Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying in a standard view room this August. The last time we stayed at Coronado was probably 20 years ago or so we don't remember the resort at all. Can anyone tell me which section to request so that we can be closer to the food court and pool areas? I know that requests aren't guaranteed but I'd appreciate any advice.

We are staying in a standard view room this August. The last time we stayed at Coronado was probably 20 years ago or so we don't remember the resort at all. Can anyone tell me which section to request so that we can be closer to the food court and pool areas? I know that requests aren't guaranteed but I'd appreciate any advice.

With the new footprint at CSR I would say somewhere in the Cabanas would be the best location for you with a standard room.

You would have the main pool close by as well as the cabanas quiet pool and about a 5 min walk to the food court or new lagoon restaurant.

The feature pool and the food court are literally on opposite ends of the resort. So there’s no way be to be close to both. But like PP said, Cabanas would probably split the difference the best.

Need some help, wondering if I made a huge mistake. I booked a water view because it gave me the option to request a king or 2 queen, I chose a king and also called WDW reservations and they put it in the system that I asked for a king. What are my chances? Also I realized that Ranchos does not have a water view and I would love to stay there because of how nice the theming is. Does anyone know as of today if the CSR logo hats are still available? I’m really not a fan of the logo being all of the tower.

Also does anyone have a list or link of when cheer events occur? That’s the last thing I want to see or deal with, during first couple weeks of June?

Need some help, wondering if I made a huge mistake. I booked a water view because it gave me the option to request a king or 2 queen, I chose a king and also called WDW reservations and they put it in the system that I asked for a king. What are my chances? Also I realized that Ranchos does not have a water view and I would love to stay there because of how nice the theming is. Does anyone know as of today if the CSR logo hats are still available? I’m really not a fan of the logo being all of the tower.

Also does anyone have a list or link of when cheer events occur? That’s the last thing I want to see or deal with, during first couple weeks of June?

At Coronado, king rooms are a bookable category. If you booked a king you'll get a king.

There are a handful of rooms in Ranchos 6 that are considered waterview as well as the rooms in Ranchos 7B that overlook the quiet pool.

Thinking about booking CSR but wanted to know if there were shower facilities to use after you check out. We have a late flight on the last night and wanted to clean off before heading out. If there are showers, where are they and how are they?

Thinking about booking CSR but wanted to know if there were shower facilities to use after you check out. We have a late flight on the last night and wanted to clean off before heading out. If there are showers, where are they and how are they?

Answering you here too ;)

There are definitely showers by the feature pool in the large bathroom. They’re not as nice as the ones at Kidani in my opinion but they will get the job done. It’s just your regular shower stall.

Answering you here too ;)

There are definitely showers by the feature pool in the large bathroom. They’re not as nice as the ones at Kidani in my opinion but they will get the job done. It’s just your regular shower stall.
Thank you! As you can see I’m deciding between these hotels. Was wondering if you’d like to help me decide as well since you’ve been so helpful so far :)

I’ve stayed at Kidani before and didn’t love it. (Room was soooo far from everything, transportation wasn’t lacking, and our air conditioner turned off all night long.). Stayed at AKL before and I loved it. Never stayed at CSR.

We are doing the water parks for the first time this trip and really just want some place clean and cold with good transportation and an awesome pool.

Which would you choose?

Thank you! As you can see I’m deciding between these hotels. Was wondering if you’d like to help me decide as well since you’ve been so helpful so far :)

I’ve stayed at Kidani before and didn’t love it. (Room was soooo far from everything, transportation wasn’t lacking, and our air conditioner turned off all night long.). Stayed at AKL before and I loved it. Never stayed at CSR.

We are doing the water parks for the first time this trip and really just want some place clean and cold with good transportation and an awesome pool.

Which would you choose?
Honestly it depends on the price difference. I had to make the same call myself recently! It was only about $60/night more for me to spring for a regular hotel room at AKL (Not Kidani, I totally get the far flung rooms not being for everyone) so because we are wanting to spend a lot of time at the resort we are going with AKL. I love the restaurants there and the pool is my absolute favorite.

Coronado is a close second favorite pool for me - plus the refurbed rooms are just my style (clean, modern design with the solid surface floors and keurigs!!!). It’s definitely my top moderate and I always love to return there. We love the feature pool at CSR and I honestly love the option of the quiet pools there as well, which AKL doesn’t have. Plus you can get nachos at the pool bar... at Coronado! it’s hard for me to list a negative about Coronado although I know not everyone loves it like I do.

Ultimately my choice came down to a difference of like $200 for the whole stay and I find the $200 well spent for the purposes of my trip - I will be spending time with my coffee or wine on my balcony, something you don’t get at CSR. But for convenience, clean rooms, and resort amenities, Coronado is a great choice. Unlike some other resorts I think there are lots of beautiful places to sit and enjoy the grounds if that’s important to you (a worthy trade off to me if I don’t have a balcony).

From what you said about your trip I think Coronado might be a good fit especially if you haven’t tried it yet!

Just curious as to a room request recommendation. We booked standard view room and would like to be close to the main pool and the first/best bus stop in the resort.

Bus stop 2 (the Casitas stop) is first pick-up/drop-off stop for park buses. Assuming you didn't book preferred, Casitas 4 or 5 may be a good request...easy walk to dig site. Ranchos 6a or 6b could put you a little closer to the dig site....I imagine bus stop 3 not any "worse" than bus stop 2.

Note that I don't know if the Grand Destino tower opening mid-July will change the bus pattern.

The feature pool and the food court are literally on opposite ends of the resort. So there’s no way be to be close to both. But like PP said, Cabanas would probably split the difference the best.
I just wonder whether the bridges will change what buildings are best now. Looking at Google Maps, which has the new bridges on, the Casitas 5 building looks like a great location now - the bridges give easier access to the Dig Site and Centro, plus easy access to the gym in Casitas 4. Certainly look a better location now than Casitas 4 or Cabanas. That is the building I will be requesting when we make our reservation. There are also some good standard rooms on the South side of the building which have water views.

I've seen reference to a self-service refillable mug station at Siestas now. Anybody know if this is available just for the opening hours of Siestas, or longer than that.

Hi all,
Staying at CSR mid August and booked a Water View Room. Looking for advice on which room to request based on who has already been referbed and walking distances.
Thanks!

Is there a way of knowing if/which conventions are happening at the hotel on certain dates?
I’m reading a lot of reviews from sport and dance groups for this hotel. It’s making me a little worried because I’ve heard horror stories about these groups.
DH and I are both teachers so kicking off our Summer vacation with a group of loosely supervised teenagers is not ideal for us :)

Hi all,
Staying at CSR mid August and booked a Water View Room. Looking for advice on which room to request based on who has already been referbed and walking distances.
Thanks!

All of the resort rooms are refurbished.
As for walking distances, it depends on what you want to be close to. We stayed in Casitas (bldg 2- preferred") and found the walk to El Centro and the Dig Site short enough. We liked using the Casitas bus stop (bus stop 2 which, at this point, is first first stop for park buses). You may want to search for a map that reflects the new walkways/bridges. (ETA the aerial view a few posts up shows the new walkways....might help to look at that in conjunction with maps if they aren't updated. )

Is there a way of knowing if/which conventions are happening at the hotel on certain dates?
I’m reading a lot of reviews from sport and dance groups for this hotel. It’s making me a little worried because I’ve heard horror stories about these groups.
DH and I are both teachers so kicking off our Summer vacation with a group of loosely supervised teenagers is not ideal for us :)

You may want to start by checking the website for the Disney World ESPN complex- it will show you the dates of the big kids' events and, in some cases, note the resort for participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter