Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what types of toiletries are in the rooms?

If you scroll through some of the posts on last couple pages you can see links to the instagrams. One of them has a pic of the toiletries, but I can't remember which account, sorry!

I hope those sinks are better than the ones at the Contemporary. I love a modern sink, but the ones at the CR did not drain, very strange. Hopefully these are better and have at least some slant.

Will everyone check in at the Tower now? This is pretty exciting, I wish I could go see it!!

I hope those sinks are better than the ones at the Contemporary. I love a modern sink, but the ones at the CR did not drain, very strange. Hopefully these are better and have at least some slant.

Will everyone check in at the Tower now? This is pretty exciting, I wish I could go see it!!

I read all reservations will check in at Tower!

Just got back from 5 nights at CSR. For years I avoided this hotel because I heard that it felt too “businessy,” the transportation was the pits, and it was really far out from everything.
I got a great deal through Priceline and decided to go for it. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised! We were in Ranchos 7B. Our room was convenient to pretty much nothing lol. That was pretty much my only complaint though. The buses came so frequently and the location was super close to most parks. The rooms were beautiful! So modern and smartly updated. The rain shower was great, and the handheld shower made it so easy to wash the kids. I would say the room was as nice or nicer than any of the deluxe resorts we’ve stayed in.
I also have to say that the food court employees were prob the best food court employees on property! Typically the food courts are sloooow and seems like no one wants to be there. This food court was so speedy and the people who worked there were so Disney friendly.
The pool was really cool but I would love if they offered some more shade. We didn’t get to use the hot tub but it looked amazing!
Overall I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Just got back from 5 nights at CSR. For years I avoided this hotel because I heard that it felt too “businessy,” the transportation was the pits, and it was really far out from everything.
I got a great deal through Priceline and decided to go for it. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised! We were in Ranchos 7B. Our room was convenient to pretty much nothing lol. That was pretty much my only complaint though. The buses came so frequently and the location was super close to most parks. The rooms were beautiful! So modern and smartly updated. The rain shower was great, and the handheld shower made it so easy to wash the kids. I would say the room was as nice or nicer than any of the deluxe resorts we’ve stayed in.
I also have to say that the food court employees were prob the best food court employees on property! Typically the food courts are sloooow and seems like no one wants to be there. This food court was so speedy and the people who worked there were so Disney friendly.
The pool was really cool but I would love if they offered some more shade. We didn’t get to use the hot tub but it looked amazing!

Thanks for this!!!

Love to read good reviews about the transportation as that is my biggest concern. :)

If you scroll through some of the posts on last couple pages you can see links to the instagrams. One of them has a pic of the toiletries, but I can't remember which account, sorry!
I am asking this again because with the tower opening, are they still going to give out the toiletries? Does the bathrooms in the new tower have the soap dispensers in the showers as the other resorts?

I am asking this again because with the tower opening, are they still going to give out the toiletries? Does the bathrooms in the new tower have the soap dispensers in the showers as the other resorts?

These are pix that the person posted in case you didn’t find them.
FF64D455-05DE-41ED-8880-2A8562EEA34A.pngB4EC6202-BCA7-491F-98A0-A52A58E42B05.png

Thanks for the review. I actually wanted to request Ranchos for the second half of my CRS split stay. I like the look of that section and thought with the new bridge over the lake it is probably more convenient than it used to be. Do you happen to know if there are any refill stations for the refillable mugs near Ranchos?

Thanks for the review. I actually wanted to request Ranchos for the second half of my CRS split stay. I like the look of that section and thought with the new bridge over the lake it is probably more convenient than it used to be. Do you happen to know if there are any refill stations for the refillable mugs near Ranchos?
Perhaps we missed them but we only saw refill stations at the food court. I didn’t really look elsewhere though.

It wasn’t like a 15 mile hike from our room to El Centro, but it was far enough away that when my magic band stopped opening the door I opted not to get it fixed. The ten minute walks in the Florida summer heat and humidity just wasn’t worth it to me.

The room was gorgeous though and we overlooked our own section’s quiet pool. It’s just that everywhere we went was a bit of a walk (or bus ride). If you do Ranchos, try going with 8A. That seemed closer to everything than 7B did but I’m not 100% sure on that one.

For those of you that are concerned about the clear shower doors in the tower...try suction cups with hooks and a cheap shower curtain from the dollar store.

Perhaps we missed them but we only saw refill stations at the food court. I didn’t really look elsewhere though.

It wasn’t like a 15 mile hike from our room to El Centro, but it was far enough away that when my magic band stopped opening the door I opted not to get it fixed. The ten minute walks in the Florida summer heat and humidity just wasn’t worth it to me.

The room was gorgeous though and we overlooked our own section’s quiet pool. It’s just that everywhere we went was a bit of a walk (or bus ride). If you do Ranchos, try going with 8A. That seemed closer to everything than 7B did but I’m not 100% sure on that one.
Once again thanks for your review and the recommendation regarding the building. I don’t mind walking a bit as I always tell myself that earns me an extra dessert :teeth: I hope to get a room not too far away from the quiet pool.

The Ranchos look gorgeous from the pictures... but so does the whole hotel. AKL is my favorite resort so far but I have a feeling that I will be very happy at CRS... and I just changed my first 5 nights standard tower room to a tower water view room.

Once again thanks for your review and the recommendation regarding the building. I don’t mind walking a bit as I always tell myself that earns me an extra dessert :teeth: I hope to get a room not too far away from the quiet pool.

The Ranchos look gorgeous from the pictures... but so does the whole hotel. AKL is my favorite resort so far but I have a feeling that I will be very happy at CRS... and I just changed my first 5 nights standard tower room to a tower water view room.
AKL is my favorite too! This is a different feel/vibe than AKL, but definitely still a good one. Even though this is a moderate and AKL is a deluxe, this feels more upscale. The rooms feel to be similar in size, but the CSR rooms are newly refurbed so they’re actually nicer. You’ll love it! Have a great trip!

I asked about refill station in another thread and there is a refill station at the Dig site now, but it doesn't have the exact same selection as what is in food court and only cold drinks (ie no tea/coffee)

If this tower was built else where on Disney property with its own pool...Disney could have easily classified this as a Deluxe hotel.

I think the photos are stunning and I can't wait to visit it sometime soon & also can't wait to read others reactions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter