Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Despite the location of WL, how is/was WL club level experience comparing to other resorts?
I checked out its Deluxe room online and it looks amazing!
My family stayed at YC recently and enjoyed taking the ferry to DHS and Epcot.
I thought we might enjoy taking the ferry to MK from WL, wouldn't we?
So I like the chill vibe of WL but the CL was kinda odd. I hated how it closed in the afternoon before apps and I had to knock on their door for anything. Always felt I was interrupting them. And asking the conceirge desk felt just as awkward. I adored Xmas there though! I would consider returning, the offerings were solid. I like that it’s cheaper than other MK resorts. I didn’t mind that I couldn’t walk to MK, I found the bus to MK to be quite fast and lightly used.

I am 80% sure I want to switch our Thanksgiving WL reservation over to AKL CL, but finding it hard to pull the trigger! I think it's because I know if I change it, the chances of being able to switch back are nil. I tried searching for reviews in the thread, but because I think it's been so long since they were posted I am having trouble finding them. Can anyone post some pictures of AKL CL to help sway me to finally make the switch?

*of course I understand things may be different post-covid
Tough call! CL is nice but Xmas at WL is Next Level!

I had some great pics on here of the AKL lobby from the CL at Christmas but the links no longer work. I will say, its just as beautiful as WL. Perhaps not as cozy but still really lovely. Starting on page 1011 of this thread, I posted about a lot of the items they were serving. In terms of food, it does lean a bit more "exotic", think Sanaa and Boma. They also had normal things like cheese, veggies and dips. They had a chef every night that would make 2 dishes that would be a curry or African inspired dish. Then always 2 hot dishes on the buffet geared more towards kids. Things like meatballs, corn dogs, chicken nuggets. Breakfast was typical continental stuff along with hot oatmeal, then something like a hash or biscuits and gravy. Afternoon snacks were cookies, make your own trail mix and homemade chips. Theres also afternoon tea time with scones, etc. Then apps and desserts. This is our favorite CL desserts.

So I like the chill vibe of WL but the CL was kinda odd. I hated how it closed in the afternoon before apps and I had to knock on their door for anything. Always felt I was interrupting them. And asking the conceirge desk felt just as awkward. I adored Xmas there though! I would consider returning, the offerings were solid. I like that it’s cheaper than other MK resorts. I didn’t mind that I couldn’t walk to MK, I found the bus to MK to be quite fast and lightly used.

So access to espresso/soda/water is off limit during the hour in between each service? Or can I knock on the door to get it? The only other CL that I have stayed at are RPC and Portofino Bay at Universal. Both lounges are accessible throughout the day. So it IS weird that the lounge has “off” hours.

I had some great pics on here of the AKL lobby from the CL at Christmas but the links no longer work. I will say, its just as beautiful as WL. Perhaps not as cozy but still really lovely. Starting on page 1011 of this thread, I posted about a lot of the items they were serving. In terms of food, it does lean a bit more "exotic", think Sanaa and Boma. They also had normal things like cheese, veggies and dips. They had a chef every night that would make 2 dishes that would be a curry or African inspired dish. Then always 2 hot dishes on the buffet geared more towards kids. Things like meatballs, corn dogs, chicken nuggets. Breakfast was typical continental stuff along with hot oatmeal, then something like a hash or biscuits and gravy. Afternoon snacks were cookies, make your own trail mix and homemade chips. Theres also afternoon tea time with scones, etc. Then apps and desserts. This is our favorite CL desserts.
That all sounds wonderful!

So access to espresso/soda/water is off limit during the hour in between each service? Or can I knock on the door to get it? The only other CL that I have stayed at are RPC and Portofino Bay at Universal. Both lounges are accessible throughout the day. So it IS weird that the lounge has “off” hours.

You can get these things but you just have to ask for them. Ive never had an issue finding someone to ask. They're only closed to clean up and switch out dishes in between services. Noted, just the food area is blocked off, the rest of the lounge is still open. I feel WL CL is really hard to describe or even understand the layout in pictures. It's just one of those things you have to see to understand it because it is a bit of an odd layout.

As other stated it’s just an odd lounge and so hard to describe. The food area with the drinks will be closed off by a gate at select times so you need to ask CMs for such items. You can ask the concierge team or knock on the CL kitchen door across the hall from the gated food area. The seating area is still open.

Seems to me like Hawaii is open. The first floor and lounge are blocked off with tarps. At least they made opening day.

What are your thoughts on the rooms? I like them for the most part but that hallway carpet is just too much IMO. I can only imagine how I would feel walking down it after some trader sams drinks. Just wondering if it looks as crazy in person as it does in pics?

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the rooms? I like them for the most part but that hallway carpet is just too much IMO. I can only imagine how I would feel walking down it after some trader sams drinks. Just wondering it looks as crazy in person as it does in pics?

Personally, I think everything about it is fantastic. Forgive the hyperbole, but home run in my book. A perfect fit for the resort.

Personally, I think everything about it is fantastic. Forgive the hyperbole, but home run in my book. A perfect fit for the resort.

I had a lackluster stay there in Dec. 2019 so I'd love to check them out. Do you think that when they bring back the Characters at breakfast they'll bring in Moana rather than Stitch and Lelo? (I know this is speculation).

I know that CL isn't open in Poly yet for my August trip, but man it's hard not to move my stay from BWI to Poly after seeing those rooms, even if there isn't a discount. I'm a sucker for a freshly renovated room, and the monorail being open isn't helping. My bank account is giving me the side eye though.

I know that CL isn't open in Poly yet for my August trip, but man it's hard not to move my stay from BWI to Poly after seeing those rooms, even if there isn't a discount. I'm a sucker for a freshly renovated room, and the monorail being open isn't helping. My bank account is giving me the side eye though.
Hahaha. I feel the same except I did book a room. I ended up canceling it because my kids really want YC. I tried convincing them but no luck. My 17yo said he doesn't want to ruin the Poly to him by not being able to stay in Hawaii. I think he's a bit spoiled lol. I'm going to hate going to Ohanas for dinner. I'm not going to want to leave.

Hahaha. I feel the same except I did book a room. I ended up canceling it because my kids really want YC. I tried convincing them but no luck. My 17yo said he doesn't want to ruin the Poly to him by not being able to stay in Hawaii. I think he's a bit spoiled lol. I'm going to hate going to Ohanas for dinner. I'm not going to want to leave.
I'm going alone so I don't even have anyone to be like "no, I don't want to stay there!" lol. I'm staying at BWV in January with my dad so no loss on staying at Boardwalk there, stayed at both YC & BCV several times since reopening so I've been in that area a bunch, but I have still not had a chance to stay at Poly, it's the my last Deluxe to stay at. I'm only having an issue with the no discount thing, I love a discount, and having a hard time justifying not having one. Of course it will make it cost that same as the trip I had scheduled at BWI over the 50th (since there was no discount for that as well), but my mind won't let me get past it, I just love a deal lol. The only hope I have for CL on my trip is AKL, and I just don't want to be that far away from stuff on this trip with Boo Bash tickets and F&W. It's hard on a solo trip to make decisions, I can't fall back on someone else to say yes or no for me lol

Just curious- are they also refurbishing the CL lounge at the Poly? I mean... I am assuming they are. LOL

I’ll not be the voice of reason here - I say do it if you can. With all due respect to BWI, I’ll take Poly’s new rooms over BWI any day.

My kids are young adults and they always prefer the Epcot resorts so they can walk to WS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter