Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Staying at Coronado Springs for our anniversary in two weeks! Does anyone have any must try meals, snacks or drinks at the Coronado? I know the restaurants, just curious if anyone has any specific items that were amazing.
B5914285-3DE3-4E56-BA72-542C3AA9146C.jpeg
Pool bar nachos! They’re not much to look at but I love these basic nachos. They are bigger than they look!

01054310-1BD5-47E0-903C-B2748B831414.jpeg
Also these waffle fries nachos from Rix Sports Bar were fantastic - the actual waffle fries were like battered and seasoned. Yum! (I can’t remember what they were called on the menu but they were delicious)

Has anyone requested a rollaway and not gotten one? I know they are first come first serve but I was just curious. Going May 16-27th if that makes a difference.

I watched a youtube video and he said that once Gran Destino opens, all registration will take place in this building.
Is this true? I sure hope not. For people staying in the "old rooms" this would just be too far. Especially for those staying for example in Ranchos.

Bus Stop 2 is our favorite because its the first pick up and first drop off, except for Disney Springs routes when its the second. Casitas 4 and 5 would be closest to this bus stop in a standard room, but I will warn that if there is a convention going on, usually those participants will get priority in the Casitas rooms. Whenever we have stayed standard and requested Casitas, we haven't been able to get it. We now book preferred so we're guaranteed a room in Casitas 1, 2, or 3.

This sounds so simple, but we loved the breakfast sandwiches that were hot and readily available at El Mercado. They were served with two decent size hash brown triangles. They had them with meat or no meat. They were always hot, fresh, the bun was good. It was just a nice breakfast option that I preferred over something like the bounty platter they usually have everywhere.

This sounds great!!! My husband loves breakfast sandwiches.

View attachment 386489
Pool bar nachos! They’re not much to look at but I love these basic nachos. They are bigger than they look!

View attachment 386488
Also these waffle fries nachos from Rix Sports Bar were fantastic - the actual waffle fries were like battered and seasoned. Yum! (I can’t remember what they were called on the menu but they were delicious)

Thank you! I saw those waffle fries and were curious, now I know I’m going to try them!

Hello! Newbie from England here!

I’m hopefully going to be visiting from across the pond in 2021 for my first WDW/Orlando visit in 20 years, and my first stay on Disney property! While it’s still way too early to book, I’ve been making a few “test bookings” and I’m pleasantly surprised by the pricing in the new tower! Standard tower rooms are, on the UK Disney website, on the test dates I’ve been looking at in Sept 2020, the same rate as a water view room in the other parts of the resort! Tower water view rooms are the same price as preferred rooms! Those were for rooms with queen beds. I did notice however that king bed rooms in the tower are substantially more expensive! They're around £1,000 (about $1250) more for a 14 night trip. Are they on higher floors or something? Seems strange that a lower capacity room is a lot more expensive. Club level rooms/suites were not listed at all.

I do like the look and feel of CSR judging by all the information I’ve seen. This’ll be an adults only trip and CSR certainly feels the most grown up out of all the moderates (deluxes are sadly probably out of budget), and weirdly, CSR is usually the cheapest moderate for us Brits.

I’ll hopefully be booking later in the year when the UK Free Dining promotion (and upgrading the dining plan so we can eat at TS restaurants!) opens for 2021. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Hello! Newbie from England here!

I’m hopefully going to be visiting from across the pond in 2021 for my first WDW/Orlando visit in 20 years, and my first stay on Disney property! While it’s still way too early to book, I’ve been making a few “test bookings” and I’m pleasantly surprised by the pricing in the new tower! Standard tower rooms are, on the UK Disney website, on the test dates I’ve been looking at in Sept 2020, the same rate as a water view room in the other parts of the resort! Tower water view rooms are the same price as preferred rooms! Those were for rooms with queen beds. I did notice however that king bed rooms in the tower are substantially more expensive! They're around £1,000 (about $1250) more for a 14 night trip. Are they on higher floors or something? Seems strange that a lower capacity room is a lot more expensive. Club level rooms/suites were not listed at all.

I do like the look and feel of CSR judging by all the information I’ve seen. This’ll be an adults only trip and CSR certainly feels the most grown up out of all the moderates (deluxes are sadly probably out of budget), and weirdly, CSR is usually the cheapest moderate for us Brits.

I’ll hopefully be booking later in the year when the UK Free Dining promotion (and upgrading the dining plan so we can eat at TS restaurants!) opens for 2021. Fingers crossed!

:welcome:

Yes, what @TXDisneyFan1 said, welcome!!!

I love your username :D have you ever had Zapps crisps here? They are from New Orleans! Sooooo good.

Are they on higher floors or something? Seems strange that a lower capacity room is a lot more expensive.

The King rooms are probably in higher demand due to CSR being a convention resort. In past there haven’t been so many of them, so of course supply outweighing demand commands a fair sum more. If you’d like a king room you can always ask about availability at check in :thumbsup2

CSR really is lovely. I hope it works out when you are ready to book because it is perfect for an adults vacation... as are all the other Disney resorts :P

Hello! Newbie from England!

:welcome:

I did notice however that king bed rooms in the tower are substantially more expensive! They're around £1,000 (about $1250) more for a 14 night trip. Are they on higher floors or something? Seems strange that a lower capacity room is a lot more expensive.

At every resort that a King room is bookable, they are more expensive than a Standard room with 2 Queens. WDW figured out a long time ago that guests are willing to pay a premium to have the bigger bed.

I’m sure this question has probably been asked many times but I’ve just booked a stay at CS for May and I am wondering what section of the resort I should request for my room?
I think the best options are Cabanas and Casitas? What are the pros and cons of each?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter