DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
<center>
rsconthdr.gif

rscontphoto3zom.jpg
</center>

Welcome to Disney's Contemporary Resort Information Thread! It is your one stop for information on Disney's Contemporary Resort!

Disney's Contemporary Resort is located in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area, between the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. It is right on the monorail line, with the monorail running through the center of the Grand Canyon Concourse. The address is4600 North World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000.
The telephone number is (407) 824-1000 and the fax number is(407) 824-3539.

Services & Amenities
-Babysitting and child services
-Room Service
-Laundry facilities/services
-Business Center
-Concierge
-Non-smoking rooms
-Valet parking available for a nominal fee
-Complimentary Self Parking
-Barber and beauty shop
-Meeting and banquet facilities
-Pak-n-Play Crib available
-Rooms and facilities for Guests with disabilities

Accommodations
Guest rooms and suites are located in three buildings, the main Tower, and the North Garden Wing and South Garden Wing. All rooms have two queen beds and a daybed, or one king bed and a daybed. A variety of suites are available, from Junior Suites to the Presidential Suite.
rscontphoto2zom.jpg

Room Rates
2003 Room Rates
(tax not included)

Room Type Value Regular Peak Holiday
Standard View, King/2 Queens $ 239 $ 264 $ 309 $ 344
Garden View, King/2 Queens $ 275 $ 295 $ 345 $ 385
Wing Room $ 280 $ 305 $ 355 $ 405
Standard View, Jr. Suite $ 300 $ 340 $ 390 $ 430
Tower, King/2 Queens $ 335 $ 370 $ 435 $ 475
Tower Club $ 395 $ 435 $ 505 $ 545
Hospitality - 1 Bedroom Suite $ 820 $ 895 $ 1025 $ 1160
Magic Kingdom - 2 Bedroom Suite $ 1575 $ 1745 $ 1925 $ 2135
Lake - 2 Bedroom Suite $ 1510 $ 1660 $ 1840 $ 2040
Presidential - 2 Bedroom Suite $ 1750 $ 1945 $ 2165 $ 2405
Vice Presidential - 2 Bedroom Suite $ 1670 $ 1840 $ 2025 $ 2245
Magic Kingdom - 1 Bedroom Suite $ 1090 $ 1180 $ 1330 $ 1485
Lake - 1 Bedroom Suite $ 1025 $ 1115 $ 1260 $ 1415
14th Floor Concierge $ 480 $ 540 $ 610 $ 675
Garden - 1 Bedroom Suite $ 780 $ 860 $ 990 $ 1115

Value season for 2003 is 1/1 - 2/12, 7/4 - 10/1, 11/2 - 12/19
Regular season for 2003 is 4/27 - 7/3, 10/2 - 11/1
Peak season for 2003 is 2/13 - 4/26
Holiday season for 2003 is 12/20 - 12/31

Room Floor Plans
Garden Wing and Tower Rooms, Two Queens and Daybed
rscontrmlay1zomimg.gif

Garden Wing and Tower Rooms, One King and Daybed
rscontrmlay2zomimg.gif

Deluxe Garden Suite
rscontrmlay3zomimg.gif

One Bedroom Tower Concierge Suite
rscontrmlay6zomimg.gif

Two Bedroom Tower Concierge Suite
rscontrmlay4zomimg.gif

Concierge Service
Some rooms offer concierge service which includes personalized front desk and guest services, turndown service, refrigerator, coffeemaker, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert. The Tower Club offers limited concierge service, continental breakfast, midday snacks, and refrigerator (upon request).

Restaurants
One of Disney's best restaurants is located on the fifteenth floor of the Contemporary Resort. The California Grill's views and cuisine bring even locals to the resort. Other restaurants include the Concourse Steakhouse, a casual dining location in the Grand Canyon Concourse (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner); Chef Mickey's, a character buffet (Breakfast & Dinner); and the Food & Fun Center, a counter service eatery. In-Room Dining is also available.

Disney's Contemporary Resort Information Thread was last updated August 5, 2003.
Please feel free to post additional information or questions!!!

Cali,

Looks great, another super job just like the GF thread. Your hard work and effort is greatly appreciated:D

Thanks! I love this resort and Dixie make sure you post a review when you get back, have fun!

Thanks for all the great information - we are staying at the Contemporary for the first time in December - this answered so many of my questions.

:D

Cali,
You're amazing, thanks a bunch for your hard work!
actually, I know you dont believe me, but the CR might be our next resort to try! maybe in May...:)

thanks again, great info !

Laura :)

Hooray !!! Thank you SO very much for this thread we will be there next month and have never even set foot inside this resort so any bit of information I can get is wonderful !!:Pinkbounc

I've seen so much meantion on the boards about the CR not having a FAQ/Info thread, I figured we needed one. It isn't anywhere as complete as the GF's FAQ is, but hopefully everyone can post questions & trip reports, and it will be COMPLETE!

I am so happy to *finally* see a Contemporary thread!!! This was greatly needed... thank you very much and great job! mariamouse ;)

Thank you!
We are staying here for our December trip & hopefully our June 2004 trip also :)

Can't wait to hear reviews!

Great thread. Question on the day bed. Do you think it's big enough for either a 8 year old or 11 year old to sleep on?

D&R -the day bed is perfect for a child that age- my DD just turned 11, and she has used the daybed every trip:D

This is great! I am in the "dreaming" stage of planning our nest trip (Fall 2005 I hope). The dream is for us to stay in a tower room at CR, since we've never stayed at a Deluxe resort before. This thread makes my dreams much sweeter. I hope lots of you CR vets will post here.

David

We loved our stay at CR.

We were in the north wing. Our room overlooked MK & we could see the fireworks from our room. Rooms on the other side overlook the pool area.

Both the north & south wings have laundry facilities. I found the dryers were horrible. Tower has no laundry facility.

The bus stop is very close to the north wing. The buses were fine. I only remember 1 trip where we made another stop (WL), the rest of the time it was direct.

If you stay in the north wing, look for the back door to get into the food court/game room. We didn't know it was there till our last couple of days.

Chef Mickeys and the Steakhouse are both really good. Our dd loved to watch the monorail during dinner. What a blessing to keep her occupied so we could eat!

I can't comment on the pools. Gasp! Didn't even bring a bathing suit that trip! Our dd was to young. The large pool was closed for rehab our entire stay. The smaller pool didn't apprear to crowded (August).

:tongue: :Pinkbounc :wave: :tongue: :Pinkbounc :wave:

Finally ! How did you know I was going to be staying at the Contemporary in October and have been going crazy trying to find info ?!? :) Thank you so much. I am one very happy Diser thanks to you !

Cool! I was looking for a thread like this a few months ago when booking our vacation. It will be fun to read this as we get down to less than 3 weeks till we're on the plane to WDW.

Thanks for all of the hard work Cali! We leave in a little over 2 weeks, and are staying on site for the first time at the CR. I cannot wait!

Alright all you Contemporary lovers, what is your favorite part about the resort?

Mine would have to be when driving up to the resort (northbound) via World Drive once you pass thru the tunnel and get back to 'groundlevel' the way the tower looks. It's at an angle, and all the balconied levels make it look awesome. I noticed this the first time we stayed there, right as we were ready to enter the resort to check-in. It was memorable. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter