Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi, At BLT now and wonderful room. 2 bed theme park view. Went to Early Entry today at Magic Kingdom and was turned away because they said we needed a voucher from BLT? They scanned my magic band but said nothing came up, so I showed them my MDE on my phone to show we are staying at BLT, but said I needed a voucher. Has anyone heard of that? Maybe I missed that...Either way having a great time.

Our MB's didn't register our resort during a recent visit to HS. We had to show our MDE which did the trick. Never heard of a voucher.

This was a couple of months ago, but the “bullseye”/adults pool opened a bit earlier. I think it was 7 am. However, there are no lifeguards at the pool area until 10 am

Sounds odd. Just curious, are you renting points?
Yes I rented points. Went to the lobby and they checked everything and didn't understand why there was an issue. They gave me a key card in case it happened again. They had never heard of a voucher and wondered if maybe it was a new cast member. Didn't have any issues with early entry after that day.

I was looking to book for late August and there is a notice that the Contemporary will be under refurbishment. Will this be for the garden wing? If so, I guess they do one building at a time because the garden wing was available to book for that time period. The chat had no idea what was being done.

Does anyone know how early the monorail starts running before EPCOT opening? And where can we find out the schedule for the evening extra Magic hours?
I'm wondering as well. In Aug. (prior to early entry,) buses were making it to Epcor well before the first monorail pulled in, which is what I'm afraid of for our upcoming trip.

Just realized today is T-100 days until my next trip to CR :banana:

Curious though, how extensive has remodeling been to the 2nd and 3rd floors of the tower? Didn't have much of a chance to walk around last year when I briefly visited. I'm hoping there's not too much "color pop" on the walls, particularly on the 3rd floor which at this point might almost be a walking time capsule. Are the ballrooms still unlocked like they have been in years past?

Any updates on construction of the garden wing? We are headed in May and curious if they will still be under construction.

We've moved to CR from GF as we we're told there was some work going on in our building and I'm hearing that the room renovations are still on-going at the CR.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if all of the tower rooms have been completed?

We've moved to CR from GF as we we're told there was some work going on in our building and I'm hearing that the room renovations are still on-going at the CR.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if all of the tower rooms have been completed?

All the Tower rooms have been completed - they are currently working on the Garden Wing rooms.

There is some general work going on around BVG (one of CR's gift shops) on the 4th floor, although it doesn't appear from photos to be too disruptive.

Hope that helps!

Just got back from our trip where we spent our first 3 nights at BLT for the first time and boy did we fall in love with it!!! So glad we stayed there. Loved the room and how it was set up. Loved the walk over the bridge to the tower. Everytime I walked over it I had to stop for a few minutes to take in the view of MK. Watched the fireworks from there our first night and that was awesome. Had dinner at Steakhouse 71 our first night there and it was soooo good. Got to watch the water pageant. And on top of all of this we had a really short walk to MK and a monorail ride to Epcot. Wow. This resort is in our top 3 for sure and I hope we can stay there again one day.

Thinking of a 2br suite club level at CR. Are they all on the 14th floor? Ty

Yes, 14th floor. Also known as the Tower Club. If you search on the CL thread you can find my posts/pics from a few months ago. Posts were probably sometime late Nov or early Dec. Happy to answer any questions!

Just got back from two weeks resort hopping. Didn't stay at CR but went there a few times to check out the renovations in the public areas. Downstairs check-in is very nice and the little tribute area to Mary Blair was cool. Cast members were great and service at Steakhouse 71 was wonderful. All that said, I ventured upstairs to snoop around the "renovated" hallways. Now in all fairness I did not see a room, but I was shocked at the poor quality. I know this has been discussed before but seeing it for yourself is so disappointing. The Incredibles wallpaper/stickers on the walls look pretty bad up close. Lots of bubbles or maybe the walls weren't smooth enough. Elevator doors/trim still all chewed up. I've read there are quality problems in the rooms as well. We stayed in the Poly DVC rooms and Copper Creek Villas and the quality was so much better. I was excited for the CR update and wanted to love the mid-century vibe, but I will not pay those rates for that level of quality. Maybe they tried to go fast to get it reopened.

@trompettecon - I should clarify, I was in a 1 BR for that trip - but the 2BRs are similar, just with another bedroom. All of the suites on 14 are relatively massive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter