• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Does anyone see an issue with me arriving at MCO 30 minutes earlier than DW, DD, and DS but waiting to take the bus when they arrive? I figure the DME folks will send my bags ahead w/o me and that this will be OK.

What does everyone else think?

Shouldn't be an issue as long as you are on the reservation. Anyone staying at a WDW resort, and is listed on the reservation is entitled to a ride on DME. My dh and dd arrived the day after I did and they had no issues. So, 30 minutes should be a no brainer!!! Just plan to meet them someplace central and then all head to DME.

walt's assistant said:
Does anyone see an issue with me arriving at MCO 30 minutes earlier than DW, DD, and DS but waiting to take the bus when they arrive? I figure the DME folks will send my bags ahead w/o me and that this will be OK.

As a matter of fact, as soon as you see their plane has arrived, get in the DME check-in line and check everyone in. That way, as soon as they arrive downstairs in the DME Welcome Center, you can all get in the bus line and save some time.

walt's assistant said:

Not a problem but check the arriving flight board to make sure the other flight isn't delayed. If you grab an earlier DME bus you can checkin early. There is a good chance by the time the rest of your family gets to your resort you'll already have a room. There is a lot more to do if you wait at your resort than if you wait at MCO. I'm not sure I'd stick DW with having to get the luggage but since you're using DME all they have to do is checkin at DME and take the bus.

Hi.

I've read all this thread and I didn't see anything that pertains to my question so I hope you all don't mind me posting it here.

DH and I are booked for a Land/Sea trip leaving for 4 days at WDW on the 24th and then onto the Wonder on the 29th.

We just received our docs today and there were 4 luggage tags, blue in color with the DCL logo on them. We signed up for DME when we booked with AAA but now I am concerned because we did not receive any yellow luggage tags like the ones that Tyler said.

Do the blue DCL tags act as the DME tags since we booked the Land/Sea or do I need to call DME and request the yellow tags?

Any help will really be appreciated. :grouphug:

I think there is a difference in the luggage tags since DCL has been at this longer than DME has. Does anything in your info packet pertain to this? I would imagine that you put them on the same as you would the yellow tags for DME.

Hi everyone,
I just received our booklet and tags a couple of days ago and I remember reading someone else had a question about putting their tags on their luggage similar to the one I am about to ask.

If you are to remove only the end portion of one end of the luggage tags to adhere to the opposite end (around the handle of your bag) won't you actually be adhering the tag to the backing of the opposite end and couldn't it come apart? The backing on the end you don't remove sticks to the part you do remove and the tag comes off?

I know it's a whacky question and hard to explain unless you have the tags in front of you or have used them recently.

Well, I thought I'd give it a shot and see if anyone knew what I was getting at.

I hope to see someone reply with their thoughts.

Thank you.

well i still have question...I do not have a direct flight--i have a layover in Atlanta before I go on to Orlando. Do I pick up my luggage in Atlanta before boarding my Orlando flight (i am a little flighty, my mom is blonde)
Tagfairy come and get me.......

aprilshugah said:
well i still have question...I do not have a direct flight--i have a layover in Atlanta before I go on to Orlando. Do I pick up my luggage in Atlanta before boarding my Orlando flight (i am a little flighty, my mom is blonde)
Tagfairy come and get me.......
Your question has nothing to do with DME, but rather air travel in general.

No matter where you fly, if your flight is in more than one segment you don't have to even THINK about your luggage until you reach your final destination. In other words, when you get to ATL, just get yourself to your next departure gate -- the airline will automatically transfer your checked luggage from one flight to the other.

emagirl said:
Hi everyone,
I just received our booklet and tags a couple of days ago and I remember reading someone else had a question about putting their tags on their luggage similar to the one I am about to ask.

If you are to remove only the end portion of one end of the luggage tags to adhere to the opposite end (around the handle of your bag) won't you actually be adhering the tag to the backing of the opposite end and couldn't it come apart? The backing on the end you don't remove sticks to the part you do remove and the tag comes off?

I know it's a whacky question and hard to explain unless you have the tags in front of you or have used them recently.

Well, I thought I'd give it a shot and see if anyone knew what I was getting at.
It sounds like a good system to me (and I've used it, so I have experience at this). Placing a sticky surface onto another sticky surface makes for a VERY strong bond. This is EXACTLY the same way the airline tags are put on your luggage -- you know, those white tags put on at the airport that have the 3-letter airport code, your name, etc. DME tags are exactly the same, except they are yellow and not as wide.

The DME tag will not fall off. Actually, I can't recall reading one single post reporting that a DME tag came off luggage. More than 3 million people have used DME so far, so maybe there've been 5 million pieces of DME luggage. There's been no problem of DME tags coming off. Nothing to worry about! :thumbsup2

emagirl said:
Hi everyone,

I hope to see someone reply with their thoughts.

Thank you.

There is a section at each end of the luggage tag that is sticky when you remove that backing. It is about an inch or so square. So....when you remove the piece from both ends, you will then loop the tag over the handle, and stick the two 'sticky' ends together. The loop should be free moving. Believe me, it won't come unstuck easily. I've used them three times now and I've had to 'work' at getting them off...pulled and twisted them.

Thanks - I'll have to go home and check my tags...the reason I had this question is because I can't recall the opposite end of the tags having said to be removed...(I know not to remove the middle section or the tag wont be able to spin around the handle of the luggage)It makes sense to remove both ends' backing and adhere to eachother, which is what I thought you were to do, but I think only one end of my tags say to remove the backing. Oh well, it's the little things!

emagirl said:
Thanks - I'll have to go home and check my tags...the reason I had this question is because I can't recall the opposite end of the tags having said to be removed...(I know not to remove the middle section or the tag wont be able to spin around the handle of the luggage)It makes sense to remove both ends' backing and adhere to eachother, which is what I thought you were to do, but I think only one end of my tags say to remove the backing. Oh well, it's the little things!

Just double checked mine...both ends say to remove. So, you do remove both squares at each end and stick 'em together.

For some reason I have 2 sets of yellow DME luggage tags...One with the date we arrive, the other with the date we leave..why?? :confused3

Thanks - I'll have to go home and check my tags...the reason I had this question is because I can't recall the opposite end of the tags having said to be removed...

Well, I checked my tags and the printer must have run out of ink while printing mine because they only have the remove information on ONE end. This explains why I was confused. (on this topic, anyway!) ;)

My tags only have a remove portion on one end of the tag also. There is also no perforation or tear off portion on the other end. Would you just pull it back and cut it with scissors??? I just got the tags a couple weeks ago....maybe they are new???

AmyM~
I'm so glad you posted, I was afraid everyone would think I was a loon but you are apparently in the same ONLY PRINTED ON ONE END boat!

Yes, I am planning on removing the non-printed end and cuttinig the backing off so it is as they should have been (I caught a glimpse of my friend's tags for her trip and hers are printed at both ends)

Whew! I am SO glad THAT is over! :rotfl:

Okay, just want to be absolutely sure about this...when you guys are saying that your luggage tags don't have the 'remove this section' on each end, only on one end..you are looking at the whole, entire tag, correct? I had a friend who thought that you ripped each one of those strips in half, making 4 luggage tags!! Then she had 4 tags that were about 3" long...a little hard to wrap around the handles!! Each tag strip should be about 18" long, and about 8" or so when folded in half, with the ends stuck together.
Not trying to make anyone look dopey, but I have had some who got it confused...don't want to see that happen to anyone here :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter