Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping this is the right place for my long-winded question! We are booked in a "Tower - Deluxe Suite - Club Access" room. My understanding is 1/2 face the water and 1/2 face out front (courtyard/parking lot) - hoping for water view, but prepared to have a parking lot (since it's not possible to book water view specifically). Upon further research, we would not be psyched about the non-water view. Not only is the view different (as expected), but the room itself is entirely different. The layout, the bathroom, some bedrooms don't have windows, etc. So I realized that I really need to do my best to request a water view. So I called WDW reservations.

Unfortunately, I didn't have confidence in either of the women I spoke with. The first told me that there would be an up-charge. Turns out she was trying to change our room to "Tower Water View" - which is an entirely different room category that would be 1/2 of our price. So her comments didn't make any sense to me. But then she had technical difficulties and transferred me to another person. The new one seemed to understand but still told me "The only options for views are Courtyard, Landscaping or Parking so I'm not sure if water will be possible, but I'll manually enter the request for you." This confused me as well, because I know a water view is possible. So I left feeling kind of disappointed and concerned that no one understood what I was trying to do. I felt like I knew more about the room options than they did. Am I alone here? Did I just have bad luck with two people & should call back? Or do they normally not know much about specific resorts? I guess I'm just looking for tips on how to give myself the best shot at this. I know it's not guaranteed - but I at least want to do the most I can on my part. I appreciate any advice!
My experience is that when water view is "on request," everyone requests water view, and it's very possible to not get it. Last year, we celebrated our 20th anniversary at BWI Club. The "standard" rooms there are the same - half are on the side facing the water (Crescent Lake), half face the garden on the back. We requested water view and noted our celebration. We got a garden view. I asked again when we arrived, and she looked and even called the room assigner. No rooms with a water view available. I was told everyone requests those. So, if it's a request and you would be disappointed to not get the request, then maybe that resort/room is not the right one.

I also find the phone CMs to not be particularly informed, but they will note your request if you ask them to note it.

My experience is that when water view is "on request," everyone requests water view, and it's very possible to not get it. Last year, we celebrated our 20th anniversary at BWI Club. The "standard" rooms there are the same - half are on the side facing the water (Crescent Lake), half face the garden on the back. We requested water view and noted our celebration. We got a garden view. I asked again when we arrived, and she looked and even called the room assigner. No rooms with a water view available. I was told everyone requests those. So, if it's a request and you would be disappointed to not get the request, then maybe that resort/room is not the right one.

I also find the phone CMs to not be particularly informed, but they will note your request if you ask them to note it.

I appreciate your input! Glad to know I'm not alone in the phone CM experience. I know nothing is guaranteed :( But fingers crossed! I wish they'd just go ahead and make different booking categories.

A few years back (2014) my wife and I stayed at Coronado Springs and ate at Maya Grill (it was surprisingly good!), and I had some kind of entree that was a series of tacos, each "themed" for one of the 3 Caballeros. This morning, we were trying to recall what was in each one, and it seems like this meal is no longer on the menu - does anyone remember it?

Can someone tell me if they have guest washers/dryers in the Gran Destino tower? If I recall correctly there were some by the quiet pools, but we are staying in the tower this time. If they do have them in the tower can you also let me know if I need to bring quarters or if you can use your magic band/credit card? Thank you!

Can someone tell me if they have guest washers/dryers in the Gran Destino tower? If I recall correctly there were some by the quiet pools, but we are staying in the tower this time. If they do have them in the tower can you also let me know if I need to bring quarters or if you can use your magic band/credit card? Thank you!

Yes, there is on the 3rd floor. You have to use your debit/debit card. You cannot use cash or your MB.

Hi everyone!

Seeing as our Aulani trip is being cut out next month, and my wife and I really wanted to give our daughter a taste of Disney (and her first vacation ever), we decided to try to go a quick trip down August 31 to September 5th staying at CSR!

Our last day we always have a morning flight or 1PM at the latest, so we get picked up with Magical Express between 9 and 11AM so we never do a park that day. This time our flights aren't until 5PM so I would assume pickup would be around 2PM so we wanted to do a park that day. Will Bell Services/Luggage Storage hold our carry-on's until 1PM or so? TIA!

Some of the best money I ever spent at Disney was to get a Minnie Van back to the airport on our last day. We took our carryons to Magic Kingdom and used the lockers. Had a great day there, then grabbed our luggage and headed to Grand Floridian Cafe for a goodbye lunch. Minnie Van picked us up at 3:00, and we were dropped off close to the security gates and in plenty of time for our 5:00 flight. It’s expensive, but we chose that over one expensive meal and so so worth it.

Hoping this is the right place for my long-winded question! We are booked in a "Tower - Deluxe Suite - Club Access" room. My understanding is 1/2 face the water and 1/2 face out front (courtyard/parking lot) - hoping for water view, but prepared to have a parking lot (since it's not possible to book water view specifically). Upon further research, we would not be psyched about the non-water view. Not only is the view different (as expected), but the room itself is entirely different. The layout, the bathroom, some bedrooms don't have windows, etc. So I realized that I really need to do my best to request a water view. So I called WDW reservations.

Unfortunately, I didn't have confidence in either of the women I spoke with. The first told me that there would be an up-charge. Turns out she was trying to change our room to "Tower Water View" - which is an entirely different room category that would be 1/2 of our price. So her comments didn't make any sense to me. But then she had technical difficulties and transferred me to another person. The new one seemed to understand but still told me "The only options for views are Courtyard, Landscaping or Parking so I'm not sure if water will be possible, but I'll manually enter the request for you." This confused me as well, because I know a water view is possible. So I left feeling kind of disappointed and concerned that no one understood what I was trying to do. I felt like I knew more about the room options than they did. Am I alone here? Did I just have bad luck with two people & should call back? Or do they normally not know much about specific resorts? I guess I'm just looking for tips on how to give myself the best shot at this. I know it's not guaranteed - but I at least want to do the most I can on my part. I appreciate any advice!

We love Standard View at the tower. We request the highest room possible, and sit and watch the fireworks through those amazing windows.

Has anyone gotten reassigned to another hotel for their trip due to NBA? I got a pop-up message on my phone today that there were changes to my reservation. It only said to check with my travel agent. I'm not going until November so I doubt that NBA is the issue. Not sure what that message was about as I can't see it in MDE online. The popup showed the message then disappeared. I'm booked with a Dreams Unlimited agent, but really don't want to bother her with it since my trip isn't until November. Anyone else get a weird message? My reservation looks the same in MDE.

Has anyone gotten reassigned to another hotel for their trip due to NBA? I got a pop-up message on my phone today that there were changes to my reservation. It only said to check with my travel agent. I'm not going until November so I doubt that NBA is the issue. Not sure what that message was about as I can't see it in MDE online. The popup showed the message then disappeared. I'm booked with a Dreams Unlimited agent, but really don't want to bother her with it since my trip isn't until November. Anyone else get a weird message? My reservation looks the same in MDE.
I got the same/a similar message, but ultimately didn’t see any changes to my reservation.. so I’m not 100% sure what it was about!

I got the same message last night. I will be checking with the travel office today. I also got the e mail last Friday cancelling my DDP. This may be related?

I’m booked for the tower in late August (Middle of the NBA takeover) and haven’t heard anything.

I have a question about parking. We are driving to WDW next May and are now considering switching from Boardwalk to GDT. How far is the parking from the tower? We would drive to all parks except the MK. Would it be a huge pain to get to our car/park every day?

I don't know if you can tell from this map, but the parking is on either side of the front of the tower. Not far. Out the front door.... to the left or right....3 minute walk.
54759.jpg

54760.jpg

Hey! :D

While researching if we will use bus or Uber/Lyft from here during our stay, I've read that the drive to each park from CSR is pretty short! Seems to be most centrally located hotel.

Yes it’s a good area to be in with a vehicle. We also like to leave the bubble for a meal and Target run when we have a car with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter