Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Thank you for the information everyone. I think we are good with the transportation.

I have a follow-up question. My wife, the 18 month old, and I will be staying in the bedroom and my mom sleeping on the bed in the family area. We assume we will be using a pack & play still and I couldn't tell from the pictures if one would fit in the room.

Does anyone know?
I don’t think it would fit next to the bed, as the space is kind of narrow between the bed and the bunk beds which are next to it. Might fit at the foot of the bed.

Haven't stayed in the Cabins since the rehab. Was wondering if they still replenish the coffee filter and coffee itself every day with housekeeping services. Also, does anybody know how much a case of water is to purchase at the store there. Thank you. We are arriving in March.

Haven't stayed in the Cabins since the rehab. Was wondering if they still replenish the coffee filter and coffee itself every day with housekeeping services.

Yup.

Also, does anybody know how much a case of water is to purchase at the store there. Thank you. We are arriving in March.

They no longer sell cases. But they do have 8-packs of 12oz bottles of Desani for $3.99. Nice to "see" you on the board again Teena! :wave:

Sooo I booked the cabins for June on a bounceback offer. Hoping the kids like it-will likely be a more laid back resort trip with 1/2 park days.
Bummed that the photos at start of thread haven't had a chance to be updated - I remember looking at them before photobucket went greedy and they were beautiful!

Sooo I booked the cabins for June on a bounceback offer. Hoping the kids like it-will likely be a more laid back resort trip with 1/2 park days.
Bummed that the photos at start of thread haven't had a chance to be updated - I remember looking at them before photobucket went greedy and they were beautiful!
Head over to the camping at Disney forum and enjoy the monthly trip reports. Lots of good fort photos.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Yikes! Nothing is available for the days we are heading out, end of October through beginning of November. I didn't realize it booked up so quick, and here I thought I was ahead of the game. :o Are we out of luck? Should I just keep checking every day? Do the campsites open up ever? We are locked into our days, unfortunately.

Yikes! Nothing is available for the days we are heading out, end of October through beginning of November. I didn't realize it booked up so quick, and here I thought I was ahead of the game. :o Are we out of luck? Should I just keep checking every day? Do the campsites open up ever? We are locked into our days, unfortunately.
Yes, the week of Halloween is extremely popular. But keep checking. Stuff happens and people cancel.

We just returned for WDW last month!! I had not been and 12 years! We live in Arizona so we frequent Disneyland. We are going back to Disneyland in July 2018 and we are going back to WDW June 2019! We are a family of 5 and we are planning on staying at the cabins! Looking forward to all the information, regarding the cabins. Love all things Disney

Changed our resort to a cabin yesterday! Very excited for our first stay! I’ve just started reading through the thread so please forgive me if this question has been asked. We want to rent a golf cart during our stay, and are wondering if there are places to keep the cart while at the parks or do they have stay at our cabin? Can we drive the cart to the bus depot, park the cart, catch a bus to AK and come back at night and get our cart and go? That would be great if possible.

Changed our resort to a cabin yesterday! Very excited for our first stay! I’ve just started reading through the thread so please forgive me if this question has been asked. We want to rent a golf cart during our stay, and are wondering if there are places to keep the cart while at the parks or do they have stay at our cabin? Can we drive the cart to the bus depot, park the cart, catch a bus to AK and come back at night and get our cart and go? That would be great if possible.
There is golf cart parking at the outpost bus depot, at the pool, and near the boat dock. What you described is exactly what everyone does! Just take the key with you. Have a great trip!

There is golf cart parking at the outpost bus depot, at the pool, and near the boat dock. What you described is exactly what everyone does! Just take the key with you. Have a great trip!

Thanks so much! I just reserved a cart! We are really looking forward to this, I’m sure I’ll have more questions along the way! Can’t wait to read through everything here, thanks again.

Can you buy charcoal and matches for the cabin grill at the resort store? Anyone know how much they cost?

We were going to buy a package of hot dogs and rolls for back at the cabin. But then realized we need charcoal and a lighter of some sort. And all of a sudden a cheaper meal has become more expensive.

Yes, they are available for sale at the Meadows, which is the main resort store. Not sure about the price however. If it's like the bread, butter, and beer, then probably about twice what you might pay at Wally Weird.

https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Check this link over to the camping forum. There is a February trip report going on right now. You could ask and see if one of them goes by there they could check on it.

Last edited:
Can you buy charcoal and matches for the cabin grill at the resort store? Anyone know how much they cost?

We were going to buy a package of hot dogs and rolls for back at the cabin. But then realized we need charcoal and a lighter of some sort. And all of a sudden a cheaper meal has become more expensive.
We got charcoal with our garden grocer order. We went to the trading post looking for matches or a lighter. They gave us a couple small books of matches when we asked if they had a small pack of matches. They have the lighters and a huge box but we didn't need hundreds of matches for one bag of charcoal.

Have never stayed at FW but looking at the cabins for our next trip. We love the idea of a bit extra space and the kitchen. My one concern is transportation. Touring plans put the commute to Epcot at 49 minutes!! Actually, all the commutes, except for MK of course, were 40 minutes +. Is that accurate? That may change everything.

That seems about right. It takes a while for the internal buses to arrive and then you wait for the park buses.

We loved the cabins but we had a car. Even a trip to the Meadow Trading Post would have been quite the trip without it.

Really loved leaving MK right after the fireworks and catching the boat. SO much less crowded then heading to the Transportation Center

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter