Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

We will be a party of 5 in August. Can you squeeze 5 on a golf cart? One is a 12 yo girl? Thinking of getting a golf cart for part of the day.

"Butts in seats", kbender295.

Generally the Fort Popo :cool2: will permit golf cart riders who have their butts down on the golf cart seat. No sitting in someone else's lap in a moving golf cart; No one standing/crouching and hanging on to the canopy uprights.

There's a front seat and the back seat so you will have 3 people in one and 2 in the other. The 12yo can be a third as long as .... wait for it ....
she has her butt down on the seat. And everyone else does too.

It's that simple. :drive:

Bama Ed

Has anyone taken a Minnie Van from Ft Wilderness to Magic Kingdom lately? Do you know the mileage? Latest googling says the cost is $15 plus $3 per mile. Google says Ft Wilderness to Magic Kingdom is 4 miles but not sure if that is accurate. Thanks in advance!

Also if anyone has advice on getting to MK for an 8:10 ADR for Be Our Guest on a 9 am opening day, please let me know!

Details: Staying in a cabin. We have a car, but not a golf cart!

Has anyone taken a Minnie Van from Ft Wilderness to Magic Kingdom lately? Do you know the mileage? Latest googling says the cost is $15 plus $3 per mile. Google says Ft Wilderness to Magic Kingdom is 4 miles but not sure if that is accurate. Thanks in advance!

Also if anyone has advice on getting to MK for an 8:10 ADR for Be Our Guest on a 9 am opening day, please let me know!

Details: Staying in a cabin. We have a car, but not a golf cart!

The Fort Wilderness resort boat starts running around 6:45 and will get you to the Contemporary for a 10 min. walk to the entrance to MK. We've done it several times and have always arrived with plenty of time for 8am rope drops/EMH. I would confirm with the front desk that the bus to the dock runs that early. It's a lovely, sunrise trip across the lake.

The Fort Wilderness resort boat starts running around 6:45 and will get you to the Contemporary for a 10 min. walk to the entrance to MK. We've done it several times and have always arrived with plenty of time for 8am rope drops/EMH. I would confirm with the front desk that the bus to the dock runs that early. It's a lovely, sunrise trip across the lake.
I read that the internal buses from cabins to marina aren't running that early--is that true?

Can you rent golf carts from an outside company to use at FW? Someone mentioned it to me but not sure if that's true or not.

Hi Everyone- We are staying in a cabin March 7-14 2020. What type of rates per night was anyone able to get this March either general or with an AP? Thank you!

Can you rent golf carts from an outside company to use at FW? Someone mentioned it to me but not sure if that's true or not.

Yes you can, but you have to meet the company 1 mile off of Disney property, not one mile from the Fort.

You can use your own vehicle to bring the cart in on there trailer then take the trailer back or if you don’t have a hitch you would leave your vehicle and drive there truck in and take back. Then reverse the process to return the cart. The whole process usually takes one hour each time.

I have heard of some people getting lucky and being able to pick up a cart the some day that another person was returning right at the Fort.

Anyone who has done the EMM at MK from Fort Wilderness, what mode of transportation did you use? We will have a golf cart, staying in a cabin loop. We were thinking of using the Minnie Vans. Will they pick up directly at your cabin?

Has anyone stayed in one of the 2 cabins in the 100 loop? How hard are they to get if requested?

It is very rare. We have stayed in the cabins close to ten times and have never been offered one, nor requested one.

One of the managers recently told us that they are used for executives and construction workers. For example, DVC going on next door. They are not included with bookable inventory.

Last edited:
Anyone who has done the EMM at MK from Fort Wilderness, what mode of transportation did you use? We will have a golf cart, staying in a cabin loop. We were thinking of using the Minnie Vans. Will they pick up directly at your cabin?

Hi - we used the boat and got to MK in plenty of time. The MK boat arrived at 7 and made a stopped at Wilderness Lodge before arriving at MK. We were in line for wristbands at 7:30. The boat to the Contemporary starts at 6:45 I believe. You could also take that and then walk to the MK.

Thank you for the information! This is helpful. I was curious too once promotions were released for March of 2019 if anyone was able to get a better rate with either a general public discount or Annual Pass and what that rate was?

Hi - we were there the 3rd week in March this year. Paid $312.80 for weekdays and $336 for Friday and Saturday night. Went through Disney.com to book. I can't remember the name of the promotion we used.

Hi - we used the boat and got to MK in plenty of time. The MK boat arrived at 7 and made a stopped at Wilderness Lodge before arriving at MK. We were in line for wristbands at 7:30. The boat to the Contemporary starts at 6:45 I believe. You could also take that and then walk to the MK.
Thank you! How early were you waiting for the boat to MK? How much time should I allow to get from cabin to boat? Can I drive my cart to that area and park until we return?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter