• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi friends,
After a quick weekend away with the hubby, is like to share my thoughts on BWI CL.

It rocks!!!
We stayed in room 4237 which is directly across from the lounge. It has a king bed and a sofa and the best BW view!!
View attachment 160277 View attachment 160278I'll be back with offering reviews and more thoughts soon!!

I can't wait to read it. Trying to decide between BWI CL and BC CL and BC GV right now. Ugh! Decisions are hard...anyone want to chime in with their opinion? Thanks :)

I can't wait to read it. Trying to decide between BWI CL and BC CL and BC GV right now. Ugh! Decisions are hard...anyone want to chime in with their opinion? Thanks :)
Tough choice! BC CL is unavailable for our dates but we stayed there last yet and loved it! Based on CMs and lounge food I'd pick BWI but pool I'd pick BC room wise I like both. In zero help but in essence you have no bad decision there

When fo they have those little tea sandwiches? Afternoon snacks or with appetizers? Thanks!
Afternoon snacks it was 1130-4p.
I didn't get any pictures of the evening offerings. There was a really good clam chowder. Pb&j rollups. Two other hot apps that escape my mind, sorry. Bread, cold cuts, cheese, veggies.

Breakfast there was oatmeal and lox and salmon for the bagels. This really good crumb cake I was addicted to. And they did have small bottles of water to take to the parks. Any other questions ask most definitely.
And turndown...image.jpeg

Last edited:
How cute! Thanks for the info. Glad to see something other than chips & candy in the afternoon. Hope YC starts doing something like that.

Club Level DISers! :hug:
For future club level guests: Let us know your resort and dates, we'll add you to our upcoming club level guest list! A fun way to see who might be staying with you at the same resort on club level. Maybe even arrange to meet! It's always great to put a face to a name! :goodvibes To be added just PM your info to TigrLvsPooh (Erika Murphy) or comment on the thread and TAG me. :D
Atrium Club at Disney's Contemporary Resort
jettman001 - August 23-31, 2016
qbmillar - November 13-19, 2016

Tower Club at Disney's Contemporary Resort

King Kamehameha Club at Disney's Polynesian Resort

dmetcalfrn - March 28 - April 2, 2016
DeborahB - April 11-14, 2016
kkayluvsdis - April 12-19, 2016
wdwloverz - April 13-14, 2016
kapstar - April 23 - May 1, 2016
got15 - May 13-19, 2016
vettegirl - May 21-26, 2016
amf1016 - June 18-26, 2016
TJA - July 2-5, 2016
AquaDame - July 2-5, 2016
BenandMorgsMom - July 2-7, 2016
TigrLvsPooh - July 20-27, 2016
Greeny T - July 21-28, 2016
AliceIn - July 23-30, 2016
Dispro1 - July 26-30, 2016
DisDreamPrincess - July 27-31, 2016
pas130 - July 28 - August 1, 2016
Nikki0401 - August 13-20, 2016
mimi1016 - August 13-19, 2016
prgal0715 - August 24 - September 3, 2016
PolyPrincess - September 5-13, 2016
kcpinwdw - September 3-9, 2016
Clarabel - October 21 - November 4, 2016
BellaBully - November 2-12, 2016

Irishcastles23 - December 18-22, 2016

Royal Palm Club at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

BLion9 - April 9-15, 2016
Dispro1 - May 29 - June 4, 2016
AliceIn - July 22, 2016
disneybounddd - August 4-8, 2016

Sugar Loaf Club at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

ToyStory3 - May 21-28, 2016
cgh - August 14-20, 2016

Old Faithful Club at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Inkeeper's Club at Disney's Boardwalk Inn

TJA - June 27 - July 2, 2016
DisDreamPrincess - July 23-27, 2016
pas130 - August 1-5, 2016
Tinkerdee - August 7-17, 2016
gwynne - October 20-31, 2016

Stone Harbor Club at Disney's Beach Club Resort

eelkmj01 - May 4-10, 2016
jpalasky - May 7-14, 2016
ToniClifford - May 22 - June 5, 2016
dmetcalfrn - May 30 - June 4, 2016
4Disneygenerations - August 2016
schwaa - August 17-25, 2016
Grandma G - October 22-29, 2016
ClareH37 - April 25 - May 3, 2017

Regatta Club at Disney's Yacht Club Resort

gwynne - April 16-21, 2016
csmolu - April 30 - May 8, 2016
princessemsmom - May 22-24, 2016
pld5 - June 5-10, 2016
disneylovinfamilyof6 - July 3-8, 2016
focusonDisney - September 10-17, 2016
DLo - October 8-12, 2016
Hadjii - November 10-16, 2016

Kilimanjaro Club at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
TeeterTots - April 17-23, 2016
RebelSoul - April 27 - May 2, 2016
MouseMommy1 - April 29 - May 1, 2016
PghPiratesGirl - September 29 - October 6, 2016
Ruth B - October 20 - November 1, 2016
lovetotraveltx - November 13-19, 2016
mrsap - November 27 - December 2, 2016
bigskip - October 28 - November 11, 2017

Hi, I will be staying at the GF Sugar Loaf from July 25th - August 2nd 2016

I agree with what Pas said...BWI CL is awesome (I love the tea sandwiches in the afternoon and the CMs are great), but the pool at BC is the best! If you will be spending a lot of your time at the pool, that may help with your decision. The food and CMs at BC are good too (love the cheese grits for breakfast). The pool at BWI is supposedly really good too, but it was a bit of a hike from CL side so we only went to the quiet pool. All in all, there really isn't a bad choice to be made between the two IMO:)

I agree with what Pas said...BWI CL is awesome (I love the tea sandwiches in the afternoon and the CMs are great), but the pool at BC is the best! If you will be spending a lot of your time at the pool, that may help with your decision. The food and CMs at BC are good too (love the cheese grits for breakfast). The pool at BWI is supposedly really good too, but it was a bit of a hike from CL side so we only went to the quiet pool. All in all, there really isn't a bad choice to be made between the two IMO:)

Thanks! We have stayed BC CL a few times but I was tempted to try something new and thus considering BWI CL or save money and stay in a standard room. However, I'm bringing a 10 year old and 11 year old boy and they really want the BC pool and I love the CL convenience and service. I think I'm gonna go BC again! A bit worried about cutbacks so I will be reading reviews but then again our experiences have generally been very good. We have stayed CL at the BC, YC, Poly, AKL, and GF SL bldg. I have been unable to justify CL at CR and GF RPC but maybe one day.

From what TJA just experienced doing a split stay at POR and RPC, it sounds like you wouldn't really save that much money staying non CL since drinks and snacks out of pocket add up so quickly...plus, I totally agree with you on the convenience and service part! RPC is my absolute fave, but I can't justify it every time for sure...especially with all the price increases over the years. You can't go wrong with SAB in the summer for sure....although BWI would probably be my choice in the winter (if not RPC)!

Worth is subjective as it's different for everyone, but I think the extra cost for RPC is worth it over SL. I know the cost difference is substantial between the 2, but RPC (IMO) has a nicer/more relaxing atmosphere with great views. If the extra cost cost is doable, I say splurge for your honeymoon. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

I only have experience with RPC, not Sugarloaf, but I'll just cut straight to it, of course it's worth it! And that's coming from someone who left last month thinking it wasn't worth it. I'm not so sure you'll really feel "extra special" or "pampered" - but heck, it's your honeymoon, go big! If it were me on my honeymoon, I'd definitely want to be in the main building. Obviously a totally subjective "easy for me to say" opinion and I don't know how much the extra money will be on your budget, but for me it would be no debate. Best of luck with your planning, and early congrats!

I loooove that you can walk out of your room (or if you have a room at the end of the hall) and hear the orchestra/band. It is so fantastic. That right there is worth it for me. We've had a deluxe king on the corners (turret room) and we could hear it from bed. It was the best.

I remember debating the same thing 16 years ago and my Dad said to go all out because you will not be able to justify spending this much on a vacation again. We stayed in a turret room (called honeymoon suites back then) with RPC for 4 nights because that was all we could afford. It was worth every penny!

The next time we stayed here was for our 15th anniversary for 2 nights because the cost of the room has gone up so much. We got upgraded to a TPV and it was worth every penny!

Thanks for all the insight! I really like the thought of walking out and hearing the band. The exclusive nature of CL makes me feel pampered! So many options, I hope I can swing main building. I'm willing to overlook the price difference, but my future hubby wants to take a newlywed trip to Hawaii since this isn't his first choice lol. Maybe a shorter RPC visit... Ahh I love planning! princess:

We are heading to GF on the 23rd and will be staying club level. I know there is online check-in but wasn't sure you need to do that when you are club so I emailed them and they said check-in is done through the concierge so no need to do on-line check in. We have never been before and there will be 4 of us. I have seen people don't like dormer rooms and I'm not sure what that means but what do I want to specifically tell them that I don't want? I'm going to send them an e-mail with the hopes that they can honor my requests. So to the ones who have been before, what would yousuggest to request?

We are heading to GF on the 23rd and will be staying club level. I know there is online check-in but wasn't sure you need to do that when you are club so I emailed them and they said check-in is done through the concierge so no need to do on-line check in. We have never been before and there will be 4 of us. I have seen people don't like dormer rooms and I'm not sure what that means but what do I want to specifically tell them that I don't want? I'm going to send them an e-mail with the hopes that they can honor my requests. So to the ones who have been before, what would yousuggest to request?

I am a newbie to the CL experience. I will be at the GF in late July. You raise some good questions I'm interested in hearing more about, so I will be tagging along on your post if you don't mind. :)

I forgot to ask this before. Are you staying CL in the Royal Palm Club in the main building, or Sugar Loaf? I believe the main building CL rooms are not on the top floor (with the exception of maybe 1 room), so the dormer rooms aren't an issue there. I have an upcoming stay at the RPC, and I had the same question as you.

I've stayed in Sugar Loaf in the past, and initially my family was given a ground floor room. The noise coming from the lounge was very audible in the room, so we absolutely did not want to stay there. Our only other option was a room on the top floor - which are the dormer rooms. Honestly, I didn't mind the dormer room. They have very high ceilings, so it feels large and airy. There is no one above you, so the rooms are nice and quiet - no stomping feet to wake you up. The thing that people don't like is the balcony because they are enclosed. You can stand and look out at the scenery, but if you sit down, all you see is the balcony wall. On the bright side, you can sit out there in your pjs with your morning coffee, and nobody would see you :)

HI,
You must be so excited and you will be amazingly happy with CL. We stayed at Sugarloaf last summer and check in was a breeze, they meet you at the entrance and bring you right to your room. The only request I made was a Marina view and we all loved it. Very convenient to everything. I can not say enough about the CL staff anything you want they will do their best to make it happen.

Here was our view Rm6315GFFt.jpgroom6315GFA.jpg

We recently stayed in RPC (main building CL) and I still did the online check in because I wanted a chance to receive a room-ready text with my room number. However, if you are new to CL, then checking in with the concierge can be nice because they'll give you any information you need/want right at check in....and it's a quiet and relaxing way to check in too. We have stayed CL many times, so I knew we'd be happy to receive a text with our room number and head straight to our room.

As far as room requests, I always send them via email to the IPO. If staying in RPC, personally, I plan to request "4th floor" next time. That's where the food is :). I really don't know anything about the dormer rooms so I'm betting they weren't applicable to my stay -- we were in a "standard room main building."

(I edited my first paragraph to say I wanted "a chance" to receive a room-ready text. Nothing is ever a for-sure thing! This was our first trip that I received one, and it was pretty exciting - lol.)

Last edited:
We recently stayed in RPC (main building CL) and I still did the online check in because I wanted to receive a room-ready text with my room number.

Just wanted to point out that not everyone that completes Online Check In is going to be able to get their room number texted to them and Bypass The Front Desk. That's is the eventual goal, but as of now a majority of people completing Online Check In still have to stop by the Front Desk/CL Desk before getting their room number and into their room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter