Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually scored a Standard Club level room from July 27-30 today...with the 25% off! I couldn’t believe that I was seeing availability at all considering that the whole resort was seemingly blocked off as stated in the post above. I wonder if that NBA idea has now officially been shelved.

I actually scored a Standard Club level room from July 27-30 today...with the 25% off! I couldn’t believe that I was seeing availability at all considering that the whole resort was seemingly blocked off as stated in the post above. I wonder if that NBA idea has now officially been shelved.
That would be great! And congrats! Coronado is beautiful.

I read today that the NBA commissioner has put off a decision about resuming the season. Decision to come in late June now apparently.

How are the buses at CSR? I will be on a scooter and I was wondering how that will work since it has multiple stops? Like if I get on the second or third stop and there are already people on the bus can I get my scooter on?

How are the buses at CSR? I will be on a scooter and I was wondering how that will work since it has multiple stops? Like if I get on the second or third stop and there are already people on the bus can I get my scooter on?
Yes. Your problem will be if there are scooters on the bus. Busses take up to 2 scooters. If there are 2 on when it arrives, you’re on the next bus.

Has anyone slept on the sleeper sofa in the GDT suites? We are wanting the extra room of a suite for the 4 of us but concerned that the sleeper sofa may not be comfortable enough for a week. Thoughts?
My DS23 slept on the sleeper for 5 nights last July and said it was very comfortable. He’s a tall kid- about 6’1” or 2” and had no problems with length either (that he mentioned anyway). The views on the standard side are on to GE and you can see the fireworks from EP and HS as well. LOVED that room!

Hi everyone!

Seeing as our Aulani trip is being cut out next month, and my wife and I really wanted to give our daughter a taste of Disney (and her first vacation ever), we decided to try to go a quick trip down August 31 to September 5th staying at CSR!

Our last day we always have a morning flight or 1PM at the latest, so we get picked up with Magical Express between 9 and 11AM so we never do a park that day. This time our flights aren't until 5PM so I would assume pickup would be around 2PM so we wanted to do a park that day. Will Bell Services/Luggage Storage hold our carry-on's until 1PM or so? TIA!

Hi everyone!

Seeing as our Aulani trip is being cut out next month, and my wife and I really wanted to give our daughter a taste of Disney (and her first vacation ever), we decided to try to go a quick trip down August 31 to September 5th staying at CSR!

Our last day we always have a morning flight or 1PM at the latest, so we get picked up with Magical Express between 9 and 11AM so we never do a park that day. This time our flights aren't until 5PM so I would assume pickup would be around 2PM so we wanted to do a park that day. Will Bell Services/Luggage Storage hold our carry-on's until 1PM or so? TIA!
Oh yes, definitely! Just allow enough time to pick them up before your bus - there may be a line of people doing the same. So planning to pick up around 1:00 for a 2:00 bus is a good idea. (I'm one of those who would rather sit in the lobby for a bit than be worried I won't get my carryons in time to catch the bus.)

Oh yes, definitely! Just allow enough time to pick them up before your bus - there may be a line of people doing the same. So planning to pick up around 1:00 for a 2:00 bus is a good idea. (I'm one of those who would rather sit in the lobby for a bit than be worried I won't get my carryons in time to catch the bus.)

Ah thank you! Oh I will make sure we are back at the resort well before the ME pickup time. I am always someone who tries to be 15-20 minutes early for appointments. We can just sit outside or inside and people watch if it is super early. Thanks again!

Hoping this is the right place for my long-winded question! We are booked in a "Tower - Deluxe Suite - Club Access" room. My understanding is 1/2 face the water and 1/2 face out front (courtyard/parking lot) - hoping for water view, but prepared to have a parking lot (since it's not possible to book water view specifically). Upon further research, we would not be psyched about the non-water view. Not only is the view different (as expected), but the room itself is entirely different. The layout, the bathroom, some bedrooms don't have windows, etc. So I realized that I really need to do my best to request a water view. So I called WDW reservations.

Unfortunately, I didn't have confidence in either of the women I spoke with. The first told me that there would be an up-charge. Turns out she was trying to change our room to "Tower Water View" - which is an entirely different room category that would be 1/2 of our price. So her comments didn't make any sense to me. But then she had technical difficulties and transferred me to another person. The new one seemed to understand but still told me "The only options for views are Courtyard, Landscaping or Parking so I'm not sure if water will be possible, but I'll manually enter the request for you." This confused me as well, because I know a water view is possible. So I left feeling kind of disappointed and concerned that no one understood what I was trying to do. I felt like I knew more about the room options than they did. Am I alone here? Did I just have bad luck with two people & should call back? Or do they normally not know much about specific resorts? I guess I'm just looking for tips on how to give myself the best shot at this. I know it's not guaranteed - but I at least want to do the most I can on my part. I appreciate any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter