Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really worried about buses too. I’ve been here since last Thursday, the 11th. We’ve been staying in the tower, and have had no problems getting on buses. We have been at the bus stop at least one hour prior to park opening everyday though. Our first park day was DHS. We grabbed some coffee and quick food from El Mercado and ate at the bus stop. We were at the stop at 7:25 and caught the first bus at 7:35 to DHS; official park opening was 9:00. We were in the park prior to 8:00am. Rode ToT twice, RnR twice, MMRR once and were in line for smuggler’s run at 9:00am. Disney will tell you buses start running one hour before park opening. But we have caught a bus every morning that was prior to that one hour window. Every bus that has shown up at the tower stop has had a few people on it but still had enough space for everyone waiting at the stop. Even in the afternoons when we’ve come back to the room, we’ve never had an issue getting a bus back to the parks.
What time did they let you in to ride the rides at DHS if opening was 9 and you were there prior to 8? Just curious..

I’m here now. Went to the pool last Saturday and today. They have lounge chairs grouped together in 2s, 3s, and 4s, and spaced out from other groups. Saturday the chairs never filled up and I never really thought about capacity. Today at about 2:30 they closed all of the gate entrances except one and they were monitoring capacity. It lasted for about an hour or so. They basically only let enough people in to fill those chairs and not more than that. I didn’t notice anyone getting turned away though.

thank you! The fact that they’re monitoring for capacity makes me feel better about it!

I am at CSR now (Presidents Day) and with the Casistas stop closed, the morning buses are full by the time get to the Ranchos stop. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be at the Tower. Ease of transportation is really the only perk for staying onsite, so IMHO Disney should up its game on the buses.
And yes, the pool bar and grill are both closed at 6 pm. Huge disappointment.

I am at CSR now (Presidents Day) and with the Casistas stop closed, the morning buses are full by the time get to the Ranchos stop. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be at the Tower. Ease of transportation is really the only perk for staying onsite, so IMHO Disney should up its game on the buses.
And yes, the pool bar and grill are both closed at 6 pm. Huge disappointment.
I have to be fair and update- the buses have been great today!

I just happen to look on my MDE as I'm checking in on Thurs. and it was updated to this.. TwrStdK WChrAcc Tub OptHr K Does anyone know what this means?

Tower, Standard View, wheel chair accessible tub. May be a King.

What room type did you book?
Was Preferred King so I knew they would have to put me somewhere else, but we're not handicapped, I was worried that's what it meant, I'm the type of person that doesn't like to take those away from those who may really need them. Do you think I need to call?

Was Preferred King so I knew they would have to put me somewhere else, but we're not handicapped, I was worried that's what it meant, I'm the type of person that doesn't like to take those away from those who may really need them. Do you think I need to call?

I should probably caveat - that was my interpretation of what that code means. Usually you can 'read into' what it says and make educated assessments, but I'm not 100% certain. Hopefully someone more up to speed on accessible rooms can chime in. But I 'assume' TwrStdK WChrAcc Tub OptHr K is probably this room:

Tower - Standard View - King Bed. Wheelchair accessible with tub and option for hearing accessibility. 1 king bed.

Sleeps up to 2 Adults
  • Wheelchair-Accessible Route in Room
    Grab Bars at Toilet and Tub
    Optional Communication Features for Guests with Hearing Disabilities Include:
    Visual Alarm
    Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
    Visual Telephone Call Alert
    Telephone with Volume Control
    Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
    TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In
    These features are guaranteed and do not require an extra charge.

You can see a few photos on Disney's website if you toggle "accessible room" when you search. The only notable pic you may want to look at is the tub (which is an unusual feature as most Tower rooms have showers). I've cut/paste it below. At least if this pic is accurate there are two sinks and the counter looks only slightly modified vs the regular rooms.

But as to your question - in theory those that need an accessible room would have specifically booked them, so I don't really view it as 'taking one away' if Disney opts to give you an accessible room.

If this were me, I'd stick with the Tower upgrade over your Preferred King room. The tub seems like possibly a small concession. And if you get in the room and it just doesn't work for you, ask to see what you can do then.

But if it's bugging you, it doesn't hurt to call. Since Casitas is closed for the NBA G-League they are going to need to move you somewhere anyway given your original room category.

I've had some WDW accessible rooms you otherwise wouldn't know were accessible if not for a grab bar or two around the bath. We had a room one time at AKL where everything was low.... bed, sink counter (which in this room was just one sink, not the usual double), awkward shower, and some various other things which we really didn't like at all (relative to the non-accessible rooms).

Anyway - I hope that is helpful. Let us know what you do / how it goes.

Last edited:
I didn't realize they assign rooms before your arrival day. I thought they assigned them on the day you arrive. Is that standard now if you do online check in?

MJ

I didn't realize they assign rooms before your arrival day. I thought they assigned them on the day you arrive. Is that standard now if you do online check in?

MJ

They do assign rooms several days in advance, but that info has previously not be a normal part of the info they show on the app. The PP is the 4th or 5th person I've now seen report the room type showing up in the app several days before check-in. Seems they've tinkered with something!

DD and I had a one-night stay at Pop on Thursday before my family arrives and we're going to go rent a house and chill. Maybe hit a couple of park days. Bad weather coming our way for our Thursday flight and the house rental is non-refundable. So I booked a flight at 12:50 p.m., added 2 nights to my reservation at 1:05, called DME after that to change our day, and 2;15 on the way to the airport (I've impulse traveled but OMG never like this. So glad we had already packed).

Anyways, to get back on topic ;). So we're here at Pop and we're eating outside earlier and DD14 starts talking about CSR. Then she says she loved the serenity of it and the layout. Turns out she likes CSR as much as I do :).

They do assign rooms several days in advance, but that info has previously not be a normal part of the info they show on the app. The PP is the 4th or 5th person I've now seen report the room type showing up in the app several days before check-in. Seems they've tinkered with something!
Ya know, I noticed that last month. At the time I thought maybe I'd just never noticed it before!

Edited to add, I noticed it because it said we were in the Tower when I'd booked a split stay (first half Standard at CSR and 2nd at the Tower). My actual reservation still said Standard about 3 days before but somewhere in the details it noted Tower. Sure enough, when we got there, they'd merged our reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter