(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! For those of you who returned recently, can you please tell me what the hot tub hours are and if they strictly enforce. It seems like we always get back too late to enjoy the hot tub so I want to change that this trip. This is our first stay at the GF and I am so excited. I want to try to slow our pace down this trip and really enjoy the resort.
I think the official hours may be 7am-11pm for pool and hot tub, but I know for certain that they don’t strictly enforce the hours at night (as long as you aren’t disturbing other guests) because my DD19 was in the hot tub past midnight several times this past trip. GF is an absolutely beautiful resort, so I’m glad to hear you’re going to take your time and enjoy it! Have a great trip!

Hello! For those of you who returned recently, can you please tell me what the hot tub hours are and if they strictly enforce. It seems like we always get back too late to enjoy the hot tub so I want to change that this trip. This is our first stay at the GF and I am so excited. I want to try to slow our pace down this trip and really enjoy the resort.

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say the GF is an amazing resort, you're going to love it! Hope you have a great time! :wizard:

Does GF still do the princess parade thing with Prince Charming and Cinderella in the afternoon? My 6 year olds would love it!

Great way to end a day at the parks.

5AE08954-C314-4BE4-93F9-1702EBA4D5F4.jpeg

It is not daily, although during some parts of the year it could be daily. You will need to check the schedule. It is available at the resort. I am not sure if it is online anywhere.
I got lucky to see Sat/Sun/Mon then.

I didn't see it posted anywhere either.:confused3

My husband and I are staying at GF for the first time this September. We were supposed to stay a few years ago but ended up having to cancel and I was so upset to have missed the opportunity. We are going for the first time on an adults only trip to celebrate our 12th anniversary. We managed a CL room in the main building. I was wondering if all the rooms have “a view” or should we put in a request (I know they can’t always honor them but it’s nice to plant a seed). We feel very blessed to be at a point where we can take bigger better vacations but we are novices and don’t know the first thing about how to maximize our club level experience. Would love any info and tips from those who visit here frequently. Over the moon excited about our upcoming trip!

My husband and I are staying at GF for the first time this September. We were supposed to stay a few years ago but ended up having to cancel and I was so upset to have missed the opportunity. We are going for the first time on an adults only trip to celebrate our 12th anniversary. We managed a CL room in the main building. I was wondering if all the rooms have “a view” or should we put in a request (I know they can’t always honor them but it’s nice to plant a seed). We feel very blessed to be at a point where we can take bigger better vacations but we are novices and don’t know the first thing about how to maximize our club level experience. Would love any info and tips from those who visit here frequently. Over the moon excited about our upcoming trip!
Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Lots of info on GF thread. This is my pics from last month.(click above link)

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

img_1008-png.323592

img_1009-png.323593

Last edited:
So std rpc is 4x13-18 with courtyard view, balcony and rooms look like outer buildings.

std rpd also 4x23-28 . These have view of VGF and poly. Also have wet bar and rooms slightly larger.

4x29 is a std rpc but a king room available upon request. There are only 2 of these.

If TPV room then those are 4301-09 or 4401-09 with same room as outer building, have a balcony and view of marina and castle.

If a different category let me know.

You are going to love it!

I'm sorry you had to cancel in the past, but glad you are now able to get to the GF. Trishadono answered your question, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time as RPC is amazing (although the GF overall is great). Have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

std rpd also 4x23-28 . These have view of VGF and poly. Also have wet bar and rooms slightly larger.

I think all views are nice, but this is my favorite RPC view :cloud9:.

You are going to love it!

::yes::

If quiet makes a difference request non connecting and or 4xx13-18. The rooms on the far right have lots of noise when band playing etc.

I agree with the connecting door but personally disagree with 13-18. I find the band noise to be limited by the hours and music does not bother me personally. However I find 13-18 very noisy for foot traffic and general yelling screaming as they travel to elevators . Especially 4th floor as everyone goes to the lounge. If I have a std reserved I request Atrium side and add rooms 23 or 28. JMO, although I agree you can hear the band other types of noise bothers me more.

Is it proper etiquette to request a room through the concierge and at how far out? We are at 80-ish days. We had to switch our trip by a week which switched us from contemporary CL to GF (I wasn’t disappointed ) so I haven’t received the new concierge email or call yet . All the CM told me on the phone was it was main building club level.

We are arriving for our first stay tomorrow morning. I received a call from a room assigner today asking me about any requests that I may have. He asked what building I wanted and a few other questions. I didn’t have any idea what building I wanted as I have never been here before. (Outer building standard view.) He was great about it and told me to call back if I needed or wanted anything else.

So excited for tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter