Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t say Rix was horrible. It’s “okay”. I just wouldn’t go out of my way to eat there again. Three Bridges was pretty good though. And a nice atmosphere.

It does look better and more interesting. My kids are picky though so maybe we will get them "boring" food and just get Three bridges ourselves.

Sorry for the potential repeat...what is the bus situation from CSR to the parks? I'm crazy about getting to the parks early, so, for example, if I want to be at MK at 8:00 for a 9:00 opening are the buses running early enough to achieve this? If someone could post the CSR bus order pickup again, that would be helpful thanks.

We actually cancelled our ADR at Rix for our check out day. I wanted to have a good breakfast before we flew. But we had breakfast there on an earlier day and it was so disappointing, especially for the price, I didn’t want to waste our time eating there again.
Bummer. I just made a reservation for our checkout day so we could have a big meal before we had to fly. What was bad about it? There really aren’t any alternatives.

Would you guys ever pick Rix or Three Bridges for dinner over a TS / QS at Hollywood studios? I have never been super excited over the food options at HS. Most have mixed reviews in general, but the only places we have ever eaten is ABC (which I don't like) and Melrose (which is OK). So that day we didn't make any ADR's. Our thoughts were to grab some food from RIX or Three bridges instead. But we have never eaten at either of them. And just like many of the HS offerings they both have mixed reviews.

So what would you guys do? Hit up something in HS or settle for CSR? We are eating at a lot of good places at the other parks already so this would be a one time deal.
You could also walk from DHS to the boardwalk area. There's ESPN club, Big River Grille, Trattoria al Forno, Flying Fish, Boardwalk Bakery, Beaches & Cream, Cape May Cafe, Ale & Compass, Yachtsman, etc.

You could also walk from DHS to the boardwalk area. There's ESPN club, Big River Grille, Trattoria al Forno, Flying Fish, Boardwalk Bakery, Beaches & Cream, Cape May Cafe, Ale & Compass, Yachtsman, etc.

We are going to be at Disney for a week and I have tried to get Beaches and Cream at all different times and days but can't snag a reservation and the walk up counter is closed. I mean I spent hours trying to get in there. Good luck to whoever tries.

MJ

How long if a walk is it? And how do you get back to your resort?

I hate to be ‘that person’ with this response, but just for the sake of clarity I wanted to note that ESPN Zone, Flying Fish, Cape May, and Yachtsman are all currently closed.

Sorry for the potential repeat...what is the bus situation from CSR to the parks? I'm crazy about getting to the parks early, so, for example, if I want to be at MK at 8:00 for a 9:00 opening are the buses running early enough to achieve this? If someone could post the CSR bus order pickup again, that would be helpful thanks.

Buses are always one of those ‘variable’ topics so sometimes people hesitate to answer (I know I do!). One day the first bus might arrive at 7:45 and then the next day not until 8:30 (and all shades in between). Some of the rope drop bus stories at CSR since reopening have been really all over the place it seems - you’ll read highs and lows over time.

I think arriving at MK by 8am may be a stretch, but getting yourself in position to be on the first MK bus that arrives that day will ensure you’re among the first folks at MK. To me, that probably means getting to the bus stop at 7:30am at a minimum - even if it means you’re just sitting there waiting for a bit.

Park buses go Casitas-Ranchos-Cabanas-GDT. DS buses go in the opposite order.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Ok this is a strange question but... can someone tell me how the water tastes out of the faucet in the standard rooms? We have seen some locations taste fine and some have that sulphur smell/ taste ( youknow- that Florida water taste:rotfl:) I am bringing k- cups because we drink a lot of coffee. We are stopping and getting cases of water and need to know if I need gallons also to make coffee with.
During our Dec 2018 trip, I SWEAR the CSR water tasted like filtered water out of the faucet. We stayed one night at POP before switching and it was the usual Florida swamp water, but so much better when we moved to CSR. I was sure they must have added a filtration system.

But, then again, maybe I was just so in love with Coronado that I was blind to anything negative. :rolleyes:

Buses are always one of those ‘variable’ topics so sometimes people hesitate to answer (I know I do!). One day the first bus might arrive at 7:45 and then the next day not until 8:30 (and all shades in between). Some of the rope drop bus stories at CSR since reopening have been really all over the place it seems - you’ll read highs and lows over time.

I think arriving at MK by 8am may be a stretch, but getting yourself in position to be on the first MK bus that arrives that day will ensure you’re among the first folks at MK. To me, that probably means getting to the bus stop at 7:30am at a minimum - even if it means you’re just sitting there waiting for a bit.

Park buses go Casitas-Cabanas-Ranchos-GDT. DS buses go in the opposite order.

Hope that helps!

Oh I thought the Cabana's were next to GDT and Rancho's were between Cabana's and Casita's. So do the buses for some reason skip Rancho's, then double back after Cabana's or am I confused on the lay out?

Oh I thought the Cabana's were next to GDT and Rancho's were between Cabana's and Casita's. So do the buses for some reason skip Rancho's, then double back after Cabana's or am I confused on the lay out?

Actually, yikes, I wrote it wrong - I’ll edit. MY BAD!!! Sorry about that.

How long if a walk is it? And how do you get back to your resort?
Depending on whether you're walking to boardwalk or beach club, it's between 1/5 mile to 1 mile, I believe. You could take the friendship boat too if you didn't want to walk. Then take that (or walk) back to hollywood studios to CSR.

I hate to be ‘that person’ with this response, but just for the sake of clarity I wanted to note that ESPN Zone, Flying Fish, Cape May, and Yachtsman are all currently closed.
And yes, I suppose it depends on when you're going. Check first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter