Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been answered upthread but, with the tower opening soon, do we know what will happen to the existing lobby area? My understanding is that the Gran Destino lobby will serve as the new lobby for the whole resort, so will they be shuttering the current lobby? What would they use that space for since I know they're going to keep Mercado and Maya Grill open? Or am I just totally off base here?

When I stayed at CSR back in January I asked one of the concierge CMs this exact question as he was adding days to our tickets. He believed that it might be used as potential meeting space and/or used for conventions.

Are there bathtubs in the Tower rooms? We’re planning a visit with a 10 month old and really need a tub. Do we need to request a Tower room with a tub?
I haven't seen any photos or posts that suggests there are tubs in any of the rooms, so I suspect there aren't any, which is another reason why the tower rooms maybe won't be good for families. Clearly been designed with the conference attendee in mind rather than families.

We need a tub because my wife has a bad back and likes to have a soak, and my son is a good athlete, and soaks his legs after training sessions (which he will still be doing on holiday). So a tub is a must for us.

I haven't seen any photos or posts that suggests there are tubs in any of the rooms, so I suspect there aren't any, which is another reason why the tower rooms maybe won't be good for families. Clearly been designed with the conference attendee in mind rather than families.

We need a tub because my wife has a bad back and likes to have a soak, and my son is a good athlete, and soaks his legs after training sessions (which he will still be doing on holiday). So a tub is a must for us.

There are accessible rooms with tubs. You just have to request one if available.

Just a tip in this day and age are hotels and resorts are converting more to a walk in glass shower without a bath tub. Is actually the majority of guests prefer for this. I work in the travel industry and customer feedback drove these decisions. Hotels have more issues of elderly guess who cannot step into a tub/shower combo than thise who need a tub while on vacation. Also Many simply won’t use a “public” tub so they were rarely used.

Also with families/small children feedback Came back that a detachable shower head is preferred over a tub for smaller children. Easier to quickly shower a kid off at night than set them in the bath ( same issue of using a public tub) Of course infants is still a challenge here.

End of my long ramble: Don’t assume a hotel has a bathtub now adays as most are coverting to shower stall. Less space and cheaper to clean/ maintain. So call and check/ request

We must be in the minority then. We have 2 adults and two teens. Usually stay at the Poly where everything in the bathroom is in one room. Hasn’t been an issue for us. The two sinks come in handy. Our master bath at home has double sinks. My DH and I stand next to each other daily and brush our teeth. Looking forward to seeing these rooms next month.

I’m in the minority with you! We like having everything in 1 room because our preschooler goes to bed long before we do and I don’t want light/noise from the vanity area to bother him when we are getting ready for bed.

We also recently started giving him showers at home. So much quicker than a bath!

The Tower bathroom setup is in no way an issue for us and I’m looking forward to staying there!

I see grab and go coolers in some of the lobby/bar photos. Do we think there's a refillable mug station there as well?

Oh wow, thanks to everyone who has posted pictures they found. We arrive on Tuesday! Booked last year way before the opening date was announced so am thrilled we’ll get to experience the public spaces in the tower, and I snagged a Toledo reservation for our last night so super excited about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter