Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That day we were just a couple of minutes behind the RD ceremony.
We hit MK at about that same time period when we went, and I thought it was a pretty sweet time. We breezed through bag check and Main Street was not crowded at all. We saw Pluto and Minnie both coming out to the flag pole area for meet and greets, and got great pictures of the castle without a lot of folks in the way. It seemed the RD crowd had already dispersed to whatever attraction they were targeting for that morning, and we had a nice walk down Main St. then through the castle and then got in stand-by for Peter Pan with a 15 minute wait (was less than that). Walked onto Small World after that, and then moseyed to our BOG breakfast reservation where they let us in early. It was very laid back, and gave us time to marvel at MK (which we hadn't visited in 17 years).

That was kind of off-topic. We were traveling from CSR that morning. Love the bus service there. Only once did the Epcot bus fail to show due to some sort of problem that had those buses backed up. And once we had to let a full MK bus go by (stop #1, last to be picked up). Driver told us another MK bus was right behind him, but it wasn't. However, when the next MK bus DID show up, it DID have another MK bus literally RIGHT behind it, they pulled up to the stop together. That was nice.

If I have a reservation for a Junior Suite 2 Queens is it possible to get the one in Cabanas 9B via room request?

36 days for us until we hit CSR for the first time! Sorry, I am at the point where I have asked all my questions and done pretty much everything I can do until a few days before we leave. So, just had to throw my excitement in here! I know you will all understand.

32 for us, and I can't wait! I know what you mean, I feel like I should be doing *something* trip related. Anything. There really isn't anything left to do until time to pack :)

We will be at CSR for the first time on 6/2, so we share your excitement! We love POR, but we are looking forward to this new experience. Thanks to all for this informative thread!

Yay, I am not the only one! We have stayed at POR twice and we love it as well. Really just wanted to try a new resort. So excited!

We made an impromptu booking for CSR (standard) for 11/26-12/3 -- thank you, free dining! We've stayed at POR and CBR, but this will be our first time at CSR. Looks beautiful... but I have lots yet to learn!

Have I read that the food court is no longer the complicated ticket system and is more like other resorts now?

Have a business class room booked in 3 weeks . I know those rooms are in cabanas 9b. I have read that the buses pick up stops 2,3,4,and last 1. I know our building will be closer to bus stop 1. So my question is would it be better to walk a little farther to bus stop 2 to go to the parks so that we will be the first bus stop to be picked up rather than chance going to bus stop 1 and the morning buses being full? We have never stayed at CSR and just wanting opinions of those familiar with this resort, thanks.

Have a business class room booked in 3 weeks . I know those rooms are in cabanas 9b. I have read that the buses pick up stops 2,3,4,and last 1. I know our building will be closer to bus stop 1. So my question is would it be better to walk a little farther to bus stop 2 to go to the parks so that we will be the first bus stop to be picked up rather than chance going to bus stop 1 and the morning buses being full? We have never stayed at CSR and just wanting opinions of those familiar with this resort, thanks.
We never had to stand either to or from the parks all week last May.

We have booked a water view room at CSR but there is now a preferred room available. Should we switch? We have a person who had a leg injury that bothers them after a long day of walking and I want to try to get a room closest to the pool and main lobby and dining. Any thoughts are much appreciated, thanks.

Does anyone know if the shop sells ponchos?? Here now and there is a severe thunderstorm so trying to plan our best course of action and I don't remember seeing any there yesterday...

Does anyone know if the shop sells ponchos?? Here now and there is a severe thunderstorm so trying to plan our best course of action and I don't remember seeing any there yesterday...

Yes, the shop has them. If it's not raining they are behind/under the counter. If it's raining they are on the counter.

We have booked a water view room at CSR but there is now a preferred room available. Should we switch? We have a person who had a leg injury that bothers them after a long day of walking and I want to try to get a room closest to the pool and main lobby and dining. Any thoughts are much appreciated, thanks.

Water view might get you closer to the pool than preferred, if they do put you in the Cabanas. But you'll be farther away from El Centro.

I would go to the el centro bus stop since that is the closest to that building. Bus stop 2 is quite a bit of a walk from 9B.

I bought an umbrella there so I am sure they have ponchos too. I had to ask to buy an umbrella and they were behind the counter.

Water view might get you closer to the pool than preferred, if they do put you in the Cabanas. But you'll be farther away from El Centro.
Agree with this. Preferred are in Casitas, which is not near Dig Site.

We have booked a water view room at CSR but there is now a preferred room available. Should we switch? We have a person who had a leg injury that bothers them after a long day of walking and I want to try to get a room closest to the pool and main lobby and dining. Any thoughts are much appreciated, thanks.[/QUOT
I would request a building in the casitas so that you are the closest to the food. Just remember the casitas do have several floors so you may want to request to be on a lower level.

I would go to the el centro bus stop since that is the closest to that building. Bus stop 2 is quite a bit of a walk from 9B.

We've had much better luck with the stops that are not at El Centro, but you are correct that the EC stop is closer to 9B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter