• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hello everyone! We are planning our Disney vacation for November! My husband is trying to make it extra special (since I'll be turning 40!) and told me to pick the hotel that will make me the happiest! We just booked YC because our friends (who we travel with every year), are staying there... but I'm not 100% sure that's where I want to stay. We love the convenience of CL. Is there a difference with YC and BC CL offerings? Would you choose one over the other?
Also, if you had to pick your favorite resort/lounge - where would you pick? Our "home" resort has been WL, but I'd really like to change it up this year. Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions!!!
We stayed at bc cl and found the offereings plentiful. @pas130 was just at yc cl . Her comparisons made me feel it was less but things always change. I do know I would choose bc for cl based on reading responses but yc for non cl because I like a balcony .

It is fun traveling with friends I hope it all works out for a great bday trip..

What's the current thought on online-check-in for club level rooms? In the past the IPO CMs told me that it didn't really matter when staying CL, but I know things tend to change. Any thoughts?

I agree with @trishadono. I used to waive off online check-in but have been doing it the last few trips because I like getting the room text, especially if I'm arriving later. I am somewhat anal about my room, so I just like to know! :-)

But I will still tell people I'm checking in CL when I arrive and go through those motions, just to get any paperwork, chat with the CMs, etc. I sort of like to play dumb just to get the CL check-in experience. If you still have a balance due, with online check-in that's all handled automatically so you don't have to deal with it (and be reminded of the amount!) upon arrival, which I like.

One detail about online check-in, I don't bother with any of the room request options. I leave those blank.

What amout of days is your normal staty cl 5,6,7, or more?
Actually for mom and me trips we have done a few days moderate then added a cl day to the end as a treat. We get right over at 7-7:30 am for breakfast in the lounge (either by taxi or Disney transportation) . Then head to the park that morning from that resort.

I have also done a few days cl for me and dd after a family villa trip .

I have also done cl first for a few days then done non cl after. That was poly cl then the Grand non last year.

The longest was 6 days cl a few times.

There's no right or wrong way to cl! To each his own.

My next trip is gf non-cl with dh.

Then a bwi non cl for CP in November then moving to gf RPC for a relaxing ' get in the Christmas mood' finale for my mom for 2 nights.

First night at contemporary CL.

Wine and beer is poured but if she's not there I just pour my own, she said it's no issue.

Talked to the chef, he said all the food is fresh made and they will be adding action stations soon. Just need to clear fire Marshall.

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

Hello everyone! We are planning our Disney vacation for November! My husband is trying to make it extra special (since I'll be turning 40!) and told me to pick the hotel that will make me the happiest! We just booked YC because our friends (who we travel with every year), are staying there... but I'm not 100% sure that's where I want to stay. We love the convenience of CL. Is there a difference with YC and BC CL offerings? Would you choose one over the other?
Also, if you had to pick your favorite resort/lounge - where would you pick? Our "home" resort has been WL, but I'd really like to change it up this year. Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions!!!

I can't comment on YC/BC CL, but if you are looking at other options, I think GF RPC would be a nice birthday celebration trip. Poly CL would be another suggestion. RPC is my favorite so far, but we are booked at Poly CL this fall and I'm excited to try that. We love the Poly as it's our favorite resort and I've read a lot of great things about CL (especially the view from the lounge). Good luck deciding, I hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

We've stayed as little as 3 and as many as 8 :).

We stayed at bc cl and found the offereings plentiful. @pas130 was just at yc cl . Her comparisons made me feel it was less but things always change. I do know I would choose bc for cl based on reading responses but yc for non cl because I like a balcony .

It is fun traveling with friends I hope it all works out for a great bday trip..

Thank you so much for the response!! We were supposed to stay BC CL last year and changed last minute (our friends switched), so we followed. I'm still bummed about it and am seriously considering switching- but my DH feels the updated rooms are worth staying put. And they share the same pool too... but I'm all about the CL offerings because I'm SO picky! I can always wait and see if offerings change, but If they're close in comparison, I guess I'll just stay with our friends.

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

I can't comment on YC/BC CL, but if you are looking at other options, I think GF RPC would be a nice birthday celebration trip. Poly CL would be another suggestion. RPC is my favorite so far, but we are booked at Poly CL this fall and I'm excited to try that. We love the Poly as it's our favorite resort and I've read a lot of great things about CL (especially the view from the lounge). Good luck deciding, I hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

We've stayed as little as 3 and as many as 8 :).

Thank you for your reply! I hope you have a great trip!!! Poly was one of my options till I saw the lounge offerings. I didn't really like many of the hot offerings (I'm painfully picky). If we went, it would be for the view! It looks truly amazing! My DH has wanted to stay at GF!!! It's definitely a consideration. The ones I have crossed off is AKL (wouldn't eat any of the hot apps), WL (we've been several times), and Poly. I'm so torn.

Ok, I need some input. So I just priced out some rooms for our anniversary in August. My dream has always been to stay at the Contemporary and it's our last chance to use the military discount of 40%, so I figure we might as well go big. So here's my dilemma, there's no rooms on the Atrium level, just tower club. It would be a king for $513/night. Are these rooms MK or bay lake view? I tried for non club and nothing is available with the discount for MK view. Bay lake would be $367. My other option is BWI CL standard view for $419. I hear so many wonderful things about BWI CL on here, that I put it in the running too. So what do you all think?

I think I would do CR. The Contemporary is fun. Yes it is busy, and not really 'themey', but you have the monorail running through the middle of your hotel, decent counter service, nice restaurants, a good gift shop, and you are steps away from MK. To me, it is the most 'Disney' of all the hotels.

That being said, we have stayed BWI CL and it was very nice. You can see some fireworks off in the distance from the lounge. I like the Boardwalk area, proximity to Epcot, and the lake/BW view at night. So depends on what you want.

Ok, I need some input. So I just priced out some rooms for our anniversary in August. My dream has always been to stay at the Contemporary and it's our last chance to use the military discount of 40%, so I figure we might as well go big. So here's my dilemma, there's no rooms on the Atrium level, just tower club. It would be a king for $513/night. Are these rooms MK or bay lake view? I tried for non club and nothing is available with the discount for MK view. Bay lake would be $367. My other option is BWI CL standard view for $419. I hear so many wonderful things about BWI CL on here, that I put it in the running too. So what do you all think?

We loved our stay at BWI CL this past November- and look forward to staying there again this upcoming November. Having not stayed at CR (looking to try Atrium CL in October when AP discounts are announced)- if its my dream resort- no better place than to celebrate my Anniversary at where you really want to go. BWI CL will always be there- and has a great atmosphere and a wonderful caring staff- I am sure that CR has that too- there are a lot of people on these boards that speak v highly of their time there. Either way- you are at Disney and celebrating a lot of things- so enjoy!

To date I have generally had two types of trips, quick 2- 4 nighters and longer 6-7 nighters. The short trips are usually dictated by school schedule or we're there to do something special like a party, etc. Longer trips have been around Spring Break, summer vacations, etc.

While I enjoy unpacking and staying in one place for those longer stays, I do find I sometimes get a little bored with the CL routine towards the end. Breakfast is always pretty much the same, evening apps start repeating, etc. I'm torn on this though.

For my trip last week, I was glad I split 4 at GF and 2 at CR. By day 4 at GF SL I was ready for something new.

Thank you for your reply! I hope you have a great trip!!! Poly was one of my options till I saw the lounge offerings. I didn't really like many of the hot offerings (I'm painfully picky). If we went, it would be for the view! It looks truly amazing! My DH has wanted to stay at GF!!! It's definitely a consideration. The ones I have crossed off is AKL (wouldn't eat any of the hot apps), WL (we've been several times), and Poly. I'm so torn.

You're welcome! And thanks...I'm looking forward to it :goodvibes.

GF RPC is amazing! I love it as it's my favorite (followed closely by WL CL). If it's within your budget, I think it's worth a try (especially for a birthday splurge, as well as your DH wanting to stay at the GF) :).

Hey Dis Friends- just booked our November trip (Nov 24-Dec 2) to BWI and staying CL again (honestly, I don't think there is another way to stay). pirate: Please add me to the list!

How exciting! Hope you have another great BWI CL stay :wizard:.

Your pictures are great!! Thanks for sharing!! We may be staying YC CL for the first time this November. Can you please share with us some of the evening offerings? We're there kid friendly options available in the evening? Thank you!!

Thanks! As far as evening offerings, there is usually a main course of some sort (one night it was salmon and rice, another chicken with polenta I think), two or three salad options which rotate out and are always fresh and delicious, a small one- or two-bite dish (I remember shaved beef with horseradish cream on toast and a scallop dish), some type of "plain food" meant to target children (pb&j, chicken tenders, etc), cheeses, different rolls and crackers, and a veggie plate with hummus and other dips. The cheeses and veggies are there every night. The food selection was excellent when we were there.

We loved YC. It's now our third favorite CL, behind CR and AKL. The new rooms are breathtaking, the CMs were top-notch, and we felt there was a real effort being made to upgrade the guest experience overall. I don't think you'd be disappointed a bit at YC.

This is very similar to our feelings/perception, we just got back 2 weeks ago! Just not the same experience as CR. Won't be rushing back anytime soon
YIKES!!!
we are booked in may-- have loved WL club in the past. Does anyone have any positive feedback from a recent AKL CL stay?

Hey Dis Friends- just booked our November trip (Nov 24-Dec 2) to BWI and staying CL again (honestly, I don't think there is another way to stay). pirate: Please add me to the list!
I am non cl at bwi 11/29-12/1 but hope a passholder deal comes up and I can change.

Sounds like a nice long relaxing trip!

YIKES!!!
we are booked in may-- have loved WL club in the past. Does anyone have any positive feedback from a recent AKL CL stay?

I do! I've stayed at every CL with the exception of BC and GF, and AKL is my second favorite on property. I was blown away by how unique the whole experience was. The food is truly spectacular! All our CM interactions (with the exception of one) were friendly and super helpful. You feel like you're a world away from everything, yet it still feels like a Disney experience at the same time. The CMs have a pride of ownership at that resort, and especially at CL, that's palpable. We fell in love.

There are a few things I'd change if I could, but that's the case with every CL on property in some way. I wanna go back to AKL so bad!

Thanks! As far as evening offerings, there is usually a main course of some sort (one night it was salmon and rice, another chicken with polenta I think), two or three salad options which rotate out and are always fresh and delicious, a small one- or two-bite dish (I remember shaved beef with horseradish cream on toast and a scallop dish), some type of "plain food" meant to target children (pb&j, chicken tenders, etc), cheeses, different rolls and crackers, and a veggie plate with hummus and other dips. The cheeses and veggies are there every night. The food selection was excellent when we were there.

We loved YC. It's now our third favorite CL, behind CR and AKL. The new rooms are breathtaking, the CMs were top-notch, and we felt there was a real effort being made to upgrade the guest experience overall. I don't think you'd be disappointed a bit at YC.

Thank you very much for your help! That's great to know about the kids offerings! I'm always worried they won't like anything!! So happy you had a great stay! Makes me feel better about our choice! Thanks again!

I do the online checkin so I get the room ready text.

Even if I want help from a cm I am a control freak and like to know what room I am in as soon as possible. :rotfl:

I keep hotel room # maps in my purse arrival day::yes::

For our blt I knew 8th floor early in the day. I was happy it wasn't a low floor and I was relieved the rest of the day traveling.

I agree with @trishadono. I used to waive off online check-in but have been doing it the last few trips because I like getting the room text, especially if I'm arriving later. I am somewhat anal about my room, so I just like to know! :-)

But I will still tell people I'm checking in CL when I arrive and go through those motions, just to get any paperwork, chat with the CMs, etc. I sort of like to play dumb just to get the CL check-in experience. If you still have a balance due, with online check-in that's all handled automatically so you don't have to deal with it (and be reminded of the amount!) upon arrival, which I like.

One detail about online check-in, I don't bother with any of the room request options. I leave those blank.

Ah, ok. I am the same way, and keep thinking that if I do online check in and don't like the room number I will be a mess until we get there and I can try to see if anything else is available. So that, plus wanting them to use my room requests from DSS rather than the online check in form, is what is keeping me from wanting to try it.

Ah, ok. I am the same way, and keep thinking that if I do online check in and don't like the room number I will be a mess until we get there and I can try to see if anything else is available. So that, plus wanting them to use my room requests from DSS rather than the online check in form, is what is keeping me from wanting to try it.
When you get the room ready text they give a phone # you can call if any problems. I read someone on the boards did call and had room changed before arrival.

Oh I do online check in without any requests but do send requests to DSS. I have gotten both my request ( assume dss) and then text I get room number. Best of both worlds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter