Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for my first stay at csr in sept i have been looking at the maya grills menu and like the entrees but not thrilled with the dessert options so my question what in the world is fried ice cream? How do u fry ice cream lol

You start with Ice Cream at a temperature much lower than Ice Cream is normally stored. Take a scoop, maybe coat it in egg, roll it in bread crumbs or crushed tortilla chips and cinnamon (as the chain Chi Chi's made famous) and quickly place it in the deep fryer. It crisps up the outside but does not melt the Ice Cream because it starts at such a low temp. Goodness all around! :goodvibes

Hey everyone,

I booked through a TA for late October. At what point can I make a request about room assignment? I asked her at the time to request near the food court and bus stop. We will use a pool from time to time, but quiet pools are fine for us. So I'm not too concerned about a walk to a pool.

We have a standard king reservation. What room reservation would be best for that category of room?

Thank y'all! :love:

I've never booked through a TA so I'm not sure what the time frame is for making your own requests. Call a couple weeks out and you should be fine. When checking in if they have you in a different building, politely ask if your requests were noted on your reservation and if there is any chance they could honor them.

I happen to be a TA and I can try to answer your questions. First, a King room reservation guarantees you a King bed room. Not all resorts off that guarantee but CSR does! As far as being closer to the food court - that is a Preferred location, so if you booked a standard it may be a little tougher to get. The Preferred rooms are in the Casitas and those are "closest" to the food court area. There are bus stops throughout the resort, so close to bus stop is an easier request to grant. Room requests, whether booked through a TA or yourself, are only requests.......Disney does not guarantee anything. Your TA should always ask and you should always let them know if you have any special location preferences and other things you need like Pack N Play. When we make the reservation there IS a spot to request the Pack n Play. The rest of the requests are only noted on the reservation by the person at the call center. About a week before your arrival the reservation is transferred over to the resort and they have room assigners that actually place you in a room. This is when they look at the requests.

In addition, with the new My Disney Experience, you do have the option of doing online check in. This allows you to make some additional requests - it is limited to things like a location, upper floor, ground floor, near transportation, etc. You can also set up your resort charging privileleges here and have them text or email you when your room is ready.

I hope that helps! I think somebody else mentioned. If you don't get all of your requests, remember they are trying to accommodate a lot of guests. But, it does not hurt to ask nicely if a different room might be available for you. Sometimes you might have to wait a little longer for it to be ready but it might be worth it.

So having read as much as possible it looks like the following:

We will not really use the pools and will eat mostly at the parks. The main thing I would be looking for is easy bus access. We get up early and stay at one park all day.

Casitas 4, non-preferred seems the way to go. 4th floor, if elevators, so we have better view.

Confirm or deny?

Thanks in advance as this has been a fun and very informative thread! Keep it up!

So having read as much as possible it looks like the following:

We will not really use the pools and will eat mostly at the parks. The main thing I would be looking for is easy bus access. We get up early and stay at one park all day.

Casitas 4, non-preferred seems the way to go. 4th floor, if elevators, so we have better view.

Confirm or deny?

Thanks in advance as this has been a fun and very informative thread! Keep it up!

Given your criteria, yes that would be a good choice if they are able to grant your request.

Given your criteria, yes that would be a good choice if they are able to grant your request.

I know it is extremely specific. I prefer to have something as a baseline and then expand out as needed. I would think Casitas 4 is the best building and I'd upgrade the room to stay there. Well, unless someone convinces me otherwise....

Only our second trip and stayed at POR last time. 6 year old DD is pumped!

This is a view from 9531. Looking at the backside lake. I counted over 20 turtles sunning. Walking distance to the lounge was 50 feet.

I was going to call and add a request for a room facing the main lake (staying in 9B in September, already have a request in for 2nd floor), but after seeing this photo I'll be happy wherever I am. :)

Tinkerbell 60,
I know you have stayed at CSR lots of times. Do you have any experience with being there when Travel planners International conference is there? I was wondering if it is a large group and if the pools and beach area will be taken over/closed to regular guest. Thanks so much.

We are looking forward to staying at CSR for the first time and have a feeling we will be hooked. We've stayed at CBR our last two trips and needed a change. I saw some pictures of the fountain with the lions spitting at each other. What area can we find them in?

I have only stayed at this resort n I would recommend it to everyone. It is very clean n peaceful. The fountains are beautiful one located in the main lobby. The pepper market is marvelous food is cooked to order not sitting around. I will b heading in July

Hot tub broken? We stayed a few nights this week and noticed the jacuzzi/ hot tub was barely warm. The bubbles worked fine when the button was pushed but both days we visited we didn't get that "ahh" hot jacuzzi to soothe our tired aches from the park walking and travel. Yesterday we noticed a pool closed sign near the jacuzzi but people were still in it. Is it always kept semi warm or was is broken?

Tinkerbell 60,
I know you have stayed at CSR lots of times. Do you have any experience with being there when Travel planners International conference is there? I was wondering if it is a large group and if the pools and beach area will be taken over/closed to regular guest. Thanks so much.

This will actually be my first time staying at Coronado Spring, so I can't answer your question. Sorry! I have stayed at some of the other resorts when there were conventions and did not notice a big difference to regular guests.

Oops. Checked my email tonight and had a FD PIN so was able to change from CSR to POFQ. Maybe next time. Hope everyone has a wonderful stay at CSR. :flower3:

Yay all booked for December 4th for our Honeymoon. Not sure what to expect but we're excited.

Will be staying at CSR in exactly a month. This godforsaken deployment is over in two week! :cool1:

I've stayed at CSR 3 times since 2009, and everytime I'm left impressed. To top it off, in 2012, the wife and I went with our best friends, and arrived a hour or two before check in. They informed us our rooms werent ready (I repeat, 2 hours before check in) and upgraded us to Jr Suites free of charge. I have my theories as to what really happened, as normally, that early they would just say "Your room isnt ready yet, we apologize." Either, they double booked the room (we take advantage of the military discounts on Moderate and Deluxe resorts, for which I'm told only a certain amount of rooms are alloted per participating resort) or they were simply saying thank you, as my wife was bragging that I had just returned from a year long tour over here in the Middle East. For that upgrade, they'll always have my business.

As for the worry of the resort being a long walk to buses/food/pool, unless you have health issues, weight issues or are just lazy, dont fret. The resort is top to bottom beautiful. I will sympathize and admit we dont have youngens yet and are in our late 20's/early 30's, so I can see not wanting to walk a long way with a 4 year old. In 2009 our trip was the entire family, and my brother's kids were I believe 8 and 4 or 5 at the time. They had no issue walking the grounds, as they enjoyed pointing at the wildlife running around. Yes, there are ducks, as well as other birds that will hop on your table if you sit outside to dine. Very creepy! :scared:

The buses do get crowded later in the day, especially on the ride back from parks, but if you're a first thing in the morning group like we are, its always pretty roomy. I echo the statements about trying to avoid the bus stop at the front of the hotel though. Its the last stop, and if you want a crowded bus, thats where to get it.

PM is very easy to navigate, and we never encountered it super busy. We do eat first thing in the morning however. I'm an up at 5 guy to hit the gym (more on that soon) and breakfast at 7ish. If we were wanting to eat fast and get to a bus stop (the only time we'd use the front entrance bus) its easy to get in and get out. If you're wanting to relax and enjoy breakfast, some days we'd sit in there a hour and enjoy coffee after our meal. Never rushed, never bothered in a pushy way.

The gym is what you'd expect from a upper tier hotel. Its better than what you'd encounter at a Holiday Inn but its not loaded with anything you need. For a vacation workout, its perfect. 3 or so treadmills, 2 to 3 ellipitcals as well as equal bikes. Various strength machines as well as a smith machine and cable rack. And finally, a dumbbell rack that starts at 5lbs and gets up to I believe 80lbs. Not positive on the range there. Other than the free upgrade mentioned earlier, the gym is the main reason CSR gets our business when we stay at Moderate resorts.

The main pool does allow adults on the slide, for those that asked. Funny story. In 2012, all four of us were up waiting on the slide. It was us, and mostly kids lol. My friend was carrying a little extra weight this trip, and the kids noticed. I know this, because the weather was starting to turn on us. Right after my friend happened to go down the slide, they shut off the water jets and closed the slide. After talking to some kid I didnt know and trying to explain to him the slide was shut down momentarily, the crowd turned in rapid fashion. While the kids complained, with multiple kids asking "why Mr. why is it down?!" One kid responded for all to hear "I think the fat guy just broke it!!!!" That will forever live in Disney lore for our Disney travel party.

Sorry so long, and I hope some of the information helped ease some troubles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter