Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I just saw pictures of the new lobby decor on WDWNT...and absolutely LOVE it!! I am so happy to see that this reno was Mary Blair inspired...definitely has 1971 vibes..and mixed the classic with the modern ..a very pleasant surprise...
Sure wish they'd have done that with the resort rooms...:rolleyes1...but ..I've not seen them in person yet..and don't dislike the renovation...still...lol
Eta...seems you're going to have to guess which site I saw the reno pics on...whoops!

I just saw pictures of the new lobby decor on *****...and absolutely LOVE it!! I am so happy to see that this reno was Mary Blair inspired...definitely has 1971 vibes..and mixed the classic with the modern ..a very pleasant surprise...
Sure wish they'd have done that with the resort rooms...:rolleyes1...but ..I've not seen them in person yet..and don't dislike the renovation...still...lol
Eta...seems you're going to have to guess which site I saw the reno pics on...whoops!
Whoops!

Were you there in 1971?

Whoops!

Were you there in 1971?
My first stay at the CR was 1974...tpv (in those days it was not a bookable category...just luck of the draw!) .. room..with my parents...wonderful memories!
A little trip down memory lane...
~The game room(had to look up the name because I just couldn't remember it..the Fiesta Fun Center!! 3 Caballero inspired..lol )...with the small movie theatre in the back...playing Disney movies of course..admission $1...
Swimming in Bay Lake...
River Country...maybe that was the following year...lol...
What a cool resort..then and now..iconic IMO...

Last edited:
Love, love the lobby reno! :love: The colors, the style, everything; it all adds so much life to what used to be a blah space. Now if they could only clean up that cluttered third floor concourse with that level of style, the Contemporary could be a showplace again!

The other day I snagged a garden view room for a late January-early February solo trip, and I’m actually pretty excited about it! It will be interesting to see if the garden wing will be finished by then. I liked the old rooms a little better, but a new room would be shiny and fresh, so either one is a win for me. :thumbsup2

Oh! And Disney Food Blog peeked into Steakhouse 71! Love what I can see (the Wave always creeped me out)

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...contemporary-resort-heres-what-it-looks-like/
Oh! I think it looks super cool! I'll be there for lunch on 10/1!! :) So Excited holy crap!

Love, love the lobby reno! :love: The colors, the style, everything; it all adds so much life to what used to be a blah space. Now if they could only clean up that cluttered third floor concourse with that level of style, the Contemporary could be a showplace again!

The other day I snagged a garden view room for a late January-early February solo trip, and I’m actually pretty excited about it! It will be interesting to see if the garden wing will be finished by then. I liked the old rooms a little better, but a new room would be shiny and fresh, so either one is a win for me. :thumbsup2

I'd never stayed at the regular Contemporary rooms - only DVC before now. I'm glad I get to be in the Garden old style rooms at least once to see them. We'll see the renovated Tower rooms in July '22.

I'll just say it to get it off my chest and then move on / accept change... but the rooms should have followed the same design as the lobby, IMHO.

Looks very nice and big improvement to the overall feel of the first floor, at least from the pics.

Agreed. If the room reno had followed that style, Contemporary would be on my list of possibilities. But the Incredibles theme does nothing for me and it is now off my list of places to consider.

Unless there is some massive surprise they have not revealed yet.

Unless there is some massive surprise they have not revealed yet.
You might have missed the mention of the remote-controlled features in the grand room, like a fireplace and movable flooring that reveal pools filled by waterfalls from above or floor-to-ceiling windows looking over Municiberg.

Much like the Zillow listing https://www.zillow.com/house/incredibles-super-home/

:offtopic: :chat: :rotfl2::genie:

Dave

COME ON!!! NO one in the lounge yet????? You people are killing me....... :faint:

Ok fine ill be the in 4 days, I will live.

Also checking into the atrium club on Thursday and can’t wait. Surprised I haven’t been able to find any photos online yet.

And just because it doesn’t seem to be the popular opinion on this thread, I gotta say I’m looking forward to seeing the new theming. I think once you close the closet doors and toss those pillows on the floor you won’t even know there’s any Incredibles in the room.

Also checking into the atrium club on Thursday and can’t wait. Surprised I haven’t been able to find any photos online yet.

And just because it doesn’t seem to be the popular opinion on this thread, I gotta say I’m looking forward to seeing the new theming. I think once you close the closet doors and toss those pillows on the floor you won’t even know there’s any Incredibles in the room.
I think I’ll like it too.

I always am a 1/2 glass full girl .

I am a BWV owner, staying a few night at BLT in a few weeks. Can I have a package shipped ahead of time? Does it get delivered at the Contemporary or over at BLT?

Thanks!
good afternoon, is anyone able to answer this for me?

I have never shipped so I don't know, sorry.

Maybe start a thread asking for resorts shipping info? I have seen people post at times with good info. Someone should pop up. Or try the DVC resort thread.

Good luck

Since COVID, not sure. At one time, you could ship packages to a resort. For the Contemporary, the physical address is: 4600 North World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. The resort will charge you a convenience fee for accepting and holding a package.

EDIT, from the WDW Website:

If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:

• Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $6 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter