Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We unfortunately had to cancel our trip which was to begin on 10/27 at the CR Atrium Club. My mom’s health situation is too tenuous to take a trip right now. We hope everyone that is there now or visiting soon has a great time; the weather looks to be awesome. We have plans for a winter trip, so we’ll just have to wait a bit longer.

We unfortunately had to cancel our trip which was to begin on 10/27 at the CR Atrium Club. My mom’s health situation is too tenuous to take a trip right now. We hope everyone that is there now or visiting soon has a great time; the weather looks to be awesome. We have plans for a winter trip, so we’ll just have to wait a bit longer.

So sorry to hear about your mom - sending your family support from afar. I understand your disappointment, we were supposed to leave on Sunday and part of our stay was also at CR Atrium CL, but we had to cancel because my husband was scheduled for an unexpected surgery tomorrow. We have already rescheduled for January at BWI CL, and I hope you get rescheduled soon, too!

Last edited:

I hope they don't do away with buying extra FPP. We're visiting during a busy time and are counting on it.
But, we were beta testers for the regular FPP system way back in 2012, and it's still here, so maybe....
I wonder what Disney would consider to be a success with the program?

I suppose as long as guests are purchasing them they would consider that successful. It is a “perk” as a CL guest to purchase the extra FP’s, I know you have to pay but it’s otherwise not an option unless you’re a CL guest.

I wouldn’t see why they would do away with the program because it’s not like they would be losing anything if people weren’t buying them, I know some really enjoy having this option as it can be very helpful.

Hi mickeynut, Your trip is finally here, safe travels and have a wonderful trip.

I have been so busy since our July trip I haven't had time to keep up here. Hate when life gets in the way of chatting and trip planning. I was afraid we would have to cancel our November trip, but looks like it is a go.
:dogdance:

Hi Maxie :wave:

Thanks :goodvibes....excited to be going back, even though I was just there the beginning of June...lol.

Glad your Nov trip is a go...hope you have a great time :wizard:.

You there yet????

Not yet.....on the first flight out at 5:30am tomorrow :yay:.

Sorry you had to cancel your trip. Hope your mom's health improves :hug:.

So sorry to hear about your mom - sending your family support from afar. I understand your disappointment, we were supposed to leave on Sunday and part of our star was also at CR Atrium CL, but we had to cancel because my husband was scheduled for an unexpected surgery tomorrow. We have already rescheduled for January at BWI CL, and I hope you get rescheduled soon, too!

Hope everything goes well with your husband's surgery :grouphug:.

@beccasmom I hope your mom is feeling better soon. Looking forward to hearing about your new trip plans when the timing is right. :flower3:

So sorry to hear about your mom - sending your family support from afar. I understand your disappointment, we were supposed to leave on Sunday and part of our stay was also at CR Atrium CL, but we had to cancel because my husband was scheduled for an unexpected surgery tomorrow. We have already rescheduled for January at BWI CL, and I hope you get rescheduled soon, too!
Sending get well soon wishes to your husband.
Glad to hear you have a trip planned in Jan!:flower:

I suppose as long as guests are purchasing them they would consider that successful. It is a “perk” as a CL guest to purchase the extra FP’s, I know you have to pay but it’s otherwise not an option unless you’re a CL guest.

I wouldn’t see why they would do away with the program because it’s not like they would be losing anything if people weren’t buying them, I know some really enjoy having this option as it can be very helpful.

I am considering....even though I am going to be there during a less busy time of the year, am thinking the days we go to AK and DHS it might be a good idea because of the tiers and the reported wait times for those regardless of the season because they are new, and figure one day at MK to get my favorite rides in with barely a wait....the main perk I see is being able to book ALL your fastpasses at the 90 day mark.....still thinking on it....:tinker:

I agree. I don't see any downside to it. Also, I have RA & because of this program, I might be able to get away without renting a scooter for the week, which is what I did last time. I can plan for the shortest walking path. I'm sure this isn't at all what they had in mind, but it's a nice consequence.

If anything, it might be a test to roll out to all visitors in the deluxe resorts. Or at least start publicizing it, I'd never have known of it were it not for this forum.:lovestruc

I do think they'd have a tough time ending it without a LOT of lead time- not smart to tweak your most spendy customers. Luxury once tasted becomes necessity!

I agree. I don't see any downside to it. Also, I have RA & because of this program, I might be able to get away without renting a scooter for the week, which is what I did last time. I can plan for the shortest walking path. I'm sure this isn't at all what they had in mind, but it's a nice consequence.

If anything, it might be a test to roll out to all visitors in the deluxe resorts. Or at least start publicizing it, I'd never have known of it were it not for this forum.:lovestruc

I do think they'd have a tough time ending it without a LOT of lead time- not smart to tweak your most spendy customers. Luxury once tasted becomes necessity!

IMO I think it needs to have limits, if it’s offered to all deluxe guests I think it would get out of hand, I know not everyone would purchase them but still that could be a lot and could have a big impact on getting good FP at 60 days. Being limited to CL guests is not only a nice “perk” for those that wish to use them but probably keeps the playing field even.

IMO I think it needs to have limits, if it’s offered to all deluxe guests I think it would get out of hand, I know not everyone would purchase them but still that could be a lot and could have a big impact on getting good FP at 60 days. Being limited to CL guests is not only a nice “perk” for those that wish to use them but probably keeps the playing field even.
Good point. Also, right now it is done manually. They need to work on some type of online system, so perhaps that's what they're doing now- gauging the response and working on IT. They need to get that IT piece in place before showing it on the website as an available upgrade to the CL package, I think, or they'll be overwhelmed.

Hi all!

We just finished up a two week trip, having a split stay of 3 nights at Poly, 3 nights AKL, and a week at CR. Our trip was fantastic, I think other people who also went recently covered almost all of the information I wanted to share, but here's my little bit anyway.

Our Poly visit was for just a standard room, but we did a front desk check-in and I followed the "doesn't hurt to ask" advice, and requested if there was any availability to pay for CL access. Unfortunately, I think we were there on a busy weekend (Sept 29 to October 3), and they said club level was "booked". I think she misunderstood what we meant and was looking for actual rooms for us, but we just conceded and let it go.

Our AKL visit was for a savanna view CL stay, and wow, it really was so amazing. We were there October 3-6, and after reading the posts it seems like we may have been there at the same time as some of you! Should have had a fun little meetup. This was our first trip to WDW in over 20 years, so pretty much everything was a new experience for us, and of course we have many other hotels to visit in the future, but AKL CL won me over. After having what I felt were a decent few days at Poly, I couldn't believe the huge shift in a hotel experience. We did the Senses of Africa tour while we were at Poly (which included our group being the first to see the newborn okapi!), and I was honestly overwhelmed when I went out to the balcony and right at one of the feeders was the 'teen' giraffe we had a chance to meet earlier in the morning. I took everything in me to not yell hi at her like a crazy fangirl.

Oh! Also, I don't recall anyone ever mentioning this before, but on our check-in afternoon we were hanging out in the lounge, and a young man from South Africa came to give a presentation on his country. It was his last day as a cast member and he was returning home to work in his family's travel agency, but he gave us a card with his email address in case we ever want to travel to South Africa! His presentation was really great and I hope they have this kind of thing continue.

Anyway, thank you all for your posts that I've obsessively been reading for years; it helped me to have an extraordinary trip.

I am considering....even though I am going to be there during a less busy time of the year, am thinking the days we go to AK and DHS it might be a good idea because of the tiers and the reported wait times for those regardless of the season because they are new, and figure one day at MK to get my favorite rides in with barely a wait....the main perk I see is being able to book ALL your fastpasses at the 90 day mark.....still thinking on it....:tinker:

Just to clarify (and you may already be aware but) you can only book all your FP+ at 90 days for the days you actually purchase the CL extra offer. Minimum of 3 - if your going to the parks more than 3 days and not booking CL extra on any of those days they will be at T60.

We did it in August and it was great - especially since we had the nighttime viewing. I booked again in December but only because it will be Christmas and I know how busy it gets, otherwise I don't know if I will book the extras again especially now that there is no nighttime viewing.

Enjoy!

Just to clarify (and you may already be aware but) you can only book all your FP+ at 90 days for the days you actually purchase the CL extra offer. Minimum of 3 - if your going to the parks more than 3 days and not booking CL extra on any of those days they will be at T60.

We did it in August and it was great - especially since we had the nighttime viewing. I booked again in December but only because it will be Christmas and I know how busy it gets, otherwise I don't know if I will book the extras again especially now that there is no nighttime viewing.

Enjoy!

Yes, good reminder.

Even though you can only make all the FPP reservations at the 90 day mark only for the days you paid for the upgrade, the 3-day minimum upgrade sounds perfect for you. That's what we are going to do, even though our vacay is six days. Our vacation starts in a relatively uncrowded day and gets progressively more crowded all the way up to Memorial Day.

The two important things to me are: 1). Getting FP for FOP (or any hard-to-get FP)- especially if early in one's stay; and 2). Dealing with crowds. If either of those things are likely the upgrade seems smart. Then you can fill in the other days' FPP at the 60 day mark.

Oh yeah I forgot they no longer offer the viewing spot, darn, I am going to call DSS tomorrow and throw questions at them, guess they replaced the IPO which was nicer because it was resort specific and they people I spoke with prior to trip I met on the CL during my trip. :) it was right before the new Old Faithful Lounge was complete and it was sort of nice to be inside what was the VP suite....that begs the question if the two special suites are still there? Got to tour both decorated years back and that was great fun.

Sooooo if I have to pick 90 day this coming week would you suggest I pick them in morning or later after lunch? Am thinking on strategy of the 60 day FP and using those up in morning in case I want more, but then again I suppose if I pick the 3 most desired with my purchased FP in the morning, the likelihood of the lesser rides available in afternoon at 60 day will be better. More thinking on the logistics of walking time and being in park....rather fun but would be much better if it were just like a golden fastpass that you could buy 3 and use them anytime! That way you don't have the lag time between rides in one land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter