Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Good morning from Sago Cay. We transferred over from BWI yesterday. Anyone who is interested in a split stay, the transfer was effortless. Our room was ready by noon. We went to the room around 3 for a quick nap and our luggage was here by 4.

Attachments

• B654039C-67D1-482D-9DB0-562D8BAC2E5B.jpeg
    B654039C-67D1-482D-9DB0-562D8BAC2E5B.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 18
Reporting back: THE SPA IS OPEN! Soft opened yesterday!! I’m so excited for my 2:30 massage!!!

How was it? Senses was always a must do for us, I was so bummed out that it didn't reopen for my birthday trip last year. Mandara over at the Dolphin was nice and I enjoyed it but it wasn't quite the same. I was so excited to hear about the re-opening and am super curious about how it is now. We want to do a couples massage in Sept when we are at Poly.

How was it? Senses was always a must do for us, I was so bummed out that it didn't reopen for my birthday trip last year. Mandara over at the Dolphin was nice and I enjoyed it but it wasn't quite the same. I was so excited to hear about the re-opening and am super curious about how it is now. We want to do a couples massage in Sept when we are at Poly.

I have nothing to compare it to as far as area spas or previous experience since I had never been but I had a lovely time. It starts with essentially choosing your experience at check in (I won’t spoil it!) that informs the rest of your treatment and checkout, which was a nice touch. The Cast Members are fantastic.

Women’s locker room has basic amenities, with more available upon request, and was very clean. The lounge is pretty basic in terms of light snacks and drinks, but comfortable. I had a 50-minute prenatal massage with Julie and she was WONDERFUL.

Steam room and hot tub unavailable due to Covid but post-treatment I sat in a heated lounger for a bit and that felt great. Then got myself dressed and checked out. Gratuity is included in final total, and I got a little parting gift :cutie: So overall positive experience, I’d be happy to go back.

I have nothing to compare it to as far as area spas or previous experience since I had never been but I had a lovely time. It starts with essentially choosing your experience at check in (I won’t spoil it!) that informs the rest of your treatment and checkout, which was a nice touch. The Cast Members are fantastic.

Women’s locker room has basic amenities, with more available upon request, and was very clean. The lounge is pretty basic in terms of light snacks and drinks, but comfortable. I had a 50-minute prenatal massage with Julie and she was WONDERFUL.

Steam room and hot tub unavailable due to Covid but post-treatment I sat in a heated lounger for a bit and that felt great. Then got myself dressed and checked out. Gratuity is included in final total, and I got a little parting gift :cutie: So overall positive experience, I’d be happy to go back.

Awesome! Sounds like it is pretty similar to before except not having the steam room and hot tub...I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I still dream about the leg and foot massages we got!

We are doing our first GF stay in Feb- I am used to having Keurig machines in our resort rooms but I see Nespresso in some images from GF. We are staying outer building lagoon view. Can we expect a Keurig? I am hoping so because I would love to bring some of the 50th K cups back home! One of my favorite "free" souvenirs is bringing home some Joffreys :).

We are doing our first GF stay in Feb- I am used to having Keurig machines in our resort rooms but I see Nespresso in some images from GF. We are staying outer building lagoon view. Can we expect a Keurig? I am hoping so because I would love to bring some of the 50th K cups back home! One of my favorite "free" souvenirs is bringing home some Joffreys :).

afaik all the regular rooms have Keurigs. The Nespresso machines tend to be in the CL lounges.

Does anyone happen to have any room view pictures for the Disney Suite in the main building (4411)? The ones at the beginning of the thread aren't showing up for me (little box with a question mark in them). I can find pictures showing monorail to the left, Poly to the right, and the courtyard pool, but I'm wondering if you can see the top of the castle at all? I know the Victorian Suite can see the castle just over the rooftops of the other buildings, but it's on the 5th floor, so maybe the 4th floor is too low to see the castle from this suite due to the outer buildings? Does anyone know?

Good morning from Sago Cay. We transferred over from BWI yesterday. Anyone who is interested in a split stay, the transfer was effortless. Our room was ready by noon. We went to the room around 3 for a quick nap and our luggage was here by 4.
We loved having a room in Sago Cay. It was right next to the walking path to MK and close to the bus stop. It was also so close to Gasparillas that I could mobile order from the room and run down to pick up the order in two minutes. :)

Last edited:
We loved having a room in Sago Cay. It was right next to the walking path to MK and close to the bus stop. It was also so close to Gasparillas that I could mobile order from the room and run down to pick up the order in two minutes. :)
Sago Cay was great! I enjoyed our stay. I did prefer BWI over GF but my DH preferred GF. It was cold and rainy out last night. We ended up turning in for the night around 6. We ordered room service. It was exceptional. We never ate at Gadparillas. We did enjoy sitting in the lobby and taking in the beauty of the hotel. I also didn’t get the chance to check out Enchanted Rose Lounge. I will do so next trip.

My family is looking forward to our first visit back to the Grand since 2018 in April. One of my favorite memories from that trip was watching my 4 year old dance to the orchestra after a great dinner at 1900 Park Fare (a great rendition of The Muppets Theme song :-)). I understand that 1900 Park Fare is still closed and the orchestra was removed before Covid. I am guessing with time the restaurant will reopen, but will the orchestra ever come back?

My family is looking forward to our first visit back to the Grand since 2018 in April. One of my favorite memories from that trip was watching my 4 year old dance to the orchestra after a great dinner at 1900 Park Fare (a great rendition of The Muppets Theme song :-)). I understand that 1900 Park Fare is still closed and the orchestra was removed before Covid. I am guessing with time the restaurant will reopen, but will the orchestra ever come back?
It’s time to put on makeup! It’s time to light the lights! Oh, we always enjoyed the orchestra and their version of the Muppet Show theme was so good. We will definitely miss them ... and that big bass sax! It would be lovely to welcome them back where they belong at the GF. Unfortunately, the best spot for them - physically and acoustically - has been swallowed by Enchanted Rose. At least you do have some great memories of the orchestra and, hopefully, a photo or two! I’m sure you’ll create wonderful new memories this trip, too! Have a grand time!

OHHHH....you have me so curious now! We will be back at RPC at the end of March. I booked a massage for myself, my son, and my mom. I can't wait to see how we can choose our experience! How long do you stay in the lounge.... and how about the lounger afterward? So you said the price includes gratuity?

OHHHH....you have me so curious now! We will be back at RPC at the end of March. I booked a massage for myself, my son, and my mom. I can't wait to see how we can choose our experience! How long do you stay in the lounge.... and how about the lounger afterward? So you said the price includes gratuity?
Me too! We are staying Feb 21-26 and have massages scheduled for the 21st! I've been trying to find more information about the experience now that its opened but haven't found much....

It’s a fun little touch that informs the service but nothing crazy, I won’t spoil it :) Enjoy your massages!

I was super early for my appt so after changing I made myself a tea and waited in the lounge maybe 10 mins before my therapist came for me. Afterwards there’s no time limit - I sat on that heated lounger for 40 mins and I only got up to leave because I had to meet my husband 😂 And yes at checkout gratuity was already calculated into my final total (so I didn’t have a say in how much, but it was suitably generous and reasonable imo.)

Do all of the rooms have balconies?

We have an outer building garden view reserved and are hoping to be able to sit outside during nap times or after bed 🙂

Last edited:
Good morning fellow GF fans.. and a big hello!! :wave2:
Despite my best intentions it's been quite a while..
Hope that everyone enjoyed their holidays and are able to be planning a Disney trip or two for this year!
We are planning a family trip this spring to the GF...my DH and I and all of our children..and grandchildren too..the oldest who is age 2...lol..might a bit hectic..but we are so looking forward to seeing the world with the grandbabies (I'm thinking lots of resort and pool time)! Another GF first for us...no CL as there were no CL rooms available when we booked..and despite checking often..maybe very often..lol..nothing has opened..but since the GF was where we stayed with our kids for all of their first trips..the vote was GF for this trip too....really looking forward to being able to walk to the MK!
Just thought I'd share my excitement here...I will happily share pics and a review when we return!
Until then I'll be reading along ..and looking forward to other's reviews!
Happy Tuesday..and happy planning! :flower:

Does anyone happen to have any room view pictures for the Disney Suite in the main building (4411)? The ones at the beginning of the thread aren't showing up for me (little box with a question mark in them). I can find pictures showing monorail to the left, Poly to the right, and the courtyard pool, but I'm wondering if you can see the top of the castle at all? I know the Victorian Suite can see the castle just over the rooftops of the other buildings, but it's on the 5th floor, so maybe the 4th floor is too low to see the castle from this suite due to the outer buildings? Does anyone know?
I wish I knew the answer from personal experience...lol...but looking forward to our next RPC stay with you and your lovely family...
Do all of the rooms have balconies?

We have an outer building garden view reserved and are hoping to be able to sit outside during nap times or after bed 🙂
Almost every GF room has a balcony...there are a very few..scattered through out the outer buildings that do not have a one..they used to have a "deluxe" category..rooms with a nice bump out and extra seating space...but I haven't seen that room category listed in a long while.. those rooms are the ones that can have no balcony...but as I said very few...and always on the top floors..there are also rooms in each building..generally on the top floor aswell...due to the roof line...that have enclosed balconies...(called dormer rooms) I personally find them to be charming and cozy..altho I do prefer an open bacony with just the pretty GF railing...so something else to consider if you request top floor...
Enjoy your GF stay....such a very nice resort for balcony time!!

Almost every GF room has a balcony...there are a very few..scattered through out the outer buildings that do not have a one..they used to have a "deluxe" category..rooms with a nice bump out and extra seating space...but I haven't seen that room category listed in a long while.. those rooms are the ones that can have no balcony...but as I said very few...and always on the top floors..there are also rooms in each building..generally on the top floor aswell...due to the roof line...that have enclosed balconies...(called dormer rooms) I personally find them to be charming and cozy..altho I do prefer an open bacony with just the pretty GF railing...so something else to consider if you request top floor...
Enjoy your GF stay....such a very nice resort for balcony time!!
Thank you! We’re very excited, our only request was a king room. Wish we could have done a theme park view but maybe some day!

It’s a fun little touch that informs the service but nothing crazy, I won’t spoil it :) Enjoy your massages!

I was super early for my appt so after changing I made myself a tea and waited in the lounge maybe 10 mins before my therapist came for me. Afterwards there’s no time limit - I sat on that heated lounger for 40 mins and I only got up to leave because I had to meet my husband 😂 And yes at checkout gratuity was already calculated into my final total (so I didn’t have a say in how much, but it was suitably generous and reasonable imo.)
Were you required to wear a face covering during your massage?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter