Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

The lake looks awesome. When i use to go in the 70’s we swam in the lake.
Yikes 😳. You couldn’t pay me enough money to swim in fresh water in Florida that isn’t a pool. I don’t want to run into an alligator 🐊. Back in the 70s they were on the endangered list. Probably not as much of a concern.

Cinderella cupcake for an afternoon snack :lovestruc View attachment 524064
I can’t remember if you saw my culcake posts from August? We enjoyed that cupcake but the one from poly was just as good! To be able to mobile order cupcakes is life changing lol! Don’t forget you can grab some from other resorts!

Thx for all the pix! I was supposed to be there this weekend but DD’s plans changed (supposed to be at a friends bachelorette party) so she and pup came up here to visit so DH and I canceled.

Weird I just used the app to see if a good cupcake at GF’s Gaspies and they offer the black Halloween straw in the app yet CR doesn’t.

I keep forgetting the sell odd stuff at QS.

Have a great day and we all looking forward to more pix!

Yikes 😳. You couldn’t pay me enough money to swim in fresh water in Florida that isn’t a pool. I don’t want to run into an alligator 🐊. Back in the 70s they were on the endangered list. Probably not as much of a concern.
Another problem is the brain eating amoeba, Naegleria fowler, that shows up in warm, fresh water. You get it up your nose and then it goes to work on your head. They just had a case in Tampa in July. It's usually fatal.

Random thought/question...I know that club level isn’t available right now but are they using those rooms in the inventory?

We just booked for next August in the Garden Wing! I'm so excited because it will be our first stay at the Contemporary!
We stayed in the Garden Wing when it was called the South Wing (the North Wing was in the process of being torn down and replaced with Bay Lake Tower). We really enjoyed our stay in the South Wing building because we didn't need to wait for elevators all the time. It was an easy walk to the main building and to the bus stop. Plus we could park right near the South Wing. We were close to pool, too. Very handy spot. And the rooms were very large.

How has the bus situation been in the morning, particulalry to HS? I read on another thread that people can get unruly because there's no actual 'line' of who gets on the bus first/who has been waiting the longest. Is it better to use Lyft?

How has the bus situation been in the morning, particulalry to HS? I read on another thread that people can get unruly because there's no actual 'line' of who gets on the bus first/who has been waiting the longest. Is it better to use Lyft?
The resort bus waiting areas are just a big seating area. When the bus comes, a lot of people rush to the doors to get on. That can be very annoying when you have been waiting a while and people just walking up get on before you, especially if you don’t get on that bus.

The resort bus waiting areas are just a big seating area. When the bus comes, a lot of people rush to the doors to get on. That can be very annoying when you have been waiting a while and people just walking up get on before you, especially if you don’t get on that bus.
This. I had to stand up for myself one day because there wasn't a line and the driver kept wanting to sit large parties first. I was traveling solo and had been waiting for a bus to HS for more than 20 minutes, and I was the first person to arrive at the bus stop. Other guests knew that I had been waiting the longest and were understanding once I let the driver know, but obviously they weren't complaining when they were being boarded first. I most definitely would not have boarded the bus hadn't I spoken up. This was at the Polynesian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter