Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurking, trying to decide whether to switch from pop. Biggest concern is the size of the resort and distance to bus. Only standard rooms left for my dates. Bus stop 4 has been recommended. Thoughts? Encouragement? Anyone who's stayed at both care to comment?

I have stayed at pop and CSR. Also POFQ. To compare pop and CSR, they are very very different. To me POP is Disney themed. Pop you get so many people of so many walks of life. Pop can be very loud at all times and good court is jammed. Theming is very good at pop. Good food court, but very busy at pop.

CSR is more like a typical hotel (think Hilton resort). It is very spread out. Less "Disney" theming. Beds are queen instead of full. Rooms much larger at CSR. Food court is very different, much less busy but you have to order at stations.

I like CSR so much better because of the room sizes, and even if it is full, you don't feel as crowded. Also CSR Has a work out room, if you do that on vacation

Hope that helps.

Staying at CSR this November. Looking forward to trying a new resort! Just wondering what building we should request. We are staying standard, and we'd like to get as close to the food court and bus stop as possible. We have a kid with Type 1 diabetes, so easy access to these would be helpful.

Yes, there's a short path around the lake that's .75 mi., and a longer option that's about a mile. There is also a wide sidewalk along Buena Vista Drive, the street in front of the resort, from CSR past BB to All-Star Movies Resort. The distance from CSR to ASMo is about 2.6 mi. one way to the end of the trail. There are walk signals at several street crossings, and not too many driveways to cross. It's mostly well-lit by the streetlights.

Thanks

I have stayed at pop and CSR. Also POFQ. To compare pop and CSR, they are very very different. To me POP is Disney themed. Pop you get so many people of so many walks of life. Pop can be very loud at all times and good court is jammed. Theming is very good at pop. Good food court, but very busy at pop. CSR is more like a typical hotel (think Hilton resort). It is very spread out. Less "Disney" theming. Beds are queen instead of full. Rooms much larger at CSR. Food court is very different, much less busy but you have to order at stations. I like CSR so much better because of the room sizes, and even if it is full, you don't feel as crowded. Also CSR Has a work out room, if you do that on vacation Hope that helps.
helps lots. Thanks much!

We have had a great 4 days here at CSR. The buses were very quick and we only had to stand once (our choice as there were a couple of seats but separated from each other). We did leave at about 8:30am each day so not bad. Love the refill station in pepper market! The resort seems empty even though I know they are pretty full. It is just very quiet compared to values.

We took a walk across the bridge to
the dig site this evening and there was maybe 3 people swimming however it is cool and rainy here today. Although we really like it here , we did miss the Beach club this trip, basically because of the inside access it offers. Walking in the rain to food/drinks was a bummer! ;)

I am sure we will be back soon and will absolutely stay business class but I think our Christmas trip will be AoA suites for the extra room or Beach club for the easy park access.

I have stayed at pop and CSR. Also POFQ. To compare pop and CSR, they are very very different. To me POP is Disney themed. Pop you get so many people of so many walks of life. Pop can be very loud at all times and good court is jammed. Theming is very good at pop. Good food court, but very busy at pop. CSR is more like a typical hotel (think Hilton resort). It is very spread out. Less "Disney" theming. Beds are queen instead of full. Rooms much larger at CSR. Food court is very different, much less busy but you have to order at stations. I like CSR so much better because of the room sizes, and even if it is full, you don't feel as crowded. Also CSR Has a work out room, if you do that on vacation Hope that helps.
helps lots. Thanks much.

Staying at CSR this November. Looking forward to trying a new resort! Just wondering what building we should request. We are staying standard, and we'd like to get as close to the food court and bus stop as possible. We have a kid with Type 1 diabetes, so easy access to these would be helpful.

The closest buildings to the food court are either Preferred or Business Class. The closest with standard rooms would be Cabanas 9A or Casitas 4. The nice part about Casitas 4 is its right beside busstop 2 which is the first pickup for going to the parks.

As excited as i am to try a new resort i will still miss jumping in the boat to head to dtd from por. I can only imagine how long that bus ride is gonna be from csr.:sad1:

Same here, I had planned to go to DD the day we arrived and know my girls would've loved the boat ride

I'm thinking of trying CS next time. We have done POR and POFQ before, but never CS. Reading through this thread now for good scoop!

I have a very important question to ask: does anyone know if they have Mickey ice cream bars available at the Pepper Market or anywhere else at the resort?

I have a very important question to ask: does anyone know if they have Mickey ice cream bars available at the Pepper Market or anywhere else at the resort?

My guess is yes, all the other resorts we have been to have them in the freezer section with the grocery items. I could be wrong, hope someone else chimes in with an answer :)

summerlady said:

Yes! There are the bars and ice cream sandwich in a small freezer in the gift shop back by the fridges and snack item area. We found them yesterday.

My guess is yes, all the other resorts we have been to have them in the freezer section with the grocery items. I could be wrong, hope someone else chimes in with an answer :)

Yes! There are the bars and ice cream sandwich in a small freezer in the gift shop back by the fridges and snack item area. We found them yesterday.

Thanks! Not that it's a deal breaker, but it's good to know I can get one at CSR. :woohoo:

Does anyone know the operating hours of the BC lounge? Just want to make sure it's open early enough for early magic hours! Thanks

Breakfast (7-10am): Cold cereals, bagels, fresh fruits, and either muffins, cinnamon rolls, or danish (they alternate those).
The coffee machine makes espresso and lattes; they have regular and decaf coffee, a nice selection of teas, milk and juice.

We have a csr standard room with free dinning reserved nov 15 to 22. We are trying to decide which bldg we should request. We are thinking bldg 8a might be the best. Can anyone tell me if they have elevators or not? We will have a double stroller and a scooter so just need to know if we need to request 1st floor or not. Thanks so much.

We have a csr standard room with free dinning reserved nov 15 to 22. We are trying to decide which bldg we should request. We are thinking bldg 8a might be the best. Can anyone tell me if they have elevators or not? We will have a double stroller and a scooter so just need to know if we need to request 1st floor or not. Thanks so much.

Yes there are elevators. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter