• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are there now, can you give a report on the bus situation at the Tower? Im thinking this weekend and early part of next week, will give us a preview of what's to come around Easter.

I just got back. I only had one situation where I waited what seemed long for a bus. It was to HS first thing in the morning. All seats are being used. No standing riders. That limits capacity. But there is usually a second bus very close behind the first. I really had no problems. Yes, I stayed in the Tower and used that bus stop.

I just got back spent 5 nights there from February 2 to the 9th and I can tell you I wasn't too thrilled about the food options there. Unless you have a reservation at Rix sports bar and grill,there was no way of getting in. You can order takeout but they don't start taking orders till 8pm. I actually liked siestas pool bar food but the app said they didn't close till 7 and on the night we were looking for dinner they had closed at 6 and we missed the opportunity to order food. We took a walk over to El Mercado and the food options were very limited and most of the food is precooked and put under heat lamps. When we went the person working there stated that food had only been sitting for about twenty minutes, nope!!!
The food at 3 bridges is very good but not something that you wanna eat constantly so I ended up going to the gift shop and got a jar of salsa and some chips and that was dinner lol. I'm sure at some point they will open up everything there and it'll be wonderful again but my experience stunk. We ended up midway through switching to the Riviera because we were doing a split stay and the food options there were a little bit better plus we had the skyliner to go over to other resorts to eat if we didn't wanna eat at our own which was convenience.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Just got back from a Feb 6 - 13 stay and the food situation is far from acceptable. They need a sit down available for more volume. ...and something more than grab-and-go food in El Mercado. I absolutely love this resort, but the dining situation needs to be addressed.

Will be at CS first week of March - any chance of comp upgrade to Tower from Standard room or shouldn't I even bother asking?

Will be at CS first week of March - any chance of comp upgrade to Tower from Standard room or shouldn't I even bother asking?

We will be there the same week. I guess you can ask but comp upgrades don't happen that often. That said....some on this board recently were called at home and offered an upgrade to the Grand Floridian but I believe those dates were in February.

MJ

We will be there the same week. I guess you can ask but comp upgrades don't happen that often. That said....some on this board recently were called at home and offered an upgrade to the Grand Floridian but I believe those dates were in February.

MJ
Ok wow, that would be a nice surprise thanks!

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Just got back from a Feb 6 - 13 stay and the food situation is far from acceptable. They need a sit down available for more volume. ...and something more than grab-and-go food in El Mercado. I absolutely love this resort, but the dining situation needs to be addressed.
I agree we were there the end of October. Once home I emailed my complaint to Disney. From my understand more has opened since I was there. More and more people should complain.

Dumb question, but for those just back - I assume the pool in Casitas is not accessible to resort guests? Just making sure. Txs.

Hi all!

First post in this thread. We're coming down (probably) for a trip 3/16 - 3/20; first time at CSR. Staying in the towers so the info here has been great.

I was wondering how people are feeling about crowds at the pools currently. This will be our first spring break trip and while I'm keeping my fingers crossed for decent crowds, I'm anticipating the worst and keep thinking that if the parks are a mess, we will spend time at the pool. But I'm hoping the pools haven't been swamped. Any thoughts or updates on the pool experiences recently?

Hi all!

First post in this thread. We're coming down (probably) for a trip 3/16 - 3/20; first time at CSR. Staying in the towers so the info here has been great.

I was wondering how people are feeling about crowds at the pools currently. This will be our first spring break trip and while I'm keeping my fingers crossed for decent crowds, I'm anticipating the worst and keep thinking that if the parks are a mess, we will spend time at the pool. But I'm hoping the pools haven't been swamped. Any thoughts or updates on the pool experiences recently?
We stayed at CSR Thanksgiving week, which was very crowded in the parks but the resort was very quiet. We had zero issues with crowds at any of the pools. YMMV, but that was our experience during a week that was busy. Hope you have a great trip!

We stayed at CSR Thanksgiving week, which was very crowded in the parks but the resort was very quiet. We had zero issues with crowds at any of the pools. YMMV, but that was our experience during a week that was busy. Hope you have a great trip!
Thank you! That's helpful. I'm assuming crowds over Thanksgiving/Christmas were probably similar to what spring break will be. This is our first spring break trip and I'm a bit of a wreck over it!

Thank you! That's helpful. I'm assuming crowds over Thanksgiving/Christmas were probably similar to what spring break will be. This is our first spring break trip and I'm a bit of a wreck over it!
I think that capacity has increased a little since then, but truthfully I think if you go in with realistic expectations of crowds and a plan, then you'll do just fine. It was pretty busy over Thanksgiving, but we went on everything we wanted in the six park days we had with no hopping allowed yet. You'll have a great time, I'm sure!

I don’t think I’ve recently heard of anyone getting comp upgraded just by asking.

The people who got relocated to GF were called by Disney. Imho it was not some weird pixie dust thing so much as walking them. (“Walking” in hotel lingo = they sold the client a hotel room they no longer have. Luckily Disney has other hotels and doesn’t throw people out on the street when they have to do this.)

I am between Coronado and Contemporary for a next trip. How is the bus system at CSR? I want to stay in the Destino tower but I don’t like how the only transportation is bus.
I was really worried about buses too. I’ve been here since last Thursday, the 11th. We’ve been staying in the tower, and have had no problems getting on buses. We have been at the bus stop at least one hour prior to park opening everyday though. Our first park day was DHS. We grabbed some coffee and quick food from El Mercado and ate at the bus stop. We were at the stop at 7:25 and caught the first bus at 7:35 to DHS; official park opening was 9:00. We were in the park prior to 8:00am. Rode ToT twice, RnR twice, MMRR once and were in line for smuggler’s run at 9:00am. Disney will tell you buses start running one hour before park opening. But we have caught a bus every morning that was prior to that one hour window. Every bus that has shown up at the tower stop has had a few people on it but still had enough space for everyone waiting at the stop. Even in the afternoons when we’ve come back to the room, we’ve never had an issue getting a bus back to the parks.

Hi all!

I’m here now. Went to the pool last Saturday and today. They have lounge chairs grouped together in 2s, 3s, and 4s, and spaced out from other groups. Saturday the chairs never filled up and I never really thought about capacity. Today at about 2:30 they closed all of the gate entrances except one and they were monitoring capacity. It lasted for about an hour or so. They basically only let enough people in to fill those chairs and not more than that. I didn’t notice anyone getting turned away though.

For those of you who are there now, can you give a report on the bus situation at the Tower? Im thinking this weekend and early part of next week, will give us a preview of what's to come around Easter.
I just posted an answer about buses. You should see it a few replies back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter