Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

There are so few of that room type they don’t get discussed much. I poked around the internet and none of the videos were conclusive, but from background glances it looks like Disney reconfigured that area in the renovation and it’s just a toilet, no additional shower. It was a weird/awkward/small space to begin with so not entirely surprised if that is in fact the case.

One video here, they don’t go in the toilet room but you can see a small glimpse in the background.

I saw another TikTok video that’s roughly the same, doesn’t look like there’s still a shower there from what little you can see.

Separately, and just FYI, the main original tub/shower combo is now just a shower.

Hope that helps!

If you stay in that room type would love to see some pics since it’s an unusual room. Have fun!
Thank you! That did help! Since you pointed it out, it does seem to show the wall in the toilet room where the shower used to be. Oh, well - it was an interesting feature but maybe not often used or more trouble than it was worth.

I did decide to book that but it's all the way in June of next year but I will take pictures! The room looks nice and spacious which is exactly what my family is looking for!

We are excited to be staying at the CR in September. We stayed in a Garden Wing room about 14 years ago and weren't super impressed. It was our first Disney trip as "adults" and I didn't know you could request rooms and we had this terrible room at the very end with a view of a wall out our window. I convinced my DH to give it another try, but this time we are staying CL, so we will be in the main tower with a theme park view.

We are excited to be staying at the CR in September. We stayed in a Garden Wing room about 14 years ago and weren't super impressed. It was our first Disney trip as "adults" and I didn't know you could request rooms and we had this terrible room at the very end with a view of a wall out our window. I convinced my DH to give it another try, but this time we are staying CL, so we will be in the main tower with a theme park view.
I find the tower to be a completely different experience than the GW. Hope you have a great trip.

That wall is so weird. This is what I think every single time I walk by it.
We've had great stays in the Garden Wing but we've only stayed in the one bedroom suites which all have great views because they're huge enough to have windows on three different sides of the building.
You will love being in the tower, especially high up on club level. There are no bad views up there and you will have a balcony.
Excited for you :)

I find the tower to be a completely different experience than the GW. Hope you have a great trip.
Why? I am staying in the tower with a park view on Saturday, for 8 nights. What's different?

I know that we can't use the pool at BLT when staying at CR, but can we use the other recreation that's located on the BLT side of property, like the tennis courts and the putting green? Also, is the Cove Bar accessible from outside the gated pool area?

I know that we can't use the pool at BLT when staying at CR, but can we use the other recreation that's located on the BLT side of property, like the tennis courts and the putting green? Also, is the Cove Bar accessible from outside the gated pool area?

Yes, you can use the other recreation options there, just not the pool as you noted. We do crafts and such in the Community Hall all the time and also like playing shuffleboard. Unfortunately the Cove Bar is behind the pool gate, so not accessible.

Oh, I didn't know that! Does that mean if we're staying at BLT we're not allowed to use the CR pool? Not that we probably will in winter, but good to be prepared!

Oh, I didn't know that! Does that mean if we're staying at BLT we're not allowed to use the CR pool? Not that we probably will in winter, but good to be prepared!
No, guests at BLT can use the CR feature pool and the CR quiet pool, as well as the Cove pool at BLT.
It just isn't allowed the other way around (no Cove pool for CR guests).

Besides seeing the fireworks from the resort, are there other things to do at the CR? I know they have a pool and hot tub. We will be there first week of December, so not sure if it will be warm enough for swimming? I'm wondering if there are other things we should take advantage of while staying at CR?

Besides seeing the fireworks from the resort, are there other things to do at the CR? I know they have a pool and hot tub. We will be there first week of December, so not sure if it will be warm enough for swimming? I'm wondering if there are other things we should take advantage of while staying at CR?
EWP each night, the boat to WL is open again after 3pm.

They have a nice beach ! Many don’t realize how nice it is to just sit and enjoy bay lake.

Being on the monorail is nice for hopping to poly and gf. The Christmas decor is nice to check out at the resorts.

EWP each night, the boat to WL is open again after 3pm.

They have a nice beach ! Many don’t realize how nice it is to just sit and enjoy bay lake.

Being on the monorail is nice for hopping to poly and gf. The Christmas decor is nice to check out at the resorts.
All great ideas. They also have movies “under the stars” outside kind of near the pool most evenings. There is also a marina where you can rent boats and I believe some type of fishing excursions.

Last edited:
DH and I are planning a CL stay next spring at the CR for part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We've stayed CL before as a family but for this trip I've specifically booked the Resort View King CL room. I'm not sure how many rooms there are in that specific category but any idea on the views from those rooms? I'm trying to figure out if I should request anything or they are all the same. Thanks for any advice!

DH and I are planning a CL stay next spring at the CR for part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We've stayed CL before as a family but for this trip I've specifically booked the Resort View King CL room. I'm not sure how many rooms there are in that specific category but any idea on the views from those rooms? I'm trying to figure out if I should request anything or they are all the same. Thanks for any advice!

They have sort of misleading info on their website with these rooms, there are 2 “Resort View - King - CL” rooms, both are on the 14th floor and both face the MK. They are both steps from the lounge. The bathrooms in each are slightly different, but not enough to really worry about.

They are great rooms, happy to answer any questions!

You will be spoiled by the balcony! Enjoy!

Like @GADisneyDad14 we have had both of them. Love this room! It is so convenient to the lounge and elevators.

They have sort of misleading info on their website with these rooms, there are 2 “Resort View - King - CL” rooms, both are on the 14th floor and both face the MK. They are both steps from the lounge. The bathrooms in each are slightly different, but not enough to really worry about.

They are great rooms, happy to answer any questions!
Ah I see. The website says the view is MK or bay lake so I was initially hoping for lake view. I do like the idea of watching fireworks at night so either option is pretty great. My main goal was securing a king room so I'm happy with the MK view.
Close to the lounge sounds great! Thank you for the answers!

Are these Incredible themed as well? They look like they are but maybe slightly different??

You will be spoiled by the balcony! Enjoy!

Like @GADisneyDad14 we have had both of them. Love this room! It is so convenient to the lounge and elevators.
At first I wanted lake view but DH thinks having the fireworks/MK will be fun for us so now I'm happy that he's happy. We were going back and forth between CR and Poly bc we love the patios at Poly so much, but walking to the MK will be great as well as the CL views. Maybe we'll get a cabana too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter