Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Booked next month for the first time in CR Tower, Lake view. Is there a floor or specific room I should try to request? It's a resort only stay so all our time will be exploring the resort and amenities with a little resort hopping along the monorail line. Thanks for any input.

Booked next month for the first time in CR Tower, Lake view. Is there a floor or specific room I should try to request?
OK let's start with the basics of the the atrium tower. Bay lake rooms start on Floor 5 and end on Floor 11 for standard tower rooms. Floor 12 & 14(really 13) are the Club level floors.

There are 24 rooms per floor on the Bay lake side of the tower. Rooms are numbered 1 through 24 starting on the south side above Chief Mickey's. The first 2 digits of the room number determine the floor number. So the first 5th floor room is 4101.

Rooms xx10-xx16 are closest to the elevators (xx13 is the middle of the tower), and 4124 is at the north end of the hallway.

Now with some background information, I will offer my suggestions. Floors 8-10 are a good balance of height but not being too close to the enclosed tower roof just above the 11th floor for a good balance of noise levels within the tower atrium.

Dave

Booked next month for the first time in CR Tower, Lake view. Is there a floor or specific room I should try to request? It's a resort only stay so all our time will be exploring the resort and amenities with a little resort hopping along the monorail line. Thanks for any input.
You would have to go to MK and catch a boat to WL for lunch at Geyser Point is something we like to do. We actually did dinner there but we had a car so we didn’t have to worry about the two transportation back to CR stopping.

Last edited:
OK let's start with the basics of the the atrium tower. Bay lake rooms start on Floor 5 and end on Floor 11 for standard tower rooms. Floor 12 & 14(really 13) are the Club level floors.

There are 24 rooms per floor on the Bay lake side of the tower. Rooms are numbered 1 through 24 starting on the south side above Chief Mickey's. The first 2 digits of the room number determine the floor number. So the first 5th floor room is 4101.

Rooms xx10-xx16 are closest to the elevators (xx13 is the middle of the tower), and 4124 is at the north end of the hallway.

Now with some background information, I will offer my suggestions. Floors 8-10 are a good balance of height but not being too close to the enclosed tower roof just above the 11th floor for a good balance of noise levels within the tower atrium.

Dave
This is great! I think we'll go with the 10th floor towards the north end. Thank you so much for the info. :thanks:

You would have to go to MK and catch a boat to WL but lunch at Geyser Point is something we like to do. We actually did dinner there but we had a car so we didn’t have to worry about the two transportation back to CR stopping.
Geyser Point is planned for our December trip to FtW. Thanks for the heads up.

Just moved our AKL reservation to Bay Lake for November. This will be our first time and we are super excited.

I’m guessing Cali Grill isn’t doing Sunday brunch anymore? Any other great food recommendations/room service options?

Well as of this post room service aka Private Dining is not available anywhere but at the YC.

Dave

Good morning from the contemporary. We're here they Tuesday, let me know if anyone has any questions.

Please tell me all about the pools. My DD and I are planning a mostly pool trip and should arrive 10/5 if God is willing and we don't catch the 'rona. I've never stayed here and I'd like to know what is open around the pools (splash area, playground, bars). And if everyone else is uninterested you can PM me. Thank you so much! I hope you have a beautiful trip!

Yes, sorry, two people and three nights, and we've never stayed at the Contemporary or BLT. Will be switching to Riviera for the second half of the trip.
The BLT studio will be larger than the RIV tower studio. RIV tower studio only has one queen murphy bed. BLT has one real queen bed and a double sleeper sofa. I wouldn't care for either personally because we prefer the king bed in the one bedroom villas.

Please tell me all about the pools. My DD and I are planning a mostly pool trip and should arrive 10/5 if God is willing and we don't catch the 'rona. I've never stayed here and I'd like to know what is open around the pools (splash area, playground, bars). And if everyone else is uninterested you can PM me. Thank you so much! I hope you have a beautiful trip!
You can use either of the two CR pools, one themed and the other pretty much a plain square pool that can get up to 5 or 6 ft deep in the center. If you stay at BLT, you can also swim at the BLT pool. If you are only staying in the CR hotel rooms, you cannot use the BLT pool since it is limited to BLT guests (it's a small pool).

Do you see a movie schedule by any chance? Thx!
Just returned from magic kingdom, will look for a schedule in the lobby. No paperwork in the rooms and we did contactless check in, so haven't been to the front desk yet. Stay tuned!

Just came down to the pool for a theme park break. It is really hit and the pool is pretty busy, but we easily found three chaises in the shade. The main pool is themed, with a fairly high, twisty slide. The second pool is steps away, just a big round, and deep. Will post pictures.
There is a small fountain, splash play area, but nothing themed like at some other resorts. I'll grab a photo.

Correction on the above, the "secondary" pool isn't actually all that deep. 3-5 ft. Looked deeper from far away

Correction on the above, the "secondary" pool isn't actually all that deep. 3-5 ft. Looked deeper from far away
5 ft is deep for WDW pools 😂. It was nice to have the deeper section at BLT. At the Poly, I don’t think anything was deeper than 4 feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter