• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just booked our first stay at CR Atrium TPV in July - so excited!!!! We were going to stay WLCL but had to jump at CR as there was a discount.

Congrats on the discount! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

I just extended our early November Poly CL TPV stay a day.

I decided I don't want to leave the park and go to the airport all sweaty at 3 pm. And I also don't want to move all my stuff to a cheaper room. So I blew even MORE money on a final night. Because...I am spoiled.

I hope they release a fall deal, and I hope our room type is included, and I hope I get it applied.

But in the meantime....HURRAH!

(PS - I blame all of you)

It's always fun extending a trip! Happy planning and good luck getting a discount :goodvibes.

WOOT WOOT you all talked me in to it. I called and upgraded our Dec Gf stay to SLCL. Can not wait. Very excited. :yay: Special thanks to Tishadono and Ewoks

Hope you have a great time! :)

Some have water bottles. Yet some (bc) keep a bowl a taffy on the desk and you want to just swipe some when you go by lol.
OMG! yes the taffy!!! My first BC CL stay in 2014 I asked it I could buy the taffy they had at the desk in one of the stores, the CM asked to see my oversized purse, he dumped a whole bin of taffy into my purse. sweet pixie dust! Man I miss that taffy

@HBGdancermom - I see what you're doing there with taking your kids separately. That's double vacations for you! Actually I'm in the same camp... I have a lot of making up to do with DD when she's older. It's only fair I treat her to the same Disney adventures, right? :rolleyes1

/QUOTE]

Oh yes! It's my selfish new strategy and hubby is all for it! He loves disney too but not every 10 minutes like I do.....:rotfl2:

And it is only fair that your daughter gets an equal number of trips.....

:hug:

I am thrilled for you! AND it's only fair. We will be there 8/4-11 and I hope you love it as much as the Pas clan (and I love Poly CL as much as you :) )

;)

Oh I am sure I will!! Can't wait to hear about your trip. Where are you staying in August?

Hello all! Popping in to say HELLO and GOOD MORNING from the Grand Floridian! It's spring break!

For this trip we're trying GF SL, so knocking another one off the list. I think with the exception of the suites or places like TongaSo far, we are having a GRAND time! I see why some folks have their opinions on this place, but all in all we are enjoying ourselves. The location is great and overall offerings are just fine. Service and CMs are always hit/miss everywhere, but you definitely run across more CMs that seem to care here, overall.

Something newsworthy this AM... they were making Mickey Waffles at breakfast! Yes, Mickey Waffles!

They had a station setup at the entrance on the marina side and a chef making them fresh. The chef said this is the first day trying this and that it will be every other day or every few days, not a daily thing.

With kiddos I've always kind of wished the CL's had Mickey Waffles so it was great to see this.

We did have chicken skewers for apps last night, FWIW! :-)

Off to Epcot/F&G today. Our first time at F&G.

Lovin' the weather this time of year. It's warm, but not that humid.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Oh yay!!!!! So excited for you! My son and I loved GF SL last summer. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool in one of those larger rooms. So nice and I loved the CL lounge! Enjoy! Can't wait for your pictures...:cool1:

Allow me to share a good Signature Services story. :goodvibes

I booked all of my own ADR's, except for the ROL dining package because the dates had not opened for August yet.

Well, as of today, the dates were showing up on the Disney website, but no times were showing as available. This was happening to everyone.

I called Signature Services and they were able to book me immediately, while others were still waiting.

A couple of hours later, the website booking did open up, but I already had my slot!

I was pretty pleased with that. :cheer2:

That is awesome Mousemommy!!:goodvibes

I am so excited I had to share with all of you! I was able to change my December reservation to the BWI club level for my 65th birthday celebration! I have been trying everyday to change it and get my 50% cast discount and today was my lucky day. Now I need to change my ticker!!!!

Happy Birthday Kerry!! What a great place to celebrate!:dancer:

As for me, I always trying to look for another way back to the world and CL if I am truly honest...:rotfl2:

So I am still thinking anniversary trip in June and now thinking it would be awesome to come back with the whole crew for Thanksgiving time. Anyone experience WDW at that busy time?

Have a good DSS story. Dates for the Star Wars Guided Tour and the Star Wars Dessert Party in June and July went up Tuesday night. I sat on hold for longer than I care to admit trying to get Tour tickets, only to be told that although dates were up, reservations weren't live yet. Tried again in the morning, same thing.

Then I saw someone on FB got reservations, I tried the regular line again and the wait time was over an hour. I decided to heck with it, I'm going to give DSS a shot. The NICEST CM answered the phone, confirmed reservations weren't live yet, then after we had a really enjoyable chat, she said she wanted to check again for me. Lo and behold they were up, she got us in, and could not have been more helpful.

I'm sure the timing on it was just a happy coincidence, but killing time with a friendly argument over the merits of BB-8 vs K-2SO beats the heck out of 60 minutes worth of hold music! :darth:

We are booked at the Contemporary at the end of June to July 4 for a Standard Atrium Club room. Is there a room request that we should add? If we request close to elevator or club lounge, will this be far enough from Chef Mickey's noise? I do go back and take naps, mid day but I have narcolepsy and can sleep anywhere and through anything. Any benefits to any other certain room requests? Thanks for any suggestions!

We're currently at AKL club level and unfortunately are finding that it just doesn't have the magic of the other club level resorts. On a positive we're in a DVC 1 bedroom villa which is fabulous and has partial savannah view. There's no bottled water available nor bottles of orange juice. Wine and beer no longer make an appearance at 5pm and must be 'requested' with no indication of what's available. It's the same with the cordials too. My DH asked if he could take a beer back to the room with the top on to consume later and he was told 'no' as club level is a service and not a bar. We're seriously missing the
Wonderful staff at the BWI and CR. I can't see us rushing back here.

We're currently at AKL club level and unfortunately are finding that it just doesn't have the magic of the other club level resorts. On a positive we're in a DVC 1 bedroom villa which is fabulous and has partial savannah view. There's no bottled water available nor bottles of orange juice. Wine and beer no longer make an appearance at 5pm and must be 'requested' with no indication of what's available. It's the same with the cordials too. My DH asked if he could take a beer back to the room with the top on to consume later and he was told 'no' as club level is a service and not a bar. We're seriously missing the

Sorry you're not loving AKL. Interestingly enough, we were able to take an unopened beer to our room at AKL, but were explicitly told NO at BWI by several different CMs. :confused3 It sucked since we were in a garden cottage so we had a ridiculously long trek back and forth to the lounge to get anything, too. Inconsistencies like these can often make for a less-than-stellar experience for sure.

When we stayed at AKL, the CMs were very willing to explain the wines available and told us many times to ask any time of day or night for a glass if we wanted one (so long as the lounge was open of course). They just didn't leave the bottles out on display and instead served them from the kitchen area. There was one CM who was kinda snippy, but the others were very nice. Maybe ask a different CM and see if you get better service?

I'd love to hear what room you guys are in! We are in a DVC 1 bdrm in June. I'm hoping for the partial savannah view room too!

We are back from our first stay at CR Atrium CL. We were very pleased with our experience. Being that close to the monorail was wonderful and the CM were very accomodating. During our stay my son became ill and needed at Doctor. The CL staff had a variety of situations available. I had a Doctor come to our room. (7pm) He brought the antibiotics needed so I did not need to have them delivered. I am greatful for the CM who saved our vacation.

I'm sorry to hear that....on another note, are you a DVC member? My understanding is that those DVC 1 bdrm CL rooms are pretty hard to get if you are not. If you are not...were you able to get a discount on it?

Just trying to gauge our chances....

Just booked kilimanjaro club for August 2018!!! Still ages away but am looking forward to hearing more on here about what to expect and advice.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

So excited we booked the grand Floridian in the main building for June!!!!

RPC is amazing, hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

Have a good DSS story. Dates for the Star Wars Guided Tour and the Star Wars Dessert Party in June and July went up Tuesday night. I sat on hold for longer than I care to admit trying to get Tour tickets, only to be told that although dates were up, reservations weren't live yet. Tried again in the morning, same thing.

Then I saw someone on FB got reservations, I tried the regular line again and the wait time was over an hour. I decided to heck with it, I'm going to give DSS a shot. The NICEST CM answered the phone, confirmed reservations weren't live yet, then after we had a really enjoyable chat, she said she wanted to check again for me. Lo and behold they were up, she got us in, and could not have been more helpful.

I'm sure the timing on it was just a happy coincidence, but killing time with a friendly argument over the merits of BB-8 vs K-2SO beats the heck out of 60 minutes worth of hold music! :darth:

Glad you got the tickets you wanted and that DSS was able to help :).

We are booked at the Contemporary at the end of June to July 4 for a Standard Atrium Club room. Is there a room request that we should add? If we request close to elevator or club lounge, will this be far enough from Chef Mickey's noise? I do go back and take naps, mid day but I have narcolepsy and can sleep anywhere and through anything. Any benefits to any other certain room requests? Thanks for any suggestions!

I can't help with requests as we haven't stayed at the CR, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! Hopefully others will be able to help with requests :flower3:.

I'm sorry you're not having the best experience at AKL CL, but I hope the rest of your trip is fun ;).

We are back from our first stay at CR Atrium CL. We were very pleased with our experience. Being that close to the monorail was wonderful and the CM were very accomodating. During our stay my son became ill and needed at Doctor. The CL staff had a variety of situations available. I had a Doctor come to our room. (7pm) He brought the antibiotics needed so I did not need to have them delivered. I am greatful for the CM who saved our vacation.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed CR CL. I'm sorry your son got sick, but glad he got what he needed to get better. Hopefully he was able to enjoy the rest of his trip :).

Sorry to hear you aren't loving the CL service. Like @Ewoks said, the CMs never seemed bothered when I asked what they had available to drink. Later on my first day, though, I found a small screen (under the lounge TV) that displayed all of the food and beverage offerings that would be in the lounge. If you feel like you'd be "bothering" CMs by asking them about the offerings repeatedly, look for that screen. I posted pictures of it in this post if you want to know what to look for.

Atrium Club - FUN! Just my opinion, but given that view category I'd want to be on the northeast "quadrant" of the building. These two graphics should help. Rooms 4813ish to 4824. My rationale is to be away from Chef Mickey's and the minor amount of noise it creates.

Hope that helps!

CR Map.jpg

Contemp Room # Map-Labeled.jpg

That's awesome to hear. Thank you for sharing, and glad you had a good stay despite your son being sick. My son had a stomach bug during one of our CR trips (Dec 2014) and we were stuck in the room quite a bit. The CL CMs (and Mousekeeping) were so accommodating and really helped us out in a challenging situation. It was definitely one of those times I really appreciated staying CL. Sounds like you had a similar experience.

Do you guys do online check-in if you are staying at CL. I hear about how it's supposed to be a better check-in process for club level, does online check-in skip that? I wanted to meet the CM at the club level for check in.

Bmath, I'm going to piggy-back your question with... can I completely bypass all CMs and just go directly to our room once they text me our CL room number? We've stayed at the WL several times (including CL) and would just prefer to go directly to the room ourselves. The elevator should work for us right via magicband?

Late response to this and you've heard some opinions already, but just wanted to relay what I do.

At first I was anti-online check-in. Call me old fashion but we just prefer to stop and chat.

However, in the past year I've started to do online check-in each time. But I will still stop and 'check-in' at the CM desk (even if I've recieved the text already) just to hear the CL spiel, get any paperwork, etc. Get a welcome drink if offered. Some (eg, Poly) will give kiddos a little toy (sand pale and tiki mask coloring kit). Usually takes all of a few minutes.

If you've recieved the text already you can bypass everything and go straight to your room. You MB will work to access the building/elevator depending on the resort.

I book room-only reservations so have to pay the balance when I check-in. One benefit of doing online check-in is that your CC is already on file and the room payment is handled automatically that day. It's better than being reminded about the cost of your vacation right at minute one of your trip! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter