Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a csr standard room with free dinning reserved nov 15 to 22. We are trying to decide which bldg we should request. We are thinking bldg 8a might be the best. Can anyone tell me if they have elevators or not? We will have a double stroller and a scooter so just need to know if we need to request 1st floor or not. Thanks so much.

We will be there those exact dates as well! I was wondering which building to request as well

Yes there are elevators. :)

Thank you!! We usually stay at pors in an ab room. With a big double stroller and a family member that has a hard time doing steps it was quite a shock to find out there were no elevators!

Where are the mug refill stations? Is there a place to do so near the main pool?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Where are the mug refill stations? Is there a place to do so near the main pool?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The pool bar will fill them for you during the hours they are open.

Otherwise there are two locations in El Centro.

Are things still the same with Pepper Market? You go in and be seated and someone brings you your drink? Or is it all self-serve now? Thanks!

I was browsing at some csr resort room pics on tripadvisor and other sites and they have up some hideous rooms with green dressers and an awful floral pattern bedspread and it was taken in 2013 i thought all the rooms were refurbed in 2009...did they not do all the rooms on the property?:eek:Not the beautiful pics disney has on the website.

Building 7A looks to be the furthest from el Centro so I was just wondering approx. how long the walk would be. CSR is our backup for POP on Wednesday, however, after watching videos and reading about it I really think I just want to switch but DH wants to push for POP.

TIA. :)

Are things still the same with Pepper Market? You go in and be seated and someone brings you your drink? Or is it all self-serve now? Thanks!

It's self serve now. You seat yourself and there is a brand new huge drink filling station in the middle.

I was browsing at some csr resort room pics on tripadvisor and other sites and they have up some hideous rooms with green dressers and an awful floral pattern bedspread and it was taken in 2013 i thought all the rooms were refurbed in 2009...did they not do all the rooms on the property?:eek:Not the beautiful pics disney has on the website.

CSR room decor matches what is on the WDW website. Green dressers and floral bedspreads sounds like pics of CBR.

Building 7A looks to be the furthest from el Centro so I was just wondering approx. how long the walk would be. CSR is our backup for POP on Wednesday, however, after watching videos and reading about it I really think I just want to switch but DH wants to push for POP.

TIA. :)

While there are posts on this forum claiming it to be ridiculous times of 20 or 30 mins....it's actually about a 7 min walk for a healthy person walking at a normal pace.

It's not really that bad. But at the end of a long day at the parks, DH was not going to go refill his mug at El Centro so we spent a lot at the vending machine to feed his pop addiction. Wanted preferred this time but no luck so will add some pop to our garden grocer order for him.

Leaving tomorrow for CSR :cool1: Just curious if there is wifi service at the pool and at the Pepper Market.

CSR room decor matches what is on the WDW website. Green dressers and floral bedspreads sounds like pics of CBR.

I hope they are whats on the website because i saw the cbr pics and it wasnt the same green dresser it had a thatched looking front and the pics said csr it was hideous lol.

Speaking of filling mugs, is there anyway to get coffee at the drink areas by the pool or is it just soda stations?

Great to see a new CSR thread as we are hoping to return next year :)

The walking times and distances at CSR are greatly exaggerated by some people on this forum

Agreed! :)

It's self serve now. You seat yourself and there is a brand new huge drink filling station in the middle.

Does this mean it's less chaotic now at PM? we stayed October 2012 during the buffet breakfast trial - which was great, but we found that the odd time we had an evening meal it was a nightmare!

It's the one (very small) sticking point about us re-booking CSR, other than that we love the place :goodvibes

We have a csr standard room with free dinning reserved nov 15 to 22. We are trying to decide which bldg we should request. We are thinking bldg 8a might be the best. Can anyone tell me if they have elevators or not? We will have a double stroller and a scooter so just need to know if we need to request 1st floor or not. Thanks so much.

There are elevators but depending where you are in the building sometimes it can be a little walk. I ended up just carrying our stroller up the stairs that was right at my door. But we love CSR don't get me wrong.

We are looking forward to staying at CSR for the first time and have a feeling we will be hooked. We've stayed at CBR our last two trips and needed a change.

I saw some pictures of the fountain with the lions spitting at each other. What area can we find them in?

Lurking, trying to decide whether to switch from pop. Biggest concern is the size of the resort and distance to bus. Only standard rooms left for my dates. Bus stop 4 has been recommended. Thoughts? Encouragement? Anyone who's stayed at both care to comment?

Both great resorts! Pop would be our Value choice. We've stayed there twice and enjoyed it, once as a couple and once with kids. As a couple we barely spent time there, just used it as a base to sleep. The kids (and us) loved the vibrant Disney theming and general busy-ness of the resort. When we switched to POR during the same trip the kids wanted to go back to Pop :)

We chose CSR over Pop last time due to free dining (UK) and loved it! bigger rooms were a plus and although CSR is bigger than Pop, it never felt as crowded - possibly due to the proportion of guests staying there for conventions.

We never felt the resort was too big - we stayed in the Cabanas, and had a few minutes walk either to the Dig Site or El Centro. Bus stop 4 was our closest stop, buses were never as crowded as the buses at Pop or POR - again maybe down to convention guests? Pop still gets my vote for 'best bus music' though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter