Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

:flower3: Good afternoon fellow GF fans..hope that every one is staying well..and enjoying booking planning or being on their Disney trips...
After a very long hiatus..like many of you..longest ever since I started going in the early 70s with my own parents...last month my DD and I finally felt comfortable enough to travel and get back to our happy place! We did a split stay..like we often do...BWI/GF...and it was so very nice to be at the GF...we always stay CL..so it was definitely a different kind of trip..but then it was that in many ways...still...sooo enjoyable...and..even with many many GF trips under my belt...after being away for over a year and a half...the beauty and charm of the GF was just more obvious than ever....
We were actually in a TPV room in the main building..so it felt like home..but..with the whole family being gone some where...lol...
A true highlight was watching fireworks from our balcony..(there seems to be a new and better sound system and we could hear the music from the speakers in the area below loud and clear!)with take out dining from the GF Cafe..although not available on the app for take out...evidently you can walk to the podium and order...I was told that you can do this at Narcoosees as well..just a tip for anyone interested in meals from either of those places..and who doesn't want to dine there...since it is always about the food...lol..we did do a walk up one evening at Narcoosees..of course this is much more likely to happen if you are a small party..and early in evening...the meal was delicious as always!
I took so many pictures..yup..I'm a tied to my phone..taking pics of every darn thing kinda girl...lol...especially after beingaway for so long...
While we really did miss the GF Society orchestra..it was a pleasure to see and hear Wes working his magic on the piano in the afternoon...
I will try and post some of my pictures..and I look forward to seeing new ones of anyone who will be going soon...pictures are the best Disney fix!
Next up..50th anniversary trip...woohoo..cannot wait..CR /BWI stay for us!
As always..posting a novel..lol..forgive me...hope to be popping in and chatting more...and sharing the excitement of the approaching 50th anniversary!!
Hope you are all having a fantastic Friday!!

Hello my friend! Welcome Back!:flower3:

So happy to hear about your amazing trip, can't wait to see some pics!

So in browsing availability for a possible spring break trip next year, I noticed that the Grand Suite is now able to be booked online. When did this happen?!

I can't seem to find any dates where it's showing as available yet but I'm very curious to see the pricing. Or maybe I'm not. I've always wanted to stay in that suite...maybe by the time I retire 25 years from now :rotfl2: :cloud9:
I checked this out as well for our trip in October 2022. Seems like the Grand Suite is not available for September/October like as the rest of the main building rooms. Keeping my eye out for any explanations from Disney. Seems like the room renovation theory may still be the likely reason. I keep hoping.

:flower3: Good afternoon fellow GF fans..hope that every one is staying well..and enjoying booking planning or being on their Disney trips...
After a very long hiatus..like many of you..longest ever since I started going in the early 70s with my own parents...last month my DD and I finally felt comfortable enough to travel and get back to our happy place! We did a split stay..like we often do...BWI/GF...and it was so very nice to be at the GF...we always stay CL..so it was definitely a different kind of trip..but then it was that in many ways...still...sooo enjoyable...and..even with many many GF trips under my belt...after being away for over a year and a half...the beauty and charm of the GF was just more obvious than ever....
We were actually in a TPV room in the main building..so it felt like home..but..with the whole family being gone some where...lol...
A true highlight was watching fireworks from our balcony..(there seems to be a new and better sound system and we could hear the music from the speakers in the area below loud and clear!)with take out dining from the GF Cafe..although not available on the app for take out...evidently you can walk to the podium and order...I was told that you can do this at Narcoosees as well..just a tip for anyone interested in meals from either of those places..and who doesn't want to dine there...since it is always about the food...lol..we did do a walk up one evening at Narcoosees..of course this is much more likely to happen if you are a small party..and early in evening...the meal was delicious as always!
I took so many pictures..yup..I'm a tied to my phone..taking pics of every darn thing kinda girl...lol...especially after beingaway for so long...
While we really did miss the GF Society orchestra..it was a pleasure to see and hear Wes working his magic on the piano in the afternoon...
I will try and post some of my pictures..and I look forward to seeing new ones of anyone who will be going soon...pictures are the best Disney fix!
As always..posting a novel..lol..forgive me...hope to be popping in and chatting more...and sharing the excitement of the approaching 50th anniversary!!
Hi Blue!!! Missed you here and good to "see you." Glad you had a good time and can't wait to see the pictures!

Blue!!! We love your novels and can’t wait for the pictorial edition!

:jumping1:

Good Saturday morning. Some closing thoughts on our recent trip. Halfway home. On our car trip. Spending couple days in Kentucky with daughter.

1. We were pixie dusted to room upgrade to 4208 in main building over gaspsrillas. Great view of fireworks. Room was clean. Furniture Carpet all in good shape. Had the big jacuzzi bath tub. had to change elevators to get to this what they call the celebrity floor.
Daily towels and soaps shampoos kurig coffee replaced as well as trash removed.

2. Pools were very clean. Towels abundant. Life guards at slide pool. The pool side cabanas were barely used. Maybe saw 1 booked a day.

3. Carry out pre ordered food worked well. No problems.

4. Monorail was usually empty aster 9 am. After the park opening rush.

5 Boats were available to go back and forth quickly. Longest wait at dock was 8 min. We arrived just as previous boat leaving.

6. Noticed some flying evening bugs this visit. Just a nuisance. Not too bad.

7. We attempted to pull up our account on the Disney APP. And could not. Went to front desk. They did not know how either.

8. Deer roaming and eating greenery late at night. Just like home. Many deer.

9. This trip was the most friendliest group of employees we ever encountered here. Loved it.

general comments

Small crowds.
longest wait for a ride was the second time we went to EPCOT. Frozen 30 min
Rode flight of passage 3x in a row under 45 min.
safari ride excellent
In MK the longest ride wait was jungle book. 35 min in the hot hot hot line.
space mountain was closed frequently. But reopened at various times.
there are tons of workers
I’ll group them for you.

WATCHERS.
Situated at all doors to anything telling you to apply yourmask over nose and face.

GUARDS. Workers at entrances to dining venu
Telling you to use your mobile APP. Even though they had registers open for you to place your order at.

SUSIE HOMEMAKER. Workers instantly at your dining table spraying it and cleaning it after you eat for next party

POLICE PRESENCE. Very obvious In all parks.

Final notes

Animal Kingdom was um. Messy. Trash on ground. Restrooms bad. Trashy stinky. I mean trash overflowing in trash cans! This did not distract from the fun of park though.

I cannot believe the number if workers. Tons of them. Surprised us. They were tripping over on another.

finally. I am typing in the car. So I will apologize for misspellings as well as grammar.

it was a great trip !!

Sue

Good Saturday morning. Some closing thoughts on our recent trip. Halfway home. On our car trip. Spending couple days in Kentucky with daughter.

1. We were pixie dusted to room upgrade to 4208 in main building over gaspsrillas. Great view of fireworks. Room was clean. Furniture Carpet all in good shape. Had the big jacuzzi bath tub. had to change elevators to get to this what they call the celebrity floor.
Daily towels and soaps shampoos kurig coffee replaced as well as trash removed.

2. Pools were very clean. Towels abundant. Life guards at slide pool. The pool side cabanas were barely used. Maybe saw 1 booked a day.

3. Carry out pre ordered food worked well. No problems.

4. Monorail was usually empty aster 9 am. After the park opening rush.

5 Boats were available to go back and forth quickly. Longest wait at dock was 8 min. We arrived just as previous boat leaving.

6. Noticed some flying evening bugs this visit. Just a nuisance. Not too bad.

7. We attempted to pull up our account on the Disney APP. And could not. Went to front desk. They did not know how either.

8. Deer roaming and eating greenery late at night. Just like home. Many deer.

9. This trip was the most friendliest group of employees we ever encountered here. Loved it.

general comments

Small crowds.
longest wait for a ride was the second time we went to EPCOT. Frozen 30 min
Rode flight of passage 3x in a row under 45 min.
safari ride excellent
In MK the longest ride wait was jungle book. 35 min in the hot hot hot line.
space mountain was closed frequently. But reopened at various times.
there are tons of workers
I’ll group them for you.

WATCHERS.
Situated at all doors to anything telling you to apply yourmask over nose and face.

GUARDS. Workers at entrances to dining venu
Telling you to use your mobile APP. Even though they had registers open for you to place your order at.

SUSIE HOMEMAKER. Workers instantly at your dining table spraying it and cleaning it after you eat for next party

POLICE PRESENCE. Very obvious In all parks.

Final notes

Animal Kingdom was um. Messy. Trash on ground. Restrooms bad. Trashy stinky. I mean trash overflowing in trash cans! This did not distract from the fun of park though.

I cannot believe the number if workers. Tons of them. Surprised us. They were tripping over on another.

finally. I am typing in the car. So I will apologize for misspellings as well as grammar.

it was a great trip !!

Sue

Thanks for your thorough review! I’m happy to hear you had a great trip and enjoyed The Grand!!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome back!!... :lovestruc:goodvibes:grouphug:

I checked this out as well for our trip in October 2022. Seems like the Grand Suite is not available for September/October like as the rest of the main building rooms. Keeping my eye out for any explanations from Disney. Seems like the room renovation theory may still be the likely reason. I keep hoping.
Me too..the latest refurb has been my least favorite..and I definitely think that it's time for another...sure wish that they would bring back some of the Disney whimsy and a more Victorian vibe...
If you want to post the sideways pics, I can rotate them.

:wave2:
Please and ..thank you!!!

@Lyonsfamily..thanks so much for your detailed review..

Pics coming up...

Hi All!

I have a friend that's visiting during the Merriest Christmas Party. She's about to order her party tickets and is worried if she has to cancel. Are the tickets transferable or are you able to cancel your tickets?

Thanks for the help!

Hi All!

I have a friend that's visiting during the Merriest Christmas Party. She's about to order her party tickets and is worried if she has to cancel. Are the tickets transferable or are you able to cancel your tickets?

Thanks for the help!

According to the Disney Website: HERE

This is posted at the bottom of the page:

6BD0C19E-43CC-4647-AA85-856F465FF80F.jpeg

Hope that helps!

Quick question, we are heading down to the grand Oct 17th, first time staying there, and we cannot wait. My mother in law is wondering if the white glove room service is back, or if they just bring the food to your room with no fanfare. Sorry if this has already been answered in advance.

And the questions just keep rollin, we are staying on rented DVC points (like a boss8-)), I know not to ask for a room upgrade, but if we are offered one for free (I know it’s highly unlikely), can we accept it, or would it be messing with the points owner.

And the questions just keep rollin, we are staying on rented DVC points (like a boss8-)), I know not to ask for a room upgrade, but if we are offered one for free (I know it’s highly unlikely), can we accept it, or would it be messing with the points owner.

If it’s not a point increase, and you didn’t request it, I don’t see why not… but as you mentioned, you are not as likely to receive a room upgrade with DVC as you are the resort side. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter