floor deck is nice for viewing in case beach doesn't work .

Last edited:

Thank you. She will turn 92 on January 6th. If that isn't worth a splurge...nothing is.

One other question for the group. I had a one bed at Copper Creek booked, and then this popped up, so I took it. I went to cancel the Copper Creek online after this was booked, but it came up that I would lose FPs associated with the CC reservation, so I didn't cancel. I suppose I will need to call to get this straightened out. Do those who know about these things think this something that the planning services associated with club level might be able to do? Or, should I just call the regular WDW number?

Your FPs are likely fine, but did you book a package or room only?

Thanks for the information. Not sure what my options are regarding room location since I have a standard view room. It would be nice to have a quieter room, but not absolutely necessary. All we really want is two queen beds instead of a King.
The majority are std sized rooms with the 2 queens and the twin flip down sofa bed.

King beds are upon request in sl but hard to get since they only have a few.

The deluxe rooms in outer buildings have the extra octagon seating area with 2nd tv etc. There are 3 of these in sl that cost the same and simply available upon request.

I got lucky and one year our family of 4 got 1. We loved the extra space.

So pretty much take what you get or ask for something and maybe you get it. It's free to Email dss and request quiet room for example,

Your FP+ should be fine...but that message would give me pause as well.

Do you have tickets separate from your CC reservation linked to the guests staying in your new booking? You need to be sure to retain both a valid resort reservation and tickets linked for everyone associated with the FP+.

I think that it is a good idea to call DSS and let them deal with the situation. They should be able to straighten it all up for you in just a few minutes.

Do you have tickets separate from your CC reservation linked to the guests staying in your new booking? You need to be sure to retain both a valid resort reservation and tickets linked for everyone associated with the FP+.

Just a small clarification that you don’t need to maintain a resort reservation to maintain FPs. You do need valid theme park admission (FPs need valid admission to exist) but not a resort reservation.

The resort reservation only serves to open the 60 day FP booking window, but once past that date you can do anything with that resort reservation and it won’t impact FPs.

The only time you really need to worry about FPs is when/if one cancels a package booking as that cancels the ticket media for which those FPs are linked to. But even then you have around 24 hours to replace those tickets with something new (another package booking or seperately purchased tickets) before FPs will be cancelled.

Disney does put a "FPs may be deleted" warning when you cancel a room only reservation too, but it's misleading.

Hope that all makes sense!

GADisneyDad & Babsy...room only. I have an AP, and bought tickets for my mom. I was surprised when the message came up that FPs would be canceled. Will give a call tomorrow.

GADisneyDad & Babsy...room only. I have an AP, and bought tickets for my mom. I was surprised when the message came up that FPs would be canceled. Will give a call tomorrow.

Cool, you're totally fine, nothing to worry about. With the AP, your FPs aren't in jeopardy. That warning only really applies to package bookings since when you cancel a package booking, you cancel the tickets for which those FPs are linked to - that's when FPs are in trouble.

I have a request for the YC CL pros out there.

We've done YC CL twice now, one night over the summer and just had a three night stay this past weekend. Had a great time by the way - expand the lounge seating area and it would be #1 CL for us.

But anyway... we've had two Water View rooms. This last room was below, the room over the summer was similar:

IMG_0386.jpeg

With more nights under our belt at YC CL now, we found ourselves questioning whether we may prefer a Standard View or Garden View over a Water View room. Our observations about our two rooms are that while it's nice to look out over the lake / towards SAB, the balcony itself is a touch noisy and doesn't quite fit the calm/relaxing vibe we get from the rest of the resort. You hear general roof exhaust noise from below, pool commotion, excess light from SAB, etc. None of those are show-stoppers, just observations... but it's what had us questioning what other options are like.

We also had the oddest experience with this last room. While we were not close to an elevator, we could consistently hear off/on mechanical whirling noise from what had to be an elevator room somewhere. It was almost non-stop during the day and would trail off late at night. For the life of me I could not figure out where/how we were hearing this noise. It's not our nature to complain/ask to move in those types of situation - and I didn't - but I was close.

Anyway - would appreciate any thoughts on YC CL room views from those with experience. Thank you!

We've done YC CL twice now, one night over the summer and just had a three night stay this past weekend. Had a great time by the way - expand the lounge seating area and it would be #1 CL for us.

But anyway... we've had two Water View rooms. This last room was below, the room over the summer was similar:

View attachment 356947

With more nights under our belt at YC CL now, we found ourselves questioning whether we may prefer a Standard View or Garden View over a Water View room. Our observations about our two rooms are that while it's nice to look out over the lake / towards SAB, the balcony itself is a touch noisy and doesn't quite fit the calm/relaxing vibe we get from the rest of the resort. You hear general roof exhaust noise from below, pool commotion, excess light from SAB, etc. None of those are show-stoppers, just observations... but it's what had us questioning what other options are like.

We also had the oddest experience with this last room. While we were not close to an elevator, we could consistently hear off/on mechanical whirling noise from what had to be an elevator room somewhere. It was almost non-stop during the day and would trail off late at night. For the life of me I could not figure out where/how we were hearing this noise. It's not our nature to complain/ask to move in those types of situation - and I didn't - but I was close.

Anyway - would appreciate any thoughts on YC CL room views from those with experience. Thank you!

Huh, that sounds strange. We have had several waterview rooms in that area & have never experienced that kind of noise. Even the service elevator is several rooms away. That is over Yachtsman’s Steakhouse. Might it have been some kind of kitchen vent? Sorry I can’t help anymore with that.

There are only a few (maybe 4?) garden view rooms & most of those look out towards the wedding gazebo. The standard view rooms look out over the front entrance/ port cocherre. There are a couple of standard rooms at the very far end of the hallway that over look a dumpster/ service area. We did get one of those several years ago. I do like to sit on the balcony sometimes & the standard view rooms don’t appeal to me. I almost always book the waterview rooms. The ones in the first hallway look out in the boat dock & lighthouse. You can sometimes hear the horns from the boats, but I really don’t think it’s too bad unless the door is open. And the hall noise isn’t bad either. Might a room there work better for you?

On page one of the Y & B thread, Dee has lots of info. If you scroll down to the YC room post (post 9) there is a map of the room types. That is current from this year. You can see where the garden view rooms are & which rooms might be away from the pool noise.

Sorry guys, but another question. I know that deluxe rooms at WL are located with the numbers of 00 & 03, which are all the way at the end of the hallway. Are there deluxe rooms located anywhere else? Anything closer to the elevators? I don't want to be a wimp, but saving a few steps while pushing my mom in a wheelchair might be nice.

View attachment 356947

Hard to say if you’ll like a GV or SV better since everyone has different things they prefer, like me I would rather have a view of nicely manicured landscapes vs looking at ME rolling in or a parking lot, I will say I believe rooms 5190 and 5188 are listed as standard and have a relaxing view IMO, I love seeing the lighthouse or the boardwalk or SAB it makes your stay actually feel like you’re on a vacation, I’m sure everyone knows what I mean by that.

Edit: I jumped on TPRF to double check my accuracy and they have the rooms I’m talking about as 5197 and 5199......sorry it’s been awhile get them mixed up sometimes...:confused3

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but another question. I know that deluxe rooms at WL are located with the numbers of 00 & 03, which are all the way at the end of the hallway. Are there deluxe rooms located anywhere else? Anything closer to the elevators? I don't want to be a wimp, but saving a few steps while pushing my mom in a wheelchair might be nice.

No, unfortunately the Deluxe Rooms at WL are only in that location at the very end of the north hallway. There used to be others that were closer to the middle, but they were used for the DVC conversion.

That was my one slight nit about staying in a Deluxe Room there - the distance to lounge was more than our personal preference. It didn’t detract that much from the stay, we just tend to like being a short walk away for quick pop ins, convenience, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter