Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

So we rented pointed for a 2 bedroom villa at BLT with Magic Kingdom view. Is there a specific room or group of rooms I should ask for? TIA!

We are staying here soon in the regular hotel for the first time. I was wondering about the toiletries. Are they replenished regularly? Trying to decide how much/if any shampoo, etc to pack.

We are staying here soon in the regular hotel for the first time. I was wondering about the toiletries. Are they replenished regularly? Trying to decide how much/if any shampoo, etc to pack.

If you are not using DVC points, your toiletries should be replenished daily.

So we rented pointed for a 2 bedroom villa at BLT with Magic Kingdom view. Is there a specific room or group of rooms I should ask for? TIA!
I would definitely request high floor. Since you already have MK view you should already be located on the outside of the C.

touring plans website has maps and room views where people have posted balcony photos so you can get an idea of which view you might get from which room. It was really helpful for me when making my room request. I was in a 2 bedroom LV.

I have a question about the TPV tower rooms that I hope someone can answer. We stayed in one of these rooms back in 2008 when our kids were little, and it was my favorite Disney resort experience to date. I loved the view so much, and now my husband and I have our 20th anniversary and first trip without the kids planned in September. I have this memory of watching the electrical water pageant in the lagoon sometime before or after the fireworks. Another DIS member had a TPV room and could not see the water pageant. I am wondering if I am having a false memory of this? Can someone confirm whether or not you can really see the water pageant from any of the theme park view rooms? Thanks for your help!
I know this is a little old, but I’m catching up on some threads and I wasn’t sure if you had gotten a complete answer or not. In the CR tower you either have a TPV from which you see the MK, the front of the resort, the MK bus drop off area, and of course the MK fireworks. The other side of the tower is standard view, and you face bay lake and the pools, and can see the Electrical Water Parade. It’s an A frame, so these are opposite and no rooms can see both the MK and the water parade, it’s one or the other. However, for the TPV rooms you can possibly catch the water parade from afar as it passes the MK or Poly, maybe you saw that? I would think you wouldn’t hear the music though, because even though it’s really loud that’s fairly far away. I’ve never tested it though, we stayed on the bay lake side for both of our CR stays.

I know this is a little old, but I’m catching up on some threads and I wasn’t sure if you had gotten a complete answer or not. In the CR tower you either have a TPV from which you see the MK, the front of the resort, the MK bus drop off area, and of course the MK fireworks. The other side of the tower is standard view, and you face bay lake and the pools, and can see the Electrical Water Parade. It’s an A frame, so these are opposite and no rooms can see both the MK and the water parade, it’s one or the other. However, for the TPV rooms you can possibly catch the water parade from afar as it passes the MK or Poly, maybe you saw that? I would think you wouldn’t hear the music though, because even though it’s really loud that’s fairly far away. I’ve never tested it though, we stayed on the bay lake side for both of our CR stays.

Yes, you’re right, I think I saw the parade from afar and possibly on a night where it made a stop in front of the MK. It seems some rooms have a better vantage depending on location, but like you pointed out, it certainly would not be a full on view of the parade with music. For that experience, it sounds like the Bay Lake side is the way to go. Other rooms that have great views of the EWP are the Poly from the Tuvalu building (MK/lagoon view) and the GF from the Boca Chica and Big Pine Buildings (lagoon view). I’m sure there are others. Thanks for the response and helping me clear things up. :-) I’ll have to test it on our upcoming September trip from our TPV room and will report back. I’m a big EWP fan.

Yes, you can definitely see and hear the water parade from the tpv rooms.
Here are pics from our room on the 14th floor.
3BAD5883-054A-4620-A20D-35F9B34A10E5.jpeg068D15CE-BD4B-4B86-9602-D29952F1DA17.jpeg6ED2D130-5B99-48DB-8D16-1830A6F7EA21.jpeg

Thanks so much for posting these!!! Do you remember whether you were closer to the MK side or Chef Mickey’s side of the tower?
We were the closest room to the Magic Kingdom on the 14th floor. I have a video that I just found and i can hear the music clearly. I just can’t attach the video because it’s a bit over 2 minutes long. I was trying to see if I could cut it somehow so I could post it... I was taking a video of the fireworks and heard the parade coming so then I recorded the parade. Such fun! Wish I was there now!:)

Yes, you can definitely see and hear the water parade from the tpv rooms.
Here are pics from our room on the 14th floor.
View attachment 467458View attachment 467459View attachment 467460
Interesting. Where is that actually playing for? The Contemporary viewing of the EWP is definitely on the bay lake side of the tower, and can't be seen at all from the TPV rooms. I think from the bay lake side we could also see it sideways or backwards for the WL and FW, for example, and from the Poly we could also see it for other resorts on seven seas lagoon IIRC. We must have never been in the Atrium Club lounge looking out when you could see it from that side of the tower, because I always assumed at best if would be far away, backwards or sideways, and no sound.

Interesting. Where is that actually playing for? The Contemporary viewing of the EWP is definitely on the bay lake side of the tower, and can't be seen at all from the TPV rooms. I think from the bay lake side we could also see it sideways or backwards for the WL and FW, for example, and from the Poly we could also see it for other resorts on seven seas lagoon IIRC. We must have never been in the Atrium Club lounge looking out when you could see it from that side of the tower, because I always assumed at best if would be far away, backwards or sideways, and no sound.
I always see and hear the water parade from our tpv rooms. In the pics I posted above, that’s the grand Floridian in the background. I tried to post the video so you could hear it but, even cut down to 17 seconds, it still was too large to
post. You get a better view from the bay lake side since the water is closer... but it’s definitely seen and heard from the tpv side.

Last edited:
I always see and hear the water parade from our tpv rooms. In the pics I posted above, that’s the grand Floridian in the background. I tried to post the video so you could hear it but, even cut down to 17 seconds, it still was too large to
post. You get a better view from the bay lake side since the water is closer... but it’s definitely seen and heard from the tpv side.
Maybe it’s the MK showing? I can’t think of where else it would be for, unless they actually do 2 for the CR, one on each side, and just don’t advertise that. That is good to know, though, because I was actually always reluctant to book a TPV room because I would kind of miss being able to see the EWP (I would also miss the beautiful bay lake view and this won’t solve that though), so now I know I would still get to see it at least somewhat. I know this isn’t the current topic, but for me the beauty of staying club level at the CR is that you get the best of both worlds - Bay lake and the EWP from your room, theme park and fireworks from the lounge!

Maybe it’s the MK showing? I can’t think of where else it would be for, unless they actually do 2 for the CR, one on each side, and just don’t advertise that. That is good to know, though, because I was actually always reluctant to book a TPV room because I would kind of miss being able to see the EWP (I would also miss the beautiful bay lake view and this won’t solve that though), so now I know I would still get to see it at least somewhat. I know this isn’t the current topic, but for me the beauty of staying club level at the CR is that you get the best of both worlds - Bay lake and the EWP from your room, theme park and fireworks from the lounge!

It’s the MK showing. It parks in a line in front of the MK, but is still out a ways from the front that rooms on the MK end can see it reasonably well. Rooms on the other end are not going to have the same angle/view.

Yes, toiletries are replenished regularly. I even left a note for housekeeping asking for extras and they were provided :).

Can anyone who has been recently tell me if they are still selling bottled water in the gift shop? We normally stay for a week and I get bottled water with my grocery delivery, but this is just a short stay so I hadn't planned on groceries. I just realized today (we go tomorrow) that means no bottled water unless I pay a fortune for a case through Amazon Prime with the $4.99 Amazon delivery fee, $5.00 tip and $6.00 bell services delivery fee. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter