Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone advise what the actual work being done at CSR is? I know they demolished a section and are adding a tower, but are there other refurbishments in addition to that? We'll be taking a group in late August for their first trip. We decided CBR was undegoing too much construction, so are now considering CSR. My main concerns are whether Pepper Market and the Dig Site pool will be open? Thanks!

Aside from the new tower they are refurbishing buildings 1 at a time. No work on El Centro which is where Pepper Market is and no work at the pool. By August you have a better chance of landing a newly refurbished room-they look nice!

Can anyone advise what the actual work being done at CSR is? I know they demolished a section and are adding a tower, but are there other refurbishments in addition to that? We'll be taking a group in late August for their first trip. We decided CBR was undegoing too much construction, so are now considering CSR. My main concerns are whether Pepper Market and the Dig Site pool will be open? Thanks!

Both Pepper Market and the Digsite have already been refurbished in the last year or two. There should be no affect to any of the amenities. The fitness centre, spa, and quiet pools have all been done recently as well.

I am sitting by the fountain looking at Panchitos right now. I'll post more when we get home but we had a lovely first stay at CSR. We barely noticed the construction at all - only when walking too and from the Dig Site. That was the only time we heard it and it was minimal. We had dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe last night at the Wilderness Lodge where we normally stay and it was much more invasive there (and the changes shocking - it had been 11 years!). But CSR was wonderful though definitely getting more crowded

Both will be open. They are also renovating rooms in sections. Right now it's a Ranchos building, then last I checked on the facebook fan site it's moving on to a Cabanas building. But you'll have all the amenities available to you, the restaurants, food court, leisure pools, and feature pool Enjoy!

What's the best way to request a room? Fax? (Fax who?) Calling reservations? Online on MDE?
I'm going to wait till a week or so out from my trip (end of June), hopefully there will be more refurbished rooms by then...

What's the best way to request a room? Fax? (Fax who?) Calling reservations? Online on MDE?
I'm going to wait till a week or so out from my trip (end of June), hopefully there will be more refurbished rooms by then...

We have found the best method is to call the Main Reservation line and add any room requests to our reservation. This way we are not tied to the predetermined and very limited options during Online Check In. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival.

Rooms in 7A are very close to being done. All furnishings are in and there's bedding in some so that's a good sign. Fence went up on one side of 8A but 8A is still being occupied as of yesterday so probably at least another week.

On the road home from a stay at CSR from 4/11-15. We were hopeful that we'd get in a refurbished room, but they weren't done yet. We love the ranchoes. We were placed in 7b, 7321. It's a great location. Resort never felt crowded, except one afternoon by the dig site pool. We booked a standard room, but still ended up with a lovely view and one door down from a quiet pool. Construction never bothered us, except on Thursday at 5:30am, the fire alarms went off in the entire building and everyone had to go to the parking lot. No explanation, but we were able to go back to our rooms 10 minutes later.

We were closest to bus stop 4, buses weren't really over crowded. We had to stand once on the way to MK for 7am emh. Bus ran a little late on the night going to HS for Star Wars Galactic Nights.

Just returned back from our weeklong stay at CSR. We were in 9229 and 9230 on the back side of 9A. The construction seems to be fairly minimal now. They just appear to be pushing dirt in and out of piles. Construction sounds were limited to an occasional beeping truck, which I could never hear from our room or the quiet pool on the front side of the building. You could really only hear it when walking by the fence on the way to El Centro. I think because 9B is gone and 7A was closed, the amount of people at the resort was much less. Even when we surrey biked around one afternoon, we rarely had to go around anyone.

Anyone know which characters were out meeting this morning in El Centro? We headed home this past Friday and saw the sign advertising them and the Easter candy buffet. I was just curious ;).

We had a great stay, just too short..

We are contemplating a stay at CS. We are booked at POR right now but with the rumor that it will be excluded from free dinner by in Nov., we are looking for planB. We have only stayed deluxe or POR. The size of CS scares me a bit. Should we book a preferred room to be close to dinning and transportation?? I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed here!!

We are contemplating a stay at CS. We are booked at POR right now but with the rumor that it will be excluded from free dinner by in Nov., we are looking for planB. We have only stayed deluxe or POR. The size of CS scares me a bit. Should we book a preferred room to be close to dinning and transportation?? I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed here!!

I've stayed at all the mods and several of the deluxes and values and of the mods I've stayed at CSR the most because of a conference we attend there annually. I've never had a problem requesting one of the non-preferred Casitas buildings (2 or 4 I think? I usually end up in 4) and I prefer that area. Bus stop #2 is the first bus stop and it's located closest to Casitas 4 and I don't find the walk from there to the main building to be all that bad. Certainly Casitas 1 is the closest and preferred so you can't go wrong there either. I've definitely been in POR and it felt just as far to the main building to me. CSR has really grown on me over the years with the lovely theming, pools, fountains and gardening so I hope you love it!

Just booked our trip! 10 nights at Coronado Springs!:yay::yay::yay:
We have always stayed at one of the value resorts so we are super excited! June 25-July 5!
Anyone else?

We will be there from June 30 to July 11! There will be 7 of us celebrating my oldest DD and her BF graduating from high school. :cool1:

Anyone have any updates with where they are as far as room rehabs...going down in a few weeks with our son and his family.

Anyone know which characters were out meeting this morning in El Centro? We headed home this past Friday and saw the sign advertising them and the Easter candy buffet. I was just curious ;)
We had a great stay, just too short..

The past 5 years it has been Minne in her Easter dress. Mickey has also made appearances. LOts of festivities for the kids. Panchito's had hidden eggs with pins for the kids. The candy scramble was always so much fun! (Tons of candy made into designs on the grass). Tons of candy for all. Egg hunt at the Dig Site. and more.

POR is actually larger than CRS, so if you are used to POR, you will love CRS!

Just booked our trip! 10 nights at Coronado Springs!:yay::yay::yay:
We have always stayed at one of the value resorts so we are super excited! June 25-July 5!
Anyone else?

We will be there from June 28-July 3! After that we are moving offsite but super excited about our CRS stay!

We have found the best method is to call the Main Reservation line and add any room requests to our reservation. This way we are not tied to the predetermined and very limited options during Online Check In. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival.
What if you use Hotels.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter