Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

My dates are 11/28-30 and still NOT A SINGLE cl room available in RPC/outerbuilding. I check constantly. Only thing I can think of is a poster from GF usually books a conference around those dates so maybe there just isnt availabily.

So happy you got TPV! Yep get while its somewhat affordable lol.
I can’t find anything during the week before, I’d switch mom and myself over. But I’ll keep checking and will text you if anything pops up.

What is the current club situation at the Grand Floridian? We haven’t stayed in many years so wasn’t sure if they had consolidated all club to the main building!

What is the current club situation at the Grand Floridian? We haven’t stayed in many years so wasn’t sure if they had consolidated all club to the main building!

Yes, Sugarloaf never returned after Covid, so the only CL rooms are the main building (along with some outer building suites that have access to the main building lounge). The rooms and lounge just opened from a big refurb, so it’s all brand new.

Note, further main lobby renovations are rumored for early next year but there is nothing published/confirmed by Disney.

Thank you for your prompt response! We really would prefer to be in main building; is there a way to determine which suites are in other buildings?

BTW, let’s take some bets on how long it takes Disney to actually update the GF room photos on the website. It’s bad enough the suites are two renovations ago, but you would think they’d want to quickly update the regular room photos to be the latest and greatest for one of their most expensive resorts.

BTW, let’s take some bets on how long it takes Disney to actually update the GF room photos on the website. It’s bad enough the suites are two renovations ago, but you would think they’d want to quickly update the regular room photos to be the latest and greatest for one of their most expensive resorts.
5 years

I just watched a BWI video for club level. Did they move the desk to the open area where the couch use to be? No more desk where you entered in the club level room area?

Yes, Sugarloaf never returned after Covid, so the only CL rooms are the main building (along with some outer building suites that have access to the main building lounge). The rooms and lounge just opened from a big refurb, so it’s all brand new.

Note, further main lobby renovations are rumored for early next year but there is nothing published/confirmed by Disney.
We have booked RPC for July 2024 (from the UK so planning far in advance). It might me a standard message for all 2024 bookings but we received an email at the end of September that stated the following:

"Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some minor aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through Summer 2024. This will include some minor work to the exterior of the Main Building and the lobby will also be undergoing some enhancements, but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa."

We have booked RPC for July 2024 (from the UK so planning far in advance). It might me a standard message for all 2024 bookings but we received an email at the end of September that stated the following:

"Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some minor aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through Summer 2024. This will include some minor work to the exterior of the Main Building and the lobby will also be undergoing some enhancements, but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa."

Thanks for sharing. I don’t think I’ve seen that level of detail on the notices over here. Very helpful.

We got back last night from a stay at The Grand Floridian. We had a King Deluxe Club Level room. It was our first time staying CL at the GF, so I didn't have anything to compare it to. We had a wonderful theme park view room, but it was on the 2nd floor, so to get to it, you had to go up to the 3rd or 4th floor on the main elevator, get off, walk down the hall to a different elevator to then to back down to the 2nd floor. That got really old after a while.

We ate breakfast everyday in the lounge and it was all really good. As others have mentioned, the mid-day food was almost non-existent. Uncrustables, bagged chips, veggies/dip/hummus, a sweet (Krispies, cookies of brownies) and that was it. The evening food was much more substantial and very good. There was always plenty of staff milling around to get things that we needed.

The only negative experience I had was with a CM at the 3rd floor concierge desk. We had seen a thing on the TV about a bounce back offer, so I texted my travel agent about it and she said she would need the code to book it. I went to the desk to ask about that and the CM was really rude to me and told me that they ONLY way to book a bounce back was to call from the phone in our room and that TAs were not permitted to book them for their customers. I tried to tell him that the thing on the TV said that it has to be booked within 7 days of checkout, so there must be a way to book it other than the room phone. He then told me that was incorrect and bounce back must be booked while you are on property. Once I was back in the room, I later found a flier in a folder on the dresser with more information. Everything the CM had told me was incorrect. I took a picture of the flier, sent it to my TA and she was able to book a bounce back for me with no problem.

We ate breakfast everyday in the lounge and it was all really good. As others have mentioned, the mid-day food was almost non-existent. Uncrustables, bagged chips, veggies/dip/hummus, a sweet (Krispies, cookies of brownies) and that was it. The evening food was much more substantial and very good. There was always plenty of staff milling around to get things that we needed.
It's really too bad about the midday offerings. It's nice when there are two snack time options, that way if you are going to miss evening apps you can still have something at lunchtime. I remember once there was a torrential midday rainstorm but we were sitting in the lounge having soup and wine and staying dry while watching it. Makes it worth the price.

I suppose staffing is still an issue and the grab and go snacks make it easier for them. Still, at those prices...

We got back last night from a stay at The Grand Floridian. We had a King Deluxe Club Level room. It was our first time staying CL at the GF, so I didn't have anything to compare it to. We had a wonderful theme park view room, but it was on the 2nd floor, so to get to it, you had to go up to the 3rd or 4th floor on the main elevator, get off, walk down the hall to a different elevator to then to back down to the 2nd floor. That got really old after a while.

The only negative experience I had was with a CM at the 3rd floor concierge desk. We had seen a thing on the TV about a bounce back offer, so I texted my travel agent about it and she said she would need the code to book it. I went to the desk to ask about that and the CM was really rude to me and told me that they ONLY way to book a bounce back was to call from the phone in our room and that TAs were not permitted to book them for their customers. I tried to tell him that the thing on the TV said that it has to be booked within 7 days of checkout, so there must be a way to book it other than the room phone. He then told me that was incorrect and bounce back must be booked while you are on property. Once I was back in the room, I later found a flier in a folder on the dresser with more information. Everything the CM had told me was incorrect. I took a picture of the flier, sent it to my TA and she was able to book a bounce back for me with no problem.
Scary as it is I have had similar experiences at the grand.

Yes the 2nd floor can be a pain but the stairs that lead to gaspies VS using the elevator is nice. We often use those stairs to get to bus stop as well.

Did you like the rooms and lounge? I have been in the room rooms several times and we love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter