Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I was at CR a couple of weeks ago. Couldn’t really see much at the Garden Wing since it’s pretty well fenced off, but I could see at least one finished room on the far end of the wing (I’m judging based on furniture and fixtures). The rooms closest to the tower were still very much in the demolition phase from appearances. So it appears to be a mix of rooms possibly done/close to done and rooms still early in their renovation. At least from what little can be seen.

Do we think the garden wing rooms will have the incredibles theming like the tower or other?

Wondering if anyone has any news about the splash pad construction at BLT? Going to be there in 30 days and hoping it will be finished by then. Not sure when they actually started the work.

Read on another Disney fan site that the front desk area at the CR is closed for refurbishment. Scrims are up in front of the front desk, all the way down to the seating area for Steakhouse '71. This is quite strange as this area was just refurbished for the 50th anniversary and reopened in late September 2021.

Read on another Disney fan site that the front desk area at the CR is closed for refurbishment. Scrims are up in front of the front desk, all the way down to the seating area for Steakhouse '71. This is quite strange as this area was just refurbished for the 50th anniversary and reopened in late September 2021.
Were there any photos?

FYI
Silly question, but where will we be checking in now?

I don’t know the answer to your question, but from the looks of things (curtains and not a real construction wall) it looks to me like whatever they are doing will be relatively quick. How quick, TBD of course.

I don’t have specific info on the lobby area but I do know some fit/finish items like countertops and cabinetry in other parts of the resort were delayed and did not get installed in time for reopening/the 50th. For example, the CL 12th floor lounge was recently closed for a short stint while they came back and updated some things that finally arrived. Not sure if the lobby is similar circumstances, but wouldn’t surprise me if so.

Do they still have a channel that plays old Disney cartoons on a loop? I haven't been in years but my daughter used to love watching Lambert the Sheepish Lion, etc while we were getting ready in the mornings

Do they still have a channel that plays old Disney cartoons on a loop? I haven't been in years but my daughter used to love watching Lambert the Sheepish Lion, etc while we were getting ready in the mornings

This channel sadly appears to have been gone for years - at least my family hasn't been able to find it and we miss it terribly! We're not fans of the newer animation styles that currently play :( Each trip we scan the channels however and hope it's returned!!

This channel sadly appears to have been gone for years - at least my family hasn't been able to find it and we miss it terribly! We're not fans of the newer animation styles that currently play :( Each trip we scan the channels however and hope it's returned!!
I love the Malaysian cartoon. You really don’t like it!!! And Bangladesh. It’s adorable. I think they’re some of the best they’ve made in years.

Probably a silly question but here goes. We're doing online check in for our DVC stay next week but DW wants to check in at a desk so she can get her birthday button. Is check in for Bay Lake Tower there or at the original Contemporary building? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter