Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Hello! I am arriving tomorrow and taking my friend for her birthday. I thought about having some special treats sent to the room. I called Basin and they do not send gifts to the rooms. Any other ideas? Even chocolate covered strawberries would work. I just thought something nice for when we arrived. Thanks!

Hello! I am arriving tomorrow and taking my friend for her birthday. I thought about having some special treats sent to the room. I called Basin and they do not send gifts to the rooms. Any other ideas? Even chocolate covered strawberries would work. I just thought something nice for when we arrived. Thanks!

Time isn’t on your side here, but you can try Disney Floral & Gifts: http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do

I am not entirely sure of their COVID procedures but I “think” they will just deliver to the front desk and you either need to call to have it delivered when you’re in your room or pick it up from the front desk yourself.

So I heard pontoons should be available to rent at the grand Floridian sometime this month. We are staying at Pop Century and then Caribbean Beach till the end of the month and hoping to rent one at the Grand Floridian on one of our magic kingdom days (we have 5 of them so looking for fun extras to do). My question is, if we take the monorail to the grand Floridian to rent a pontoon, will we be able to order food at their quick service location to eat before we go on the boat? This is one of the only resorts we have never been to in Disney so not familiar with what quick service options they have or if guests of other resorts can order food, I had heard contemporary wasn’t allowing non guests of the resort to order.
Thanks for any help

So I heard pontoons should be available to rent at the grand Floridian sometime this month. We are staying at Pop Century and then Caribbean Beach till the end of the month and hoping to rent one at the Grand Floridian on one of our magic kingdom days (we have 5 of them so looking for fun extras to do). My question is, if we take the monorail to the grand Floridian to rent a pontoon, will we be able to order food at their quick service location to eat before we go on the boat? This is one of the only resorts we have never been to in Disney so not familiar with what quick service options they have or if guests of other resorts can order food, I had heard contemporary wasn’t allowing non guests of the resort to order.
Thanks for any help
I haven't heard that they are restricting food orders to GF resort guests only.

Gasparilla's is the counter service restaurant and is located near the marina. You can take a boat or walk to Grand Floridian as well as the monorail. We like to walk since it is only about a 15 minute walk and brings you right to Gasparilla's. :)

Does anyone know what brand and firmness of mattress the GF uses. And what is your preference to firmness?

We are back home from our stay at VGF and we loved our two cabana days. Our pool attendant and server were both super nice and attentive. Shoutout to Mitch for some pixie dust he sent my way on the second day! We were given Cabana 1 on our first day and I liked the location so much that I asked if it was possible to get the same one for our second day. Of course it was a yes!

Doing the cabanas was a nice way for us to experience the pool and be able to stay a little bit away from the crowds. It was also an awesome way for my toddler to nap in a cool, shady spot while mom and dad got to enjoy the pool plus some frozen mommy juice while he slept. 10/10 will book a cabana for my next GF stay. As a side note, I was able to get my DVC discount refunded on the day that I checked in for my cabana. I just had to ask and the attendant called in to get me my refund.View attachment 595398View attachment 595399
That's our favorite one also! I've already requested it for our stay next month. It does manage to feel like it offers a bit more privacy.

Does anyone know what brand and firmness of mattress the GF uses. And what is your preference to firmness?
I'm pretty sure they're Beautyrest but not sure what type. I know I have lifted the sheets to look at the brand because I like them so much, but I do that every time I like a mattress and it seems like it's always a Beautyrest, so I hope I'm not remembering wrong. I like soft mattresses. The ones at GF are so very comfortable IMO (and my two DDs and DH)! I think they feel similar to the Westin Heavenly Beds if you're familiar with those.

That's our favorite one also! I've already requested it for our stay next month. It does manage to feel like it offers a bit more privacy.
We lucked out with our neighbors too. Both days, they arrived about an hour or so before we were done with the pool aka my toddler decided we were done lol.

Arrived a little before noon via our car trip. Drove to the gate with attendant showed her my drivers license and magic band.
She directed us to check in and told us next time we come in we can just drive thru the bypass use our magic band. ( ty for previous info).
I dropped off the husband and I waited in the car.
All of a sudden the bell captain knocked on my window. And goes.
“ Mrs L. We’ve been waiting for you. Happy 30th anniversary. In honor of your celebration we are giving you FREE valet parking for your stay. I will ask you kindly to open your hatch and I’ll take your Keys. I will deliver the luggage to your room and valet park your car.
I get out waiting for my husband. Cannot wait to tell him about the pixie dust. Finally I see him and he is grinning from ear to ear. He goe we got a room upgrade from building 8 Boca Chica to main building right above gasparilla In the celebrity area with the back elevator key access.
He said no concierge service. Due to COVID. Starting back in September.
I did not care. Ecstatic for upgrade.

Then
Rode the monorail no one else in our section
Walked easily into EPCOT.
10 min wait test track
Rode Soarin twice in 25 min.
Walked on the land boat ride
15 min wait frozen

Dinner lecelar in Canada. Excellent!!

monorail back

hot tub. And chillin

Our room was decorated with swans and rose petals and a nice card. Great start to getaway.

Arrived a little before noon via our car trip. Drove to the gate with attendant showed her my drivers license and magic band.
She directed us to check in and told us next time we come in we can just drive thru the bypass use our magic band. ( ty for previous info).
“ Mrs L. We’ve been waiting for you. Happy 30th anniversary. In honor of your celebration we are giving you FREE valet parking for your stay. I will ask you kindly to open your hatch and I’ll take your Keys. I will deliver the luggage to your room and valet park your car.
I get out waiting for my husband. Cannot wait to tell him about the pixie dust. Finally I see him and he is grinning from ear to ear. He goe we got a room upgrade from building 8 Boca Chica to main building right above gasparilla In the celebrity area with the back elevator key access.

Then
10 min wait test track
15 min wait frozen

monorail back

hot tub. And chillin

Our room was decorated with swans and rose petals and a nice card. Great start to getaway.

What a wonderful way to start your trip!! I hope you have a great time! Happy Anniversary 🥰

Then
10 min wait test track
15 min wait frozen

monorail back

hot tub. And chillin

That’s so wonderful! EnjoySue.

Then
10 min wait test track
15 min wait frozen

monorail back

hot tub. And chillin

Oh, what a marvellous start, complete with pixie dust! Happy Anniversary, indeed!

Good Wednesday morning

Some comments about our trip in general.
First off I cannot believe the lack of crowds. Yes there are tourist such as us. But minimal waiting in lines or for food.
Last night the crowd for Halloween party at MK WAS. Sold out. More people at that than during day.
Most of the fast food areas have you order and pay on your phone. Then you get a number to pick up your order.
All food areas on MK AND EPCOT had water available in glasses just for the asking like before. No purchase necessary.

The only area of un happy campers is the one monorail for resorts was down starting about 6pm on Tuesday.
Those who booked Halloween party did not get to MK as early as they wished.
Some waited for the bus which was added on from contemporary or poly. Others walked from GF or Contemporary in the 90 degrees. The boats had many waiting for three or four boats till they were able to get on one.
The happy place was not that happy then.

I only have one minor concern which in no way lessens our satisfaction. We asked for new bed linen. And we’re told we can have it. And we can change it ourselves. Due to COVID they are not providing that service during our stay.

Also. This the first time I have seen GF. Employees happy and very nice. Going out of there way to help. They are working above and beyond.
Ok enough for now. Pool day. Then Disney springs tonight.

GM everyone!

So.....what does everyone think about this new Genie+ and LL?

I am so confused....lol. Imagine people that haven't been to WDW in awhile and don't do their due diligence. The one thing I do understand is that Disney is definitely becoming even more expensive then ever.

Hopefully we can all help each other out in figuring this whole new plan out. I am glad I don't have a trip until March, I'll have to study....lol

GM everyone!

So.....what does everyone think about this new Genie+ and LL?

I am so confused....lol. Imagine people that haven't been to WDW in awhile and don't do their due diligence. The one thing I do understand is that Disney is definitely becoming even more expensive then ever.

Hopefully we can all help each other out in figuring this whole new plan out. I am glad I don't have a trip until March, I'll have to study....lol

Well, people generally say good things about DL MaxPass and it has some undertones of that system, so I’m going to reserve judgement until actual use, I guess. I’m trying not to be one to resist change and just have an open mind - things usually are never as bad as feared/discussed when Disney makes big changes. But sitting here as an armchair quarterback, it sure does seem confusing/complicated. Tickets, park reservations, genie, genie+, LL, standby, virtual queues - just a lot going on!

Good Wednesday morning

Some comments about our trip in general.
First off I cannot believe the lack of crowds. Yes there are tourist such as us. But minimal waiting in lines or for food.
Last night the crowd for Halloween party at MK WAS. Sold out. More people at that than during day.
Most of the fast food areas have you order and pay on your phone. Then you get a number to pick up your order.
All food areas on MK AND EPCOT had water available in glasses just for the asking like before. No purchase necessary.

The only area of un happy campers is the one monorail for resorts was down starting about 6pm on Tuesday.
Those who booked Halloween party did not get to MK as early as they wished.
Some waited for the bus which was added on from contemporary or poly. Others walked from GF or Contemporary in the 90 degrees. The boats had many waiting for three or four boats till they were able to get on one.
The happy place was not that happy then.

I only have one minor concern which in no way lessens our satisfaction. We asked for new bed linen. And we’re told we can have it. And we can change it ourselves. Due to COVID they are not providing that service during our stay.

Also. This the first time I have seen GF. Employees happy and very nice. Going out of there way to help. They are working above and beyond.
Ok enough for now. Pool day. Then Disney springs tonight.

Enjoy. I am so happy you got your pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter