Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from two weeks resort hopping. Didn't stay at CR but went there a few times to check out the renovations in the public areas. Downstairs check-in is very nice and the little tribute area to Mary Blair was cool. Cast members were great and service at Steakhouse 71 was wonderful. All that said, I ventured upstairs to snoop around the "renovated" hallways. Now in all fairness I did not see a room, but I was shocked at the poor quality. I know this has been discussed before but seeing it for yourself is so disappointing. The Incredibles wallpaper/stickers on the walls look pretty bad up close. Lots of bubbles or maybe the walls weren't smooth enough. Elevator doors/trim still all chewed up. I've read there are quality problems in the rooms as well. We stayed in the Poly DVC rooms and Copper Creek Villas and the quality was so much better. I was excited for the CR update and wanted to love the mid-century vibe, but I will not pay those rates for that level of quality. Maybe they tried to go fast to get it reopened.
Didn't check out the hallways and now I wish I had. I worry because it seems like the rehabs lately are missing the mark and the Boardwalk is due next year. I hope they don't take it's charm away like they have at some of the others.

Just realized today is T-100 days until my next trip to CR :banana:

Curious though, how extensive has remodeling been to the 2nd and 3rd floors of the tower? Didn't have much of a chance to walk around last year when I briefly visited. I'm hoping there's not too much "color pop" on the walls, particularly on the 3rd floor which at this point might almost be a walking time capsule. Are the ballrooms still unlocked like they have been in years past?
Edited:

I misread this the 1st time. I have been to CG a few times since remodel. 2nd floor check in area looks pretty close to the same. I didn’t think to check the ballrooms. I have a CG reservation 3/22 so if I remember I’ll take a peek.

Last edited:
Where can you get the tennis balls & racquets to use the courts?
Good question! I would ask the people at the boat dock area. They have or will know where to get and are generally not busy. You can ask at the pool bar probably too. There is always the cm’s at checkin , but sometimes the lines are long.

Saw a live stream today and they said that at Steakhouse 71 they are getting rid of the old glass behind the check in podium that was still there from when it was the Wave. Is this true?

Did the 14th floor rooms also get the Incredibles refurb? The only videos and pics I have found so far are pre-refurb ones or post-refurb from other floors.

Hey all - we're booked in the Garden Wing at the end of May. Can someone with experience staying at WDW during refurbishment let me know - do they refurb one (empty) building at a time, or is there a chance we'll be stuck staying in a building under active refurbishment?

I thought the refurb would be done by April- but i see people posting about May- do I have that wrong? and is the refurb in CT and BLT?

I thought the refurb would be done by April- but i see people posting about May- do I have that wrong? and is the refurb in CT and BLT?
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-hotel-construction-refurbishment-update/
"Work continues on other areas of the resort, including rooms in the Garden Wing. This project got started later than initially forecast, and Walt Disney World has been publicly silent about a timeline. At present, rooms are not bookable in the Garden Wing until mid-June 2022, which likely means it won’t be finished until then at the earliest. However, it’s possible that’s just the first phase, and construction won’t be fully-finished by then. Those booked in the Garden Wing who are impact by the work will be moved to the new rooms in the main A-Frame tower at no additional charge."

I guess I answered your question and mine :)

Last edited:
BLT should be getting refurbished in the next year or two but I don’t think anything has been announced yet.

BLT one bedroom question. For the sofa bed and the chair that folds out, are the extra sheets/pillows in the room already or do you need to request them? Thx!

BLT one bedroom question. For the sofa bed and the chair that folds out, are the extra sheets/pillows in the room already or do you need to request them? Thx!
The sheets will already be on the beds. The extra blankets and pillows should be in the ottoman in a sealed bag so you know that they have been cleaned.

BLT has pack and plays. DVC resorts usually just have those. You were pretty lucky to get a real crib at BWV.

We rented a 2 br at BLT for our next trip. Is my understanding correct that the pack and play will be in the room without a request? I seem to recall one in the past, but we didn't need it so I did not pay attention. Thanks!

We rented a 2 br at BLT for our next trip. Is my understanding correct that the pack and play will be in the room without a request? I seem to recall one in the past, but we didn't need it so I did not pay attention. Thanks!
It’s in the closet. Usually one by entrance door vs bedroom.

I’ve seen reports that they’re removed for cleaning between guests now, so if it’s not in the closet, just call Housekeeping and they’ll bring you one.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter