Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

How exciting! I’ll respond to each question…

There are no more parking passes.

TY

I guess I should have clarified on my last question.

How do they know the car we are parking in their lot (I realize we have to pay to park) is a guest of GF, and not a person trying to park for free and go to MK.

Ty

Hi Everyone, I am new to this specific thread. I just changed to this resort this morning when I noticed rooms became available for my soon to be trip. Do you still receive toiletries in the rooms and if so what is given? I have heard about robes and slippers, are they in the rooms as well? What type of coffee maker is in the room? My new update for resort states outer building garden view, what should I expect? Any info would be appreciated. I am going to skim through all pages starting now.

I guess I should have clarified on my last question.

How do they know the car we are parking in their lot (I realize we have to pay to park) is a guest of GF, and not a person trying to park for free and go to MK.

Same answer… the guard will scan your MB (and at times ask for ID.) Your reservation will show up on their end when you scan in. Every time you come back to the lot, you must scan your band to get in… you can either scan in with the guard or …after you actually check-in, you will be able to scan in on your own in the lane to the right of the guard and the gate will open.) Found the picture below with a quick google search for reference. Have fun!

Hi Everyone, I am new to this specific thread. I just changed to this resort this morning when I noticed rooms became available for my soon to be trip. Do you still receive toiletries in the rooms and if so what is given? I have heard about robes and slippers, are they in the rooms as well? What type of coffee maker is in the room? My new update for resort states outer building garden view, what should I expect? Any info would be appreciated. I am going to skim through all pages starting now.
My gf trips Oct and Dec did not have robes n slippers however some have gotten them.
Coffee is a Keurig . You can call for extras, grab from maid, or if in Gaspies QS grab sugar n cream if needed.

Toiltries were still individual ones and not mounted on the wall.

Most like;y your view faces a pool or Sago building which faces marina and far end of lagoon and monorail.

Page 1 is very good place to start!

Thank you
You can order QS from gaspies on the app. Also you can get “stand by seating” for the Cafe , same day in the app if near the restaurant, (won’t work if at MK for example.) The same day standby may work for Citricos or Narcoosees , there hasn’t been many posts here at gf but other resorts are doing it. They basically keep some tables for resort guests. If in doubt go ask at restaurant.

Enchanted Rose is nice for a beverage or appetizer. Check times they vary and food time is different from bar time.

Both pools also have food n beverages. So look at ALL the menus before your trip so you have an idea what is available. Yes it’s time consuming but doing while on vacation is not the time to do it, kind of stressful !

Happy planning! Gf is wonderful!

Same answer… the guard will scan your MB (and at times ask for ID.) Your reservation will show up on their end when you scan in. Every time you come back to the lot, you must scan your band to get in… you can either scan in with the guard or …after you actually check-in, you will be able to scan in on your own in the lane to the right of the guard and the gate will open.) Found the picture below with a quick google search for reference. Have fun!

View attachment 595220
If you are going to GF instead of the MK parking lot then you no longer go through the MK gates to get to the resorts. They built an overpass so traffic can skip the gates and go directly to the resorts.

Does that answer your question?

Thank you so much.

I now understand the process.

I really appreciate you taking the time to set me strait.

Ready to get there.

Stay healthy

We are back home from our stay at VGF and we loved our two cabana days. Our pool attendant and server were both super nice and attentive. Shoutout to Mitch for some pixie dust he sent my way on the second day! We were given Cabana 1 on our first day and I liked the location so much that I asked if it was possible to get the same one for our second day. Of course it was a yes!

Doing the cabanas was a nice way for us to experience the pool and be able to stay a little bit away from the crowds. It was also an awesome way for my toddler to nap in a cool, shady spot while mom and dad got to enjoy the pool plus some frozen mommy juice while he slept. 10/10 will book a cabana for my next GF stay. As a side note, I was able to get my DVC discount refunded on the day that I checked in for my cabana. I just had to ask and the attendant called in to get me my refund.D655691F-83CB-4659-94C6-7FA256CB3712.jpegA5E9B4CB-7F88-4319-A9BF-45D45357C4EA.jpeg

We are back home from our stay at VGF and we loved our two cabana days. Our pool attendant and server were both super nice and attentive. Shoutout to Mitch for some pixie dust he sent my way on the second day! We were given Cabana 1 on our first day and I liked the location so much that I asked if it was possible to get the same one for our second day. Of course it was a yes!

Doing the cabanas was a nice way for us to experience the pool and be able to stay a little bit away from the crowds. It was also an awesome way for my toddler to nap in a cool, shady spot while mom and dad got to enjoy the pool plus some frozen mommy juice while he slept. 10/10 will book a cabana for my next GF stay. As a side note, I was able to get my DVC discount refunded on the day that I checked in for my cabana. I just had to ask and the attendant called in to get me my refund.View attachment 595398View attachment 595399

I hope you had a wonderful time!!

A question for anyone there now are just back - is it back to monorail only to Epcot, or are they still running both buses and the monorail? Just want to make sure I have my facts straight.

:thanks:

A question for anyone there now are just back - is it back to monorail only to Epcot, or are they still running both buses and the monorail? Just want to make sure I have my facts straight.

:thanks:

I just came home on Friday and both days I used transportation for Epcot it was the monorail. The first day I used it was August 1 and on that day a couple of workers were confused whether we needed to take the monorail or take a bus and had to ask someone else. One of the workers who was confused was at the Ticket and Transportation Center after we already took the resort monorail there and were waiting for the Epcot monorail to make rope drop. She told us we should have taken a bus from the hotel and should not have gone there. Another worker had to tell her the Epcot monorail was running.

Hi Disney friends :wave:. My daughter and I will be taking a girls only trip to stay at GF next week and plan to do a day at Blizzard Beach. Is there a direct bus from GF to BB or do you have to take a park bus and transfer? Trying to plan the best way to get there. Thanks for any help :)

Hi Disney friends :wave:. My daughter and I will be taking a girls only trip to stay at GF next week and plan to do a day at Blizzard Beach. Is there a direct bus from GF to BB or do you have to take a park bus and transfer? Trying to plan the best way to get there. Thanks for any help :)

From GF, you have to take a bus to DAK and transfer there to a bus to BB.

In my strong opinion, rideshare/taxi is the way to go, if an option for you. Having to go to DAK and backtracking is painfully inefficient, in my opinion.

Have fun - love me some BB!

From GF, you have to take a bus to DAK and transfer there to a bus to BB.

In my strong opinion, rideshare/taxi is the way to go, if an option for you. Having to go to DAK and backtracking is painfully inefficient, in my opinion.

Have fun - love me some BB!
I thought that might be the case - I think we'll rideshare. I agree, that is an awfully cumbersome and time consuming way to get there.

We are soooo excited. Although we've been to DW several times this will be our first stay at GF, first time at BB and first time doing an After Hours Event. Now if we can just get (possible Tropical Storm/Hurricane) Fred to go away we'll be all set. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter