Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I owe this group a report since I touched base with everyone here prior to departure. First, when we arrived the CL occupancy was at 45% and was at 100% by the 25th, with most arriving the evening of the 24th or sometime on the 25th.

Other than snacks, where there were more veggies, nothing had changed in a positive way food wise at YC CL. If anything, it went down in quantity and quality even more (last stay was June). Breakfast was dramatically worse than the past. They seemed to reduce the options, food was lukewarm and prepared inconsistently. One morning rotation DS and I were left with nothing but oatmeal to eat. The second morning was a seasonal egg dish which we liked a lot, but was inconsistently prepared. The third morning was ham and cheese mini frittatas, which were always overcooked and we don't like ham in our eggs. There were biscuits and gravy and cold pancakes as well. We didn't eat those so I am not aware which days they were on.

The appetizers were a major let down. We did not have a three night rotation but rather every other night mash potatoes and roast the first part of the trip and then the three night rotation seemingly kicked in - Salmon and brick chicken. The food was usually dry and overcooked. In June, they had already started serving mini bowls for some dishes, but now it is all mini dishes.

I do wonder if it was all a timing thing. The last two nights the food was cooked perfectly and was delicious. Maybe the chefs had been off on vacation over the holiday? Maybe with the low lounge occupancy rates, they rotated leftover more often at the beginning of the trip?

In October, they added a seasonal drink that changes monthly. Every single cast member made it in various manners and while it should have been tasty, it was not. Too much cider, too much cranberry juice, just cranberry juice; they had no clue how to make it properly.

Nothing special or different for Christmas eve or Christmas. No chip variety, only 2 ice cream options, no rice Krispy treats ever, and smaller, more limited Nespresso machine. I meant it when I said the pictures from the other lounges look dramatically better. Sort of like the YC is the bare bones of the options.

I owe this group a report since I touched base with everyone here prior to departure. First, when we arrived the CL occupancy was at 45% and was at 100% by the 25th, with most arriving the evening of the 24th or sometime on the 25th.

Other than snacks, where there were more veggies, nothing had changed in a positive way food wise at YC CL. If anything, it went down in quantity and quality even more (last stay was June). Breakfast was dramatically worse than the past. They seemed to reduce the options, food was lukewarm and prepared inconsistently. One morning rotation DS and I were left with nothing but oatmeal to eat. The second morning was a seasonal egg dish which we liked a lot, but was inconsistently prepared. The third morning was ham and cheese mini frittatas, which were always overcooked and we don't like ham in our eggs. There were biscuits and gravy and cold pancakes as well. We didn't eat those so I am not aware which days they were on.

The appetizers were a major let down. We did not have a three night rotation but rather every other night mash potatoes and roast the first part of the trip and then the three night rotation seemingly kicked in - Salmon and brick chicken. The food was usually dry and overcooked. In June, they had already started serving mini bowls for some dishes, but now it is all mini dishes.

I do wonder if it was all a timing thing. The last two nights the food was cooked perfectly and was delicious. Maybe the chefs had been off on vacation over the holiday? Maybe with the low lounge occupancy rates, they rotated leftover more often at the beginning of the trip?

In October, they added a seasonal drink that changes monthly. Every single cast member made it in various manners and while it should have been tasty, it was not. Too much cider, too much cranberry juice, just cranberry juice; they had no clue how to make it properly.

Nothing special or different for Christmas eve or Christmas. No chip variety, only 2 ice cream options, no rice Krispy treats ever, and smaller, more limited Nespresso machine. I meant it when I said the pictures from the other lounges look dramatically better. Sort of like the YC is the bare bones of the options.
I appreciate the honesty. I have reported on my last two YC CL trips, December 2022 and November 2023 that the food quality has been approaching awful, same food for years, more lukewarm than acceptable temperatures. I swear I got sick at the YC because the food was not hot. Tried of paying extremely high prices and not getting any value back. If I go back I think it will be a regular YC WV room and not CL. 1K and more per night is not worth it. Sorry you had the same experience

I appreciate the honesty. I have reported on my last two YC CL trips, December 2022 and November 2023 that the food quality has been approaching awful, same food for years, more lukewarm than acceptable temperatures. I swear I got sick at the YC because the food was not hot. Tried of paying extremely high prices and not getting any value back. If I go back I think it will be a regular YC WV room and not CL. 1K and more per night is not worth it. Sorry you had the same experience
Of course! I agree. YC CL (and BC CL since same) no longer worth it. We LOVE the YC though and of course SAB, which makes this even more disappointing. CL staff in the morning were the amazing, veteran crew, but saying hello to them is not worth the extra money, especially at that rate!

Since they already listed the rooms under the AP discount at 10%, I do not think those discounts will change. Maybe they'll offer up another discount (not AP) which will include CL, but otherwise, I am NOT paying that for June. For the ~$350 difference, we can eat rather well and get our pick of options.

Of course! I agree. YC CL (and BC CL since same) no longer worth it. We LOVE the YC though and of course SAB, which makes this even more disappointing. CL staff in the morning were the amazing, veteran crew, but saying hello to them is not worth the extra money, especially at that rate!

Since they already listed the rooms under the AP discount at 10%, I do not think those discounts will change. ..
I think there is a little bit of hope for the AP rates changing. The offer page for AP rates does not single out club level for 10% unlike the general public offer. Most likely an oversight but it could have been done on purpose to give them wiggle room later.

Maybe this is a testing of the waters in preparation for making some of the club level rooms available for DVC stays? They did send out that DVC survey recently asking about club level…

I think there is a little bit of hope for the AP rates changing. The offer page for AP rates does not single out club level for 10% unlike the general public offer. Most likely an oversight but it could have been done on purpose to give them wiggle room later.

Maybe this is a testing of the waters in preparation for making some of the club level rooms available for DVC stays? They did send out that DVC survey recently asking about club level…

Interesting thought. I wonder how many people will really spend their points if the rates stay equivalent & the product doesn’t improve.

DEFINTELY testing the waters! I did not know about the DVC option/test. Is the thought to fill empty CL rooms or upsell DVC?

My other thought on this is that apparently CL has been DEAD all year outside of pockets of higher occupancy, per multiple CMs. Either Disney trying to recoup/even out their losses by keeping prices high, or charging guests that are willing to pay and that's that. Get what they can. Another option, is keeping rooms aside for upgrades or convention guests. I can't imagine them wanting to phase on CL but who knows.

@dnw25 & @Ricguz, thank you both for your YC CL observations. It really has been our favorite resort & CL for about 20 years. As I said upthread, we’re retired now & I’m trying to be more cost conscious. So deciding to stay CL has become a serious financial decision for me. We haven’t been CL there since January 2023. It really makes me reconsider staying there in September when I read these very disappointing reviews. We still like the YC, but we’ve really enjoyed our regular resort stays at WL, Riviera, POFQ, & CR & CR Tower Club. Our regular YC room stay in December was great, except for the dog across the hall barking excessively one afternoon. I really wish we had better experiences at BWI since that gets such rave reviews. So disappointed in what’s happened to YC. 🙁

DEFINTELY testing the waters! I did not know about the DVC option/test. Is the thought to fill empty CL rooms or upsell DVC?

My other thought on this is that apparently CL has been DEAD all year outside of pockets of higher occupancy, per multiple CMs. Either Disney trying to recoup/even out their losses by keeping prices high, or charging guests that are willing to pay and that's that. Get what they can. Another option, is keeping rooms aside for upgrades or convention guests. I can't imagine them wanting to phase on CL but who knows.
The DVC thing was just a survey for now, but to get this aggressive with cash pricing after that survey came out and caught attention made me wonder if there was a link with an eye toward the future of Disney’s CLs.

Concur though it could be as simple as squeezing the remaining dimes from those still in the market for CL. Fewer guests = lower costs. This is the most likely scenario I think.

Gutsy move no matter what the reason if they did indeed have occupancy issues at last year’s prices…

Yea! Happy for you! We’re at YC September 3-8, will we overlap?
Haha, thanks! No overlapping, we're going the last week of the month.

In a moment of weakness I decided to change the first few nights of the trip at the Contemporary to club level as well so the trip feels more even I guess? Some solid Disney logic there. :rotfl2: Sadly that part of the stay is too short for this discount, but hoping more discounts are released later.

Sadly that part of the stay is too short for this discount, but hoping more discounts are released later.
The room discount is only 10% but CLs don’t have a minimum night requirement. Even regular rooms get a discount from 1-4 nights, it’s just 5% less. Unless you were talking about the Disney+ dining offer.

The room discount is only 10% but CLs don’t have a minimum night requirement. Even regular rooms get a discount from 1-4 nights, it’s just 5% less. Unless you were talking about the Disney+ dining offer.
Ohhh, I didn't realize that, it wasn't showing any availability for any room in the Contemporary for those nights with the discount applied so I figured since it was less than 5 nights nothing was showing up as available. Oddly, I just looked again and now two room types are available with the discount, but sadly no club level. Going to hold out hope for some bigger discounts in the future!

Haha, thanks! No overlapping, we're going the last week of the month.

In a moment of weakness I decided to change the first few nights of the trip at the Contemporary to club level as well so the trip feels more even I guess? Some solid Disney logic there. :rotfl2: Sadly that part of the stay is too short for this discount, but hoping more discounts are released later.
Disney Math. It gets all of us eventually.

(I blame the education system for failing to warn us as children there is Math, New Math and Disney Math.)

Ohhh, I didn't realize that, it wasn't showing any availability for any room in the Contemporary for those nights with the discount applied so I figured since it was less than 5 nights nothing was showing up as available. Oddly, I just looked again and now two room types are available with the discount, but sadly no club level. Going to hold out hope for some bigger discounts in the future!
I’d keep checking over the next couple days, TA holds from today will be released this weekend if clients don’t put down their deposits. Doesn’t usually change too much but sometimes what you want will pop.

I’d keep checking over the next couple days, TA holds from today will be released this weekend if clients don’t put down their deposits. Doesn’t usually change too much but sometimes what you want will pop.
I've never heard this before but this is great to know! I will keep checking, thanks!

And this is why we won't pay $1,000+++ per night for Disney CL. We opted to stay at Universal CL this past Christmas break and loved it. More than 50% off Disney pricing, better food offerings, climate, etc....

Don't want to get off topic here as this is a Disney CL thread, but wanted to share this with the group as I've been lurking on this thread and noted the consistent drop in quality and quantity of the CL offerings coupled with increase in prices and decrease in discounts.

To each his own though, so as long as people are willing to pay, Disney will do what it does.

And this is why we won't pay $1,000+++ per night for Disney CL. We opted to stay at Universal CL this past Christmas break and loved it. More than 50% off Disney pricing, better food offerings, climate, etc....

Don't want to get off topic here as this is a Disney CL thread, but wanted to share this with the group as I've been lurking on this thread and noted the consistent drop in quality and quantity of the CL offerings coupled with increase in prices and decrease in discounts.

To each his own though, so as long as people are willing to pay, Disney will do what it does.
Our June trip we did Universal CL and YC CL. DRAMATIC difference in food offerings and quality. Agree completely. Even with the shared and more limited access, was much more worth it and better value overall. IMO, Disney is definitely playing with CL. They have a plan. There is a lot of thought put into the offerings (and lack of change), price points and discounts. We all just have to wait it out.

By chance did you let Disney know your thoughts? I'm thinking of emailing someone. And I assume semi regulars share opinions.

Also, the brand new YC GM was touring the lounge one afternoon. Was told he started that week/day.

Good to know, I hadn’t even looked for those dates. I know CL with the bounceback offer hasn’t been easy to get. I called just a few days after bouncebacks came back in early July. Nothing for CL at Y & B for the first 2 weeks in September.

And no, I don’t remember ever having CL listed as a whole separate rate category before. The bounceback rates for CL (when you could get them) was 35%. This may be a last hurrah for me.
I did have luck booking CL with a bounce back recently. In mid-Oct, a few days after I returned from my non-CL stay at GF, I called the bounceback number and got exactly 30% off of a CL Chronos stay at GDT coming up this July. So it is possible, and also I wasn't at all flexible with dates or resort, they had exactly what I wanted, but I know I was lucky.

Our June trip we did Universal CL and YC CL. DRAMATIC difference in food offerings and quality. Agree completely. Even with the shared and more limited access, was much more worth it and better value overall. IMO, Disney is definitely playing with CL. They have a plan. There is a lot of thought put into the offerings (and lack of change), price points and discounts. We all just have to wait it out.

By chance did you let Disney know your thoughts? I'm thinking of emailing someone. And I assume semi regulars share opinions.

Also, the brand new YC GM was touring the lounge one afternoon. Was told he started that week/day.
Do you mind sharing what Universal CL you tried? I am booking a stay there in July and might give the club level a try instead of a standard room. Thanks!

My other thought on this is that apparently CL has been DEAD all year outside of pockets of higher occupancy, per multiple CMs. Either Disney trying to recoup/even out their losses by keeping prices high, or charging guests that are willing to pay and that's that. Get what they can.
I think Disney tries to emphasize 'service' while still cutting costs. But while a friendly CM is very nice, they should be able to actually DO things and let the CL, $$ spending customer realize some value.

Why can't the CM's have early access for booking ADRs? or be able to access a reserve of hard to obtain bookings? Why can't they shuttle CL guests in a MinnieVan for arrival and departure? I mean, what are you getting for these prices? My primary focus is usually location and I can get that in a std, non-CL room for way less.

Mickey bars and waffles should be a no-brainer at this cost level of booking. But maybe it's like @dnw25 said, 'they have a plan...and we all just have to wait it out'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter