• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Ok I've been reading lots of stuff, and I apologize if this has been answered already, but I am confused!

Last year at POR I got a QS breakfast that consisted of a large Mickey waffle, some bacon, and strawberries. It was a QS credit. Where can I get something like that around Fort Wilderness? Because what I'm reading is that at Trail's End to Go and at Roaring Fork, all there is for QS breakfast is stuff like muffins and rolls and danishes.

I want some actual food for breakfast! I don't want to use a table service credit for breakfast and I don't understand how I could have had such a good and filling breakfast last year at POR and now all that is available is donuts and coffee!!!

I am still trying to figure out how to do quotes easily so bear with me everyone!

I am wondering the same thing... my daughter wants Mickey waffles and as far as I can tell, the only way to get them is to use 1TS... so I'm right there with ya and hoping for an encouraging answer. Otherwise, I may have to bring a mickey waffle iron onto the plane.... (oh please, no!!)

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, ladies :flower3: but there isn't a food court at FW. While they do have Mickey Waffles at Trail's End Buffet, it is a TS meal. You can get the take-out Bounty Breakfast which is like eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast....but no waffles:worried:. If you were going to the MK for the day, you could take the first boat out to WL and have breakfast at the Roaring Fork to get the waffles, or maybe the CR. Kinda crazy, isn't it? I've never thought about the quick service options until you brought it up. I guess Disney assumes that most people eat/cook in the cabins or campers. I'm like y'all....really don't want to clean up any big mess on vacation :laughing: or use a TS credit for that particular buffet. The Meadow Snack Bar does have QS options for lunch which are pretty good.

Although not what you wanted to hear, I hope that clears up the questions about Trail's End ;) Maybe we should put in a request at FW when we're there....."QS Mickey Waffles, PLEASE" :teeth: If y'all find out anything different, let us know. I think you two go before we do.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, ladies :flower3: but there isn't a food court at FW. While they do have Mickey Waffles at Trail's End Buffet, it is a TS meal. You can get the take-out Bounty Breakfast which is like eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast....but no waffles:worried:. If you were going to the MK for the day, you could take the first boat out to WL and have breakfast at the Roaring Fork to get the waffles, or maybe the CR. Kinda crazy, isn't it? I've never thought about the quick service options until you brought it up. I guess Disney assumes that most people eat/cook in the cabins or campers. I'm like y'all....really don't want to clean up any big mess on vacation :laughing: or use a TS credit for that particular buffet. The Meadow Snack Bar does have QS options for lunch which are pretty good.

Although not what you wanted to hear, I hope that clears up the questions about Trail's End ;) Maybe we should put in a request at FW when we're there....."QS Mickey Waffles, PLEASE" :teeth: If y'all find out anything different, let us know. I think you two go before we do.

So we can get QS breakfast, takeout, at Trail's End? It's just not Waffles, right?

Does the Roaring Fork have QS waffles?! I didn't see that?! If so, that would probably work for us!

It's great to know about the Quick Service. We'll just plan around it. We don't usually eat much at the resort but once in awhile we do a QS meal. Cool to know we can go over WL for Roaring Forks. We leave in 9 days and arrive at WDW in 11!!!!

Does the Roaring Fork have QS waffles?! I didn't see that?! If so, that would probably work for us!
Yes, and they are YUMMY! Different toppings, a different one for each day. My DH just loves them butter and syrup!:thumbsup2

http://www.jcpenney.com/for-the-hom...key-mouse-waffle-maker/prod.jump?ppId=1d1fd2f

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Come one, come all! BYOS (Bring Your Own Syrup!)

But seriously... in theory, one could order this a few days before you leave, to be shipped to FW, and tadahhhhhh.... Mickey Waffles every morning! Then, just pretend you bought it in the parks and it's a souvenir...
:lmao: I love Mickey Waffles, but they never taste as good when you have to cook them yourself :rolleyes1

29 days til we arrive at the FORT!!!!
:yay:

And don't ask Pas about packing :rotfl: She's dead serious about packing the day of the trip....or maybe the night before if the family is lucky:p
Pack-crastination at its finest...is there a Last to pack award ;)

You're absolutely right!!! Adding a CL day is really too much....DH would NOT go for that. We return on a Saturday. The hubby likes to have a day to recoup before he has to return to work.
I don't blame your DH, it's a harsh reality returning home.:sick: We will hopefully be home on Labor Day..then kids usually start school that Wednesday.:guilty:

Very much enjoying this thread. We will be arriving at the Cabins in a little less than 2 weeks.

We originally booked for AKL back in October for a splurge, then family members asked to join so we switched to ASMu then they had to drop out. We decided to stick to ASMu and then I got a PIN codethe other day. So yesterday we switched our trip to a cabin. Very much looking forward to it. We've stayed at All Star Several times CBR once, POP once and off site once.

We always ask Disney questions at the dinner table and the answer to "If you could stay at any resort what would it be?" is "the cabins" from my daughter.

I haven't read through everything yet but feel the need to get up to speed quickly.

So thank you to all of you that have posted so much great information.
:dance3: So close!!!

Pas...You're the best!!! :worship:Thanks for clearing up our Mickey Waffle questions. And yep! You win the "Pack-crastination" award by a landslide :laughing:

Grumpymom73... :dance3: :cool1: :woohoo: TIME TO START PACKING...no matter what "Pas the Pack-crastination Queen" may say :laughing: She's an ol' pro at it...she's been to Disney like 125 times ::yes::Ok...since you will be there really soon, I have a request :rolleyes1 Ask them if you can get a Mickey Waffle at the Trail's End To-Go :teeth: I'm curious to see what they will say.

CaraMiaBelle ... I'm fairly certain that you can get a QS breakfast there, To-Go of course. Our friendly Grumpymom may be able to confirm that shortly...like in a couple of weeks:goodvibes

C&G'sMama...You're gonna be there in 11 days??!!! :woohoo::yay::dance3: How excited are you??!! You could also check on our Waffle dilemma:rolleyes1:teeth: Maybe get some pictures for us...:goodvibes

mousetrip....What a great find!!! :worship: Mickey Waffles every morning! Unfortunately you'll be doing the dishes unless that "new" pin code comes your way and you get Donald as a maid ;)

Gotta have this thing!!!

Two new (very cute) Clydesdale horses have just joined the Tri-Circle-D ranch family...

NewClydes-613x817.jpg

One week from tomorrow we will be at our cabin!! So looking forward to it :)
:banana::banana::banana:

Pas...You're the best!!! :worship:Thanks for clearing up our Mickey Waffle questions. And yep! You win the "Pack-crastination" award by a landslide :laughing:

Awesome :banana: I'd like to accept this award with thanks to my DH who enables me, and for my children who already are packing for summer :laughing: Miss Bree will be using a Jessie backpack....hmmm no Cinderella backpack this time, maybe she would like to come see those awesome horses :lovestruc

Grumpymom73... :dance3: :cool1: :woohoo: TIME TO START PACKING...no matter what "Pas the Pack-crastination Queen" may say :laughing: She's an ol' pro at it...she's been to Disney like 125 times ::yes::Ok...since you will be there really soon, I have a request :rolleyes1 Ask them if you can get a Mickey Waffle at the Trail's End To-Go :teeth: I'm curious to see what they will say.=
:hug:

And that's a great idea Heather, why NOT give Mickey Waffles to go:thumbsup2

Kook:worship: I love that picture!!

Pas.

C&G'sMama...You're gonna be there in 11 days??!!! :woohoo::yay::dance3: How excited are you??!! You could also check on our Waffle dilemma:rolleyes1:teeth: Maybe get some pictures for us...:goodvibes

Okay, I'll be a trooper and check out the Waffle situation... if I must :rolleyes1

My partner does a blog with pictures of all of our food so getting pictures will not be an issue! The kids know not to touch their food 'til mommy takes a picture :goodvibes

Okay, I'll be a trooper and check out the Waffle situation... if I must :rolleyes1

My partner does a blog with pictures of all of our food so getting pictures will not be an issue! The kids know not to touch their food 'til mommy takes a picture :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 I have the Mission Impossible theme humming in my head now :rotfl::magnify:

HI All-
We've never camped at FW before and I am wondering about check out...do we really have to stop and check out or can we just pack up and leave like we do at hotels?
Thanks!

Thanks for posting this dear KOOK :goodvibes You're always johnny-on-the-spot with news!!! Aren't they beautiful!!??

OH MY GOSH - they are gorgeous!! I happen to live a few miles from where Anhueser Busch raises their Clydes, so they have a special place in my heart, so glad we can see these pretty boys when we come! Thank you for sharing!

No kidding! Bet they are quite grand roaming around in green fields....or do they have them in a small fenced area? DH use to work for Anheuser-Busch (many moons ago) so we're a bit fond of them, too.

:lmao: This cracks me up....it's so me!!! Great minds think alike! People probably look at us like we're crazy when we sit down to dine. 50 pictures must be snapped before one can eat :snooty:

Can't wait to see her blog!!!! :cheer2:

I'd like to accept this award with thanks to my DH who enables me, and for my children who already are packing for summer Miss Bree will be using a Jessie backpack....hmmm no Cinderella backpack this time, maybe she would like to come see those awesome horses

:rotfl: You accept with such grace and humbleness my friend :teeth: And kudos to Miss Bree...sounds like we would get along perfectly :laughing:

HI All-
We've never camped at FW before and I am wondering about check out...do we really have to stop and check out or can we just pack up and leave like we do at hotels?
Thanks!

Hi there :wave:

Are you camping in a tent/camper or staying in a cabin? Not sure about a camp site (but I can find out:thumbsup2) If you're staying in a cabin, check-out time is before 11:00am. Later check out may be requested. Express check-out is available to guests with American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Disney Credit Card, Discover, Diners Club or JCB. I would assume that the campsites are the same...but will double check.

hstrickland - the Missouri Clydesdales have it made... they have a beautiful ranch with rolling hills. See www.warmspringsranch.com to see! We have toured it and I wanted to take one home but they frown on that. :confused3 I wonder if the clydes at FW will be put in parades- sure hope so! In fact, this make sense- they are working on a new parade so....yay!!!

Grumpymom73... :dance3: :cool1: :woohoo: TIME TO START PACKING...no matter what "Pas the Pack-crastination Queen" may say :laughing: She's an ol' pro at it...she's been to Disney like 125 times ::yes::Ok...since you will be there really soon, I have a request :rolleyes1 Ask them if you can get a Mickey Waffle at the Trail's End To-Go :teeth: I'm curious to see what they will say.

Haven't started packing yet. :rolleyes1 Hope to start this weekend.

I will try and check out the Mickey Waffle situation. The lack of food options is IMO the only negative about FW. However, there are so many positives that it really doesn't matter.

mousetrip....What a great find!!! :worship: Mickey Waffles every morning! Unfortunately you'll be doing the dishes unless that "new" pin code comes your way and you get Donald as a maid ;)

I could be wrong as I have never tried it but......doesn't Mousekeeping load and run the dishwasher for you? I thought I read that somewhere. We just bring paper plates, cups, and plastic wear. I hate doing dishes at home I REFUSE on vacation. :rotfl2:

Gotta have this thing!!!

I have one of those! Love it :thumbsup2

HI All-
Thanks!

No need to stop and check out. If you have left a credit card on file you can just pack up and go.

7 days and counting:banana::banana::banana:

So I was trying to decide how to add a couple of days to our trip :rolleyes1 We started off planning this trip with only one resort....then added FW. Now I think it would be beneficial to add another day here or there. Not sure what DH will say, though. He doesn't get overly excited when I upgrade, add on days, add restaurants, etc. :laughing: And I've already already promised I wouldn't "upgrade" anything. :scratchin

Every now and then I have to check out my wife's threads, and this is why. Now I know what she's been up to. And no I don't get too excited about her add ons although it has become part of life. What she isn't telling you is that her 6 day trip turned into a 12 day.

By the way, I'm Heather's husband; the one who funds this madness.

Every now and then I have to check out my wife's threads, and this is why. Now I know what she's been up to. And no I don't get too excited about her add ons although it has become part of life. What she isn't telling you is that her 6 day trip turned into a 12 day.

By the way, I'm Heather's husband; the one who funds this madness.

I love this! Hello, Heather's husband. The phrase "You're a good man, Charlie Brown." comes to mind....

Every now and then I have to check out my wife's threads, and this is why. Now I know what she's been up to. And no I don't get too excited about her add ons although it has become part of life. What she isn't telling you is that her 6 day trip turned into a 12 day. By the way, I'm Heather's husband; the one who funds this madness.

Umm Heather, I think you've been busted!!

Fishin, you sound like my dh. He doesn't always enjoy my madness but he lives me and tolerates it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter