Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I may be running the risk of having virtual pillows thrown at me ;) but it seems as if Dusney makes many of its least desirable rooms into club level rooms. The WL gives smal rooms with dormer balconies to club level and so does the BC CL. YC CL gives their roof view rooms to families of five. This is a standard view for non club level rooms. I don't know about other resorts, but it does seem true for those three resorts.

Since there are just two of us this trip, the smaller WL rooms are plenty big enough for us. And we love the way they are decorated. :)

And this is our fourth stay at WL in January or February and it was too cold to sit on the balconies most of the time.

Very true, especially because club level is almost always the top floor, so you're more likely to encounter dormer rooms. I don't think any of these hotels were built with the intent of having a club level anyway. Except for the CR and GF. Those seem like dedicated and planned club levels.

The first time we stayed at WL CL back in 2004 it was just a few tables of food in the hallway, they didn't even have that other room where the food is now.

image.jpeg

If Disney built a new deluxe resort I bet they'd plan and design a club level that would offer better room layouts and views.

I may be running the risk of having virtual pillows thrown at me ;) but it seems as if Dusney makes many of its least desirable rooms into club level rooms. The WL gives smal rooms with dormer balconies to club level and so does the BC CL. YC CL gives their roof view rooms to families of five. This is a standard view for non club level rooms. I don't know about other resorts, but it does seem true for those three resorts.

Since there are just two of us this trip, the smaller WL rooms are plenty big enough for us. And we love the way they are decorated. :)

And this is our fourth stay at WL in January or February and it was too cold to sit on the balconies most of the time.
Sue,as disappointed as i was with the wl balcony i really enjoyed all the different seating areas in the lounge. To have the whole floor to wonder around was great. I was the only one sitting on the far side with tv set up:thumbsup2

I liked to try each spot for different views. Some were below or some view of outside. In the end the small room and balcony was fine for me and dd. For a family of 4 I would have needed a bigger balcony.

Hi Erika- I see you added us to the list for our Feb. 23-26 at the GF RPC but forgot us for Feb. 26- March 3 at the BWI CL. Thank you so much and have a great day!

Loving seeing everyone's photos :) So here's my issue, starting to plan my next trip (end of 2016) and I just can't make my mind up over WL CL (which I really enjoyed), YC CL (last stayed there 2006 and thought it was time to return) or go for some real luxury at the Four Seasons. The prices I've been quoted for CL are less than staying at the Four Seasons, and whilst I love dipping in and out of the parks I'm finding that I spend time shopping offsite and enjoying spa treatments. Has anyone stayed at the Four Seasons who has in the past stayed CL at Disney, any preference?

My thoughts may be different from most, but I'll throw them in! I really enjoy Disney with our kids, and I love the Four Seasons. But we've decided to keep them separate. At Disney, the kids love (and I appreciate) theming. As a result, Poly and WL are topping the list for our family right now (although I love BC and BWI, kids are back into the MK area resorts again.) In any event, we're doing Four Seasons for our trip to Canada during winter break, but we'll stick with Disney resorts when we're at Disney. Good luck with your decision - good choice either way!

My thoughts may be different from most, but I'll throw them in! I really enjoy Disney with our kids, and I love the Four Seasons. But we've decided to keep them separate. At Disney, the kids love (and I appreciate) theming. As a result, Poly and WL are topping the list for our family right now (although I love BC and BWI, kids are back into the MK area resorts again.) In any event, we're doing Four Seasons for our trip to Canada during winter break, but we'll stick with Disney resorts when we're at Disney. Good luck with your decision - good choice either way!

What kind of room do you guys do at the WL? Jr suite?

Sue,as disappointed as i was with the wl balcony i really enjoyed all the different seating areas in the lounge. To have the whole floor to wonder around was great. I was the only one sitting on the far side with tv set up:thumbsup2

I liked to try each spot for different views. Some were below or some view of outside. In the end the small room and balcony was fine for me and dd. For a family of 4 I would have needed a bigger balcony.

I'm with you, Trish. I absolutely love the layout of the WL lounge. It feels so nicely spread out and the views both inside and looking out are fantastic. CMs are super friendly without being too in-your-face. The layout of the lounge reduces the risk of rude guest behavior having any impact on our stay, and I really love that.

I've considered upgrading to CL at WL in February, because it's only a $70 difference from our courtyard view/bunkbed room. But then I'd risk losing our courtyard view and (less important) the bunk beds. Our youngest really loves CL, but our older boys are turning against it because the evening appetizers seem to put pressure on our plans. And our youngest likes going to get Mickey waffles from Roaring Forks in the morning. We stayed non-CL at WL in the summer and still had a great time. Can't decide . . .

What kind of room do you guys do at the WL? Jr suite?

Now that we're a family of five, we only stay at WL when my husband isn't traveling to Disney with us, which is most of the time now that he's had it with Disney. :) So we've done regular CL room and courtyard view rooms. I planned to book the jr. suite/deluxe room for February, but it never popped up with a discount - not general public, not disney visa and not AP. Boo. I'm going to keep watching the website, but at Disney, we're usually OK in a regular room. Although we'll see how it goes for our Poly villa studio stay - 15- and 16-year-old boys might be crabby on the fold out sofa, but they chose it. Our stays in suites have been at BWI and BC and were random complimentary upgrades. For non-Disney, we usually go with a suite (booked 1-bedroom suites for winter break in Canada and later this month in NYC - yay!) or do VRBO and rent an apartment or house. I'm looking into Four Seasons Vail for next summer - have you heard anything about that property?

I sweated it out for a few months and I finally changed our resort from WL CL to BC CL for Feb 26 to Mar 7. I got nervous about the WL refurb plus the fact that we were paying rack rate for a deluxe room-over $10,000- for just me and DD (19) for our annual girl's trip. I actually saved $2000 switching to BC CL!! Looking forward to being "home" again.

Now that we're a family of five, we only stay at WL when my husband isn't traveling to Disney with us, which is most of the time now that he's had it with Disney. :)

Mine is the same! We have done four trips-soon to be five-without him and my son-my husband convinced him that dirt bike trips to the Mohave or hiking in Utah were much more fun than Disney.

Learn from my mistake and protect your kids!!

Thanks, I'm really torn, love my Disney CL stays but just feel I want something more luxurious but then again will I miss staying onsite properly, I've long enough to decide so will probably do a few resort tweaks until I'm finally decided lol

I sweated it out for a few months and I finally changed our resort from WL CL to BC CL for Feb 26 to Mar 7. I got nervous about the WL refurb plus the fact that we were paying rack rate for a deluxe room-over $10,000- for just me and DD (19) for our annual girl's trip. I actually saved $2000 switching to BC CL!! Looking forward to being "home" again.

Good choice!

Thanks, I'm really torn, love my Disney CL stays but just feel I want something more luxurious but then again will I miss staying onsite properly, I've long enough to decide so will probably do a few resort tweaks until I'm finally decided lol

I didn't really miss being "onsite" at the four seasons because we were so close to everything. We could see all four theme parks from our balcony, watched multiple fireworks shows every night, and the bus transportation to the parks was super luxurious... so much nicer than the Disney buses. If I could afford it I'd go back to the park view suite in a heartbeat! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Pure luxury, ultimate pampering, I felt like a queen!

LOVED the four seasons. :cloud9: Our suite was so far above and beyond anything we've ever had in a Disney resort, it was gorgeous, amazing, beautiful, there's no comparison at all to anything at Disney. :love: I have a ton of pics on pinterest of our suite and also another suite I toured: https://www.pinterest.com/erikamurphy12/four-seasons-resort-orlando-at-walt-disney-world/

If I could afford it I would stay in that suite ever single time I go to Disney. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

But, on the down side, there's no lounge at the Four Seasons. So if you want breakfast and apps that are included in the price of your room I'd stick with CL somewhere at Disney. I guess it just depends on what is more important to you.
FYI, yacht club is getting ready to be remodeled, I don't know the dates but I would keep that in mind. BC is done and really nice. :thumbsup2

Thanks Erika, the resort looks gorgeous and your suite amazing. I found in recent years whilst staying CL that I was eating a cooked breakfast in the resort restaurants more so than the CL breakfasts, so I think it won't be too much of a negative if I didn't stay CL but there's something about the Disney resorts I really love.

I didn't really miss being "onsite" at the four seasons because we were so close to everything. We could see all four theme parks from our balcony, watched multiple fireworks shows every night, and the bus transportation to the parks was super luxurious... so much nicer than the Disney buses. If I could afford it I'd go back to the park view suite in a heartbeat! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Pure luxury, ultimate pampering, I felt like a queen!

I'm so torn for the same reason! My husband is treating me to a 35th birthday weekend to Disney Jan 8-11. My friend is flying from Toronto to join me. He wants me to stay at the Four Seasons to be pampered as this is my first trip away from my kids! I'm leaning towards AKL-CL which I love and have stayed multiple times. I also feel like Disney has transportation, FP, and I love the food and wine at CL which will all add up at the F.S. I have an AP so park time is ok, but my friend will have to purchase tickets. If we were going to just enjoy the resort, hands down FS but AKL is the best of both worlds? Idk?.. Please help! I want both :(

I'm so torn for the same reason! My husband is treating me to a 35th birthday weekend to Disney Jan 8-11. My friend is flying from Toronto to join me. He wants me to stay at the Four Seasons to be pampered as this is my first trip away from my kids! I'm leaning towards AKL-CL which I love and have stayed multiple times. I also feel like Disney has transportation, FP, and I love the food and wine at CL which will all add up at the F.S. I have an AP so park time is ok, but my friend will have to purchase tickets. If we were going to just enjoy the resort, hands down FS but AKL is the best of both worlds? Idk?.. Please help! I want both :(

Oh boy, that's race weekend. We stayed at AKL one year when we couldn't get anything closer to Epcot (my relatives run the races every year). On that Saturday morning I think we sat on the bus over an hour from AKL to MK. Then Sunday morning the road was closed completely. If I were you I'd focus more on resort time during the day, enjoy yourself!! Then hit the parks in the evening when the race traffic is over.

We've stayed at the Four Seasons in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco and they are all amazing, luxurious, incredible locations but for me, when I am in Disney, I NEED to stay in a Disney hotel.

I agree. But for trips when you're not focused so much on the theme parks I think it's nice to be pampered. :)

Can't believe we are so close to our first proper club level stay! A week tomorrow we fly from the uk and after 1 night in okw, we check into akv for 6 nights in a DVC studio!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter