Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Thank you! How early were you waiting for the boat to MK? How much time should I allow to get from cabin to boat? Can I drive my cart to that area and park until we return?

Welcome! We had a cart also. Yes, there is cart parking by the marina (close to the beach, by the side of the store). Makes it very easy to get to and from your cabin to the boats. I'd give yourself at least 20 minutes just to be safe. We loved EMM. We also did Hollywood Studios (went during spring break). Enjoy!

Welcome! We had a cart also. Yes, there is cart parking by the marina (close to the beach, by the side of the store). Makes it very easy to get to and from your cabin to the boats. I'd give yourself at least 20 minutes just to be safe. We loved EMM. We also did Hollywood Studios (went during spring break). Enjoy!
Yay! Thank you!

Thank you for the information! This is helpful. I was curious too once promotions were released for March of 2019 if anyone was able to get a better rate with either a general public discount or Annual Pass and what that rate was?

I’m AP & could get no AP rates at all for our cabin trip this March. Nothing was left. I was able to snag a Florida resident rate but that was still pretty steep.

Question for former Fort stayers - we are coming in August for 8 days have park hopper plus passes. We are a party of 5 staying in the cabins and want to try to experience the Fort and what it has to offer. The youngest is 12, my other daughter is 20 and is bringing her bf. What are the “must dos” that we should make an effort to experience?

Internal bus question.

Day trip to Trails End dinner then MK After Hours party.
I do believe we have to park at the front, and take an internal bus to Trails End for dinner (a family favorite)
After dinner, the ferry to MK for the After Hours Party.

QUESTION - do the internal buses run 24 hours? we will be coming back to the FT Wilderness after 1:00am from the party, via Ferry, then internal bus back to the car at the front of the camp grounds.

Internal bus question.

I do believe we have to park at the front, and take an internal bus to Trails End for dinner (a family favorite)

QUESTION - do the internal buses run 24 hours? we will be coming back to the FT Wilderness after 1:00am from the party, via Ferry, then internal bus back to the car at the front of the camp grounds.

I believe on the MK after hours thread, they said the ferry doesn't run that late. You will have to ride the bus back, possibly sharing with Wilderness Lodge. Which should work better anyway, since that goes to the front. Then you can just get to your car without using the internal bus. We are also going to MK after hours and are staying in the cabins. I've been reading up on this, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Question for former Fort stayers - we are coming in August for 8 days have park hopper plus passes. We are a party of 5 staying in the cabins and want to try to experience the Fort and what it has to offer. The youngest is 12, my other daughter is 20 and is bringing her bf. What are the “must dos” that we should make an effort to experience?
I believe this question is best asked on the Camping Forum, not here on the Resorts Forum.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

I believe on the MK after hours thread, they said the ferry doesn't run that late. You will have to ride the bus back, possibly sharing with Wilderness Lodge. Which should work better anyway, since that goes to the front. Then you can just get to your car without using the internal bus. We are also going to MK after hours and are staying in the cabins. I've been reading up on this, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
We stayed in the cabins during spring. We did EMH at MK one night. The ferry was running at about 1am. And it was a shared ferry between Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge.

We stayed in the cabins during spring. We did EMH at MK one night. The ferry was running at about 1am. And it was a shared ferry between Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks for the info! I think the OP would still be better off riding the bus back, since their car will be in the front of the Fort. That way they can bypass the internal bus completely. So how late do the internal buses run? We, on the other hand, will need it! I don't fancy walking back to my cabin, in the dark, after such a LONG night at MK.

Thanks for the info! I think the OP would still be better off riding the bus back, since their car will be in the front of the Fort. That way they can bypass the internal bus completely. So how late do the internal buses run? We, on the other hand, will need it! I don't fancy walking back to my cabin, in the dark, after such a LONG night at MK.
I'm not sure on the exact time the internal buses stop running but I would assume after the park buses and ferries stop running. We used an internal bus that night and it was around 1am. We were in the cabin loop closest to the front of the resort, so that would have been a LONG walk.

I can't confirm but was told at check in that there are not buses from the MK to the Fort. I don't know if that's different after special ticketed events.

I'm not sure on the exact time the internal buses stop running but I would assume after the park buses and ferries stop running. We used an internal bus that night and it was around 1am. We were in the cabin loop closest to the front of the resort, so that would have been a LONG walk.

I can't confirm but was told at check in that there are not buses from the MK to the Fort. I don't know if that's different after special ticketed events.

Thank you! I will be sure to find out what our options are, before we go to AH that night.

So, I thought we had officially decided to stay in a cabin next spring break in March. I thought it would be a lovely, quiet get away from what I am anticipating to be the craziness of the parks at spring break. Now though, I’m really nervous about the construction.
Does anyone have a timeline of construction on the resort? I saw how big the footprint is, do you think it will have any impact on the serenity of the cabins? What would you do? Would you still book a cabin, or should I start looking for another option?

So, I thought we had officially decided to stay in a cabin next spring break in March. I thought it would be a lovely, quiet get away from what I am anticipating to be the craziness of the parks at spring break. Now though, I’m really nervous about the construction.
Does anyone have a timeline of construction on the resort? I saw how big the footprint is, do you think it will have any impact on the serenity of the cabins? What would you do? Would you still book a cabin, or should I start looking for another option?
I would not expect the construction to impact the cabins...the cabins loops aren't that close to that area. You would hopefully only see/hear the construction when you are near the marina or Pioneer Hall. We were in the cabin loop closest to the main entrance which is about a mile to the marina. We did the cabins at spring break and loved it - quiet, peaceful and a really nice break from the parks. I would suggest requesting a loop close to the main entrance if you decided to stay here.

I
I would not expect the construction to impact the cabins...the cabins loops aren't that close to that area. You would hopefully only see/hear the construction when you are near the marina or Pioneer Hall. We were in the cabin loop closest to the main entrance which is about a mile to the marina. We did the cabins at spring break and loved it - quiet, peaceful and a really nice break from the parks. I would suggest requesting a loop close to the main entrance if you decided to stay here.

Thank you for the kind reply. It’s certainly what I was hoping to hear.

I’m currently over on the campground forum...stalking construction updates

Internal bus question.

You could also park at MK, monorail or ferry to the front of MK and grab the Fort boat that is dead center to the entrance to the park. This avoids having to use any internal Fort transportation since Trails End is next to the dock. Then the boat back to the entrance of MK for the After Hours party. MK transportation will be running to the parking lot and it will minimize transportation at the end of the night.

Thank you! I will be sure to find out what our options are, before we go to AH that night.
Just FYI, when we went to FW last January/Feb, we did DAH and loved it. We were assured the boats would be going when we left. Well, we went to leave around 10-1030 (DAH was 8-11), and the boats had stopped for the water pageant, running again TBD. We were turned away from the dock and told to ride a bus to WL and take a bus from there to FW. About 10 of us were waiting at WL for minimum 20 minutes, probably closer to 30, no bus in sight. Bus finally came, but everyone was exhausted and ready to turn in. If we encounter this again with the boats stopped, I will splurge on a Minnie Van.

Does anyone know if the beach is still open or has construction on Reflections already shut it down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter