Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I’m wanting to be sure: if we are renting DVC points, we can go to the pool until our room is ready? Right? We should be on site at 13:30 and check in isn’t until 4 (or later...)

I’m wanting to be sure: if we are renting DVC points, we can go to the pool until our room is ready? Right? We should be on site at 13:30 and check in isn’t until 4 (or later...)
Yes, you can use the pool. I brought bathing suits in my carry on to change into when we arrived. Bell services took all of our bags except anything with valuables and the bag with the bathing suits. We had lunch at the pool and went up to the room around 3. You’ll get a notification on your phone when your room is ready. The front desk will need to let you into the pool area though as the bands will work for the dining plan but not the pool until your room is ready. Enjoy!

Yes, you can use the pool. I brought bathing suits in my carry on to change into when we arrived. Bell services took all of our bags except anything with valuables and the bag with the bathing suits. We had lunch at the pool and went up to the room around 3. You’ll get a notification on your phone when your room is ready. The front desk will need to let you into the pool area though as the bands will work for the dining plan but not the pool until your room is ready. Enjoy!
Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know!

Is anyone staying at the Contemporary right now, and could post the March activities guide? The usual online sources haven't updated yet, and my friends leave tomorrow. Thanks so much!

I am staying in a week and a half with my mother. I put in a request on the phone to get a room with two queen beds (we are close, but not THAT close). I was trying to double-down on that by putting the request in on the online check in on MDE but that only seems to have height requests (staying TPV in the Tower), so guess will just do normal checkin at arrival to be sure. Do you think this will be a problem? I don’t know what the ratio of room types are, I just don’t want to get stuck with a 1 king room. I don’t want to have paid all that money to be stuck on a daybed. Lol.

I am staying in a week and a half with my mother. I put in a request on the phone to get a room with two queen beds (we are close, but not THAT close). I was trying to double-down on that by putting the request in on the online check in on MDE but that only seems to have height requests (staying TPV in the Tower), so guess will just do normal checkin at arrival to be sure. Do you think this will be a problem? I don’t know what the ratio of room types are, I just don’t want to get stuck with a 1 king room. I don’t want to have paid all that money to be stuck on a daybed. Lol.

I recently posted on another thread about this same issue. My husband and I are going for our 20th wedding anniversary, but we sleep in separate beds because I am a restless sleep. I sometimes thrash about and kick in my sleep. The consensus was that there is a possibility that we could be put in a king room. However, the number of 2 queen bed rooms outnumber kings. They recommended that I call in a request for 2 queen beds. Also, when you get there, if they put you in a room with a king, go down to the reception desk and ask if they can move you. Worst case scenario is that they could move you the following day if there was nothing available. That was the advice I got. I also wonder what the ratio of 2 queens to 1 king is. I have always gotten 2 queen beds when traveling with 2 people at the GF and Poly, but I wonder if there are more king beds at the Contemporary.

I recently posted on another thread about this same issue. My husband and I are going for our 20th wedding anniversary, but we sleep in separate beds because I am a restless sleep. I sometimes thrash about and kick in my sleep. The consensus was that there is a possibility that we could be put in a king room. However, the number of 2 queen bed rooms outnumber kings. They recommended that I call in a request for 2 queen beds. Also, when you get there, if they put you in a room with a king, go down to the reception desk and ask if they can move you. Worst case scenario is that they could move you the following day if there was nothing available. That was the advice I got. I also wonder what the ratio of 2 queens to 1 king is. I have always gotten 2 queen beds when traveling with 2 people at the GF and Poly, but I wonder if there are more king beds at the Contemporary.
Gotcha- thanks for the info! Will give them a call this week 😊

Doing a girls trip to DL and asked a CM about making sure we get two queen beds and I was told to list three people in the room because then they must give you two beds as they are not allowed to put three people in a room with one bed.

Doing a girls trip to DL and asked a CM about making sure we get two queen beds and I was told to list three people in the room because then they must give you two beds as they are not allowed to put three people in a room with one bed.
Better list one as a child because I think they charge extra if there are more than two adults in a room.

Better list one as a child because I think they charge extra if there are more than two adults in a room.

Interesting. I am going into MDE to try this.

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and added one of my kids, who is not traveling with us this time, but he is still under 17. There was no extra charge. I guess they could still give us a king and a day bed, but that seems unlikely. He won’t have a ticket, so I imagine they would catch on if they cared enough to look into it. Geez, I wish there was a way to ensure your bedding assignments at deluxes without the rigamarole. It seems like such a basic requirement. It makes me contemplate switching to a resort or room category where I know what I am getting.

Does anyone know if the touring plans website room chart is accurate to the room set ups for the Contemporary? It makes it look like all standard theme park view rooms have 2 queen beds (which means I wouldn’t have to worry about it). According to the site, king rooms are just concierge on TPV, a few scattered on lake view, and several throughout the garden wing.

Does anyone know if the touring plans website room chart is accurate to the room set ups for the Contemporary? It makes it look like all standard theme park view rooms have 2 queen beds (which means I wouldn’t have to worry about it). According to the site, king rooms are just concierge on TPV, a few scattered on lake view, and several throughout the garden wing.

No, I love their room view finder, but the room set ups are not entirely accurate. If you do a search on you tube, you can view videos of regular (non club level) theme park view rooms with the king bed set up. Someone else pointed out to me that the connecting rooms are not always accurate on touring plans. During the last trip we took to the GF, the room we were in staying in was designated as a suite on the touring plan map, but in actuality, it was a regular room with 2 queen beds.

Yeah, I agree with PP - you can only trust the TP room info to a point. It is sometimes directionally accurate, but not specifically accurate when you get into bed configuration information.

But, while there are some King rooms around the Tower and Garden Wing, 2 Queens outnumber King rooms by a material degree at CR.

Not at CR, but last year I reserved 2Q at GDT and got a king. Me (mom) and DS22 did not want to share a bed.... and when we got there, they “upgraded” us to a king since we were only 2 people in the room. We had done the online check in and went to our room to find a king bed. We simply went to the check in desk and explained why that wouldn’t work. They did not have any more 2Q available so upgraded us to a deluxe suite so we had 2 sleeping surfaces. It worked out in the end.

Not at CR, but last year I reserved 2Q at GDT and got a king. Me (mom) and DS22 did not want to share a bed.... and when we got there, they “upgraded” us to a king since we were only 2 people in the room. We had done the online check in and went to our room to find a king bed. We simply went to the check in desk and explained why that wouldn’t work. They did not have any more 2Q available so upgraded us to a deluxe suite so we had 2 sleeping surfaces. It worked out in the end.

Oh wow, and that is a resort where you can actually reserve your room configuration. I am glad they were able to find a room with 2 sleeping surfaces, but I imagine one was a pull out. The kind bed in that situation was definitely not an “upgrade”. It was a... “we overbooked and ran out of a room type”. Did you have access to the club level after they moved you to the deluxe suite?

King room definitely was not an upgrade as far as we were concerned... but the king suite sure was! It was on the 11th floor I think... could see GE, EP fireworks and HS fireworks too. But no CL for us. Still a nice upgrade from a standard queen that we originally booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter