Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I requested a lower floor in the tower via the chat feature in the app and told it was noted. We have a standard view booked. When we arrived on Friday we were assigned room 737 which I assume is a standard view but went to front desk before going up and they were able to change us to a room on the 5th floor - 575. This room is all the way at the end facing the water (not the main lake with the fountain but the one near the cabanas). Is this considered a water view? It is a nice view and we see Magic Kingdom fireworks clearly. Except for the long walk from the elevator, I like the room.

Last edited:
I requested a lower floor in the tower via the chat feature in the app and told it was noted. We have a standard view booked. When we arrived on Friday we were assigned room 737 which I assume is a standard view but went to front desk before going up and they were able to change us to a room on the 5th floor - 757. This room is all the way at the end facing the water (not the main lake with the fountain but the one near the cabanas). Is this considered a water view? It is a nice view and we see Magic Kingdom fireworks clearly. Except for the long walk from the elevator, I like the room.

According to Touring Plans, 0757 (which is on the 7th floor) is a Deluxe Suite. But the views on that side are considered Standard View. Water View in the Tower is over the main lake with the fountain.

We stayed at GDT in April and had a great room at far end of corridor where there were I think four rooms it was a great location as there was space outside our door to park ECV during day in between our trips out of room without it being in anyone’s way. It was on 9th floor although I assume there would be same room on each floor...I think room number was 975 but I just cannot remember for sure. I have checked on TP room maps but can’t navigate to a room 975 or figure out a room number that correlates to the room I want to request. If anyone is currently at GDT and in one of those end rooms on floors 5-14 could you please let me know room number to request ?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping to find my resort receipt with the room number but I must have deleted.

Has anyone been able to get a late checkout at Coronado springs?
I know Disney hotels usually don’t but since a lot of conventions happen here I would assume they get a lot of requests for this ability.
Also, is a corner room a bigger or better room then a non corner room?

If booked in the Tower - Water View - will any of the fireworks be visible from the room?
No, but you might get a great view of Expedition Everest, we had fun watching the coasters go up :). Not ever water view has this though I don't think. We were in the center of GDT in June and had to squish to the right of the window's edge to see the Mtn. Either way, the water views are lovely!

We stayed at GDT in April and had a great room at far end of corridor where there were I think four rooms it was a great location as there was space outside our door to park ECV during day in between our trips out of room without it being in anyone’s way. It was on 9th floor although I assume there would be same room on each floor...I think room number was 975 but I just cannot remember for sure. I have checked on TP room maps but can’t navigate to a room 975 or figure out a room number that correlates to the room I want to request. If anyone is currently at GDT and in one of those end rooms on floors 5-14 could you please let me know room number to request ?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping to find my resort receipt with the room number but I must have deleted.
I'm not there now, but we stayed in Room 773 last November (I just went back and found my old post in this thread to double-check). It was far from the elevator all the way down, turn left when you come out of the elevator areas. There were only a handful of rooms there, four doors sounds about right. The location was very quiet and views were nice, and that part of it we loved.

One thing I want to note in case it affects you too, is the lower floors in that small area - those huge fans below were too loud for me. (although other people might find it to be great white noise :) ). Higher floors probably wouldn't hear it nearly as much.
I live outside DC surrounded by highway buzz and living near a major airport where planes are constantly overhead, but those fans were driving me nuts.

We use Touring Plans and utilize the room request feature (worked for us before) and we booked water view in Tower and specifically asked for a west-facing room because those have the best view of Everest!!!

Fingers crossed! :D

No, but you might get a great view of Expedition Everest, we had fun watching the coasters go up :). Not ever water view has this though I don't think. We were in the center of GDT in June and had to squish to the right of the window's edge to see the Mtn. Either way, the water views are lovely!

I'm not there now, but we stayed in Room 773 last November (I just went back and found my old post in this thread to double-check). It was far from the elevator all the way down, turn left when you come out of the elevator areas. There were only a handful of rooms there, four doors sounds about right. The location was very quiet and views were nice, and that part of it we loved.

One thing I want to note in case it affects you too, is the lower floors in that small area - those huge fans below were too loud for me. (although other people might find it to be great white noise :) ). Higher floors probably wouldn't hear it nearly as much.
I live outside DC surrounded by highway buzz and living near a major airport where planes are constantly overhead, but those fans were driving me nuts.

Yeah, I generally think that GDT looks and feels like a building built with a decent budget. It’s not Four Seasons level style and finishes, but it’s not cheaply built either (which is the impression I get when I walk in Riv - sorry Riv fans!). But that cooling tower stack on that side of the building was a bad value engineering choice, IMO. Makes noise and is rather unsightly. It’s like the one overall layout/construction design element that feels cheap to me.

I haven’t stayed in those rooms but wondered what it was like, so thanks for the report.

They are listed on the WDW website as Casitas - 1 Bedroom Suite
Oh really? Hmm, I thought those were a totally different room type? 🤔 It is double the cost of what I paid and looking at the room tours it's slightly larger with a whole dining area. The junior suite we stayed in was basically two rooms connected by a door with a king bed in one and a pull out couch in the other :)

You guys, I feel like it's actually happening!!! I haven't been letting myself get too excited...

Haven't been back to Disney since 2017, delayed this trip twice due to everything...and here I am, October coming fast!!!

I'm so excited to stay here. And there's so much new to us, even Toy Story Land wasn't built last time we were there!!!

Thank you sooo much sounds like exactly where the room we stayed in!

Oh really? Hmm, I thought those were a totally different room type? 🤔 It is double the cost of what I paid and looking at the room tours it's slightly larger with a whole dining area. The junior suite we stayed in was basically two rooms connected by a door with a king bed in one and a pull out couch in the other :)
If you click on the link and scroll down to Casitas - 1 bedroom, then click on view photos , you'll see it is just two connecting rooms.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/coronado-springs-resort/rates-rooms/

Yeah, I generally think that GDT looks and feels like a building built with a decent budget. It’s not Four Seasons level style and finishes, but it’s not cheaply built either (which is the impression I get when I walk in Riv - sorry Riv fans!). But that cooling tower stack on that side of the building was a bad value engineering choice, IMO. Makes noise and is rather unsightly. It’s like the one overall layout/construction design element that feels cheap to me.

I haven’t stayed in those rooms but wondered what it was like, so thanks for the report.
When we were there, I had to stop looking down lol. I'm not sure it affects all four rooms though; at the time I was trying to determine from standing outside but wasn't sure. There was also more "muck" on the windows, I'm guessing since the fans probably kicked it up from the water, etc. I wouldn't stay in that particular room again.

Honestly, if not for being in the midst of the pandemic, I would have asked to be moved because the noise really was too much for me, but I didn't want to do that since the room would have needed to be deep cleaned again. Plus, I'd booked a few nights at GDT, but then later added a couple of nights at CSR on a great deal from Hotwire for standard rooms - seemed wrong to ask to be moved since they combined reservations to continue our stay in the tower continuously and it was an upgrade.

But to do over, I'd choose standard rooms in another building than those fans ;)

You guys, I feel like it's actually happening!!! I haven't been letting myself get too excited...

Haven't been back to Disney since 2017, delayed this trip twice due to everything...and here I am, October coming fast!!!

I'm so excited to stay here. And there's so much new to us, even Toy Story Land wasn't built last time we were there!!!
It's gonna be so fun for you guys!! So much more to see!
I think you're going to love the tower too, that Everest view is awesome :). You can see the top of the Tree of Life too.

If booked in the Tower - Water View - will any of the fireworks be visible from the room?

The “better” fireworks views from GDT are from the other side of the building that face Epcot.

From some Tower Water View rooms you’ll be able to see MK fireworks in the far off distance - but it’s generally too far to have much viewing value, IMO.

I just know Barcelona will be back to normal hours and beverages by your trip. You’ve waited long enough, it better be!

I'll be back next week for a board meeting. Just happy Maya Grill is once again open for my dining pleasure! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter