Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here now. Delicious sangria with the freshest raspberries and blackberries I've ever seen!! DH and I had 2 glasses each!
DD wasn't old enough last time (18). This time she is 21 and can try the best sangrias on Disney Property herself!! Can't wait.

(In all fairness we did invite her brother but he declined, wants to help dad at work instead while I am gone.)

Got back yesterday afternoon from a stay in a Standard View Business Class room. Was my second time at CSR and first time in Business Class. I enjoyed my first stay at CSR but it has never been one of my favorite resorts. I only chose it this time because I got a great AP rate on Business Class.

Well, this stay was excellent. Every cast member we encountered was delightful. I was actually booked with a split stay of 3 nights in Standard BC and two nights in a King Bed business class because I could not get all 5 nights in the Standard. The resort called me on the morning of my arrival and asked if we'd like to stay put in our first room for the entire stay. We did and it was perfect. They adjusted my rate appropriately as well so we didn't have to move AND saved about $40-$50 on the room rate.

We really enjoyed the convenience of the business class.

Breakfast every morning had some of the nicest fruit I've had at WDW (pineapple, strawberries, blueberries/blackberries/raspberries and a variety of melons were available every morning). Cereal options were Rice Chex, Raisin Bran, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Rice Krispies and sometimes Fruit Loops. Our breakfast pastries were different every day. Bagels were always available but one day we had danish as the pastry (apple, lemon and cheese). Several days we had different types of muffins. One day we had cinnamon rolls. And one day we had muffins and some sort of strudel. The CMs in the lounge were all fantastic and friendly.

We did the evening snacks three times. Between 5:00 and 7:00 pm they had two types of cheese (one soft, one hard), marinated artichokes, grilled zucchini, olives and usually two types of meats - salami and soppresata. One night the salami was thin slices, the other nights it was in long, skinny rectangles. They also had tortilla chips, regular chips and what I think were some sort of plantain chips? I never tried those. They had salsa and usually two types of dip or hummus as well. They do replenish these snacks during the 5-7 time but when it gets close to 7:00 they stop replenishing. So if you arrive at 6:45, you sort of get what is left. At 7:00, the meats/cheeses, etc go away and they bring out cookies. We usually had three to four types. The chips stay out until 10:00 pm. The snacks were great to tide us over before some later dinner ADRS but were not something you could replace a meal with. We've stayed CL at BC and YC before and have used their evening snacks as a sort of light dinner on days we would have a late sit down lunch but the snacks at CSR were not as hearty as the CL (or at least what the CL was like when we stayed there).

The sangria is not out with the other wine offerings, you have to ask for it. You also have to ask for disposable cups for coffee and tea if you want them. We did occasionally bring things back to our room (usually chips or cookies at the end of the day) and our housekeeper always took care of clearing any dishes we had from the room.

We had a great stay at Coronado and I would definitely stay again with a discount in Business Class.

:disrocks:Ok I have read this entire thread over the last several days lol. We will be there Saturday mid morning. Thank you all for helping me pass the countdown time! I will report back with my experience to maybe help others as you have helped me :thanks:

Thank you for your detailed review. I couldn't turn down the BC upgrade for the same price as preferred/pirate at CBR. We are looking forward to our stay in October!

You won't be sorry! I was hoping to stay at POR or French Quarter which are my favorite mods but the rate with the discount was slightly LESS for Business Class at CSR. I could not turn that down and I am glad I didn't. I did keep track of our lounge usage and plan to figure out how much we would have paid out of pocket for what we got there. We definitely saved a good chunk on breakfast alone.

The pool was also great and the location of the Business Class rooms is perfect. Very close walk to the bus stop, El Centro AND the pool.

We had great bus experiences last week. We were at bus stop 1 by about 8:10 every morning and were at the parks for opening each day except one MK day, when the bus showed up about 15 minutes later than the time on the screen when we first got to the bus stop. That day we were just a couple of minutes behind the RD ceremony.

It's about a 5 minute trip to AK and HS, maybe 10 to Epcot, and maybe 15-20 to MK. We thought it felt more convenient than being at CR, where there are three longer bus rides, usually shared with other resorts, and one mono/walk to MK. The buses at CS were often quite empty in both directions. It only takes a few minutes to get around the bus loop if you use one of the other bus stops. We were very happy with the transportation from CS.
We will be there in about a month, and have breakfast reservations at MK at 9:15. Do you think that if we catch the earliest bus, we will make it in time? Debating on whether we should just drive or take the bus. Thanks!!

We will be there in about a month, and have breakfast reservations at MK at 9:15. Do you think that if we catch the earliest bus, we will make it in time? Debating on whether we should just drive or take the bus. Thanks!!

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day so you will definitely be able to take a bus and make your 9:15 ADR.

If you drive you will have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center, take a tram to the front, then take a ferry or monorail over to MK. The buses drop you off right in front of the MK Gate.

End of March I got fruit most nights but not on a couple of nights. I think it varies on who is there but I didn't pay attention to who was there when.

Here is what I thought from previous visits and I confirmed last night regarding fruit in the Sangria: if there is fruit left over from that morning's breakfast, they will gladly add it to the evening Sangria! ;)

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day so you will definitely be able to take a bus and make your 9:15 ADR.

If you drive you will have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center, take a tram to the front, then take a ferry or monorail over to MK. The buses drop you off right in front of the MK Gate.
Thanks so much!! I called Disney and they said they only start an hour before the park opens.... But I have heard so many different things. That helps a lot!!

If we want to go watch the water parade and the fireworks from the Poly beach, A) Can we do that? and B) What is the best way to get there from CSR? I will have a car.

Thanks!

If we want to go watch the water parade and the fireworks from the Poly beach, A) Can we do that? and B) What is the best way to get there from CSR? I will have a car.

Thanks!

A. Most likely yes. Officially, the beach is limited to registered Poly guests only but that rule is rarely enforced. It is usually enforced on July 3rd and 4th. Most likely you'll be fine, but just be prepared.

B. Take bus to MK then monorail or ferry over the Poly. Or drive the TTC and then walk to the Poly.

So if I'm looking at the map, it looks like about the same distance from the main building to both Casitas 4 & 5 and Cabanas 8A & 8B (and about the same to the pool)... but I've not been there. For those who have, is it about the same distance?

It seems that most recommend requesting the Cabanas, but if they're about the same distance, is there any reason why Cabanas is a better choice than Casitas?

I check in Friday afternoon!!!!! I am heading STRAIGHT to The Laguna Bar (or Siestas, whichever my room is closest to) for something tropical! Whats their best frozen drink??

So if I'm looking at the map, it looks like about the same distance from the main building to both Casitas 4 & 5 and Cabanas 8A & 8B (and about the same to the pool)... but I've not been there. For those who have, is it about the same distance?

It seems that most recommend requesting the Cabanas, but if they're about the same distance, is there any reason why Cabanas is a better choice than Casitas?
Not sure since I have only stayed once and I was in Casitas.......I loved it!! Thought it was beautiful and loved the fountains. So if people love Cabanas too then I am guessing that both are good options!

A. Most likely yes. Officially, the beach is limited to registered Poly guests only but that rule is rarely enforced. It is usually enforced on July 3rd and 4th. Most likely you'll be fine, but just be prepared.

B. Take bus to MK then monorail or ferry over the Poly. Or drive the TTC and then walk to the Poly.

Thanks, Dansdad! Do you have an estimate for how long a drive to the TTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter