Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No speakers in the water at the Poly

Cabana Bay has them though

Hi everyone! I was wondering if they still have the speakers in the pool so you can hear music under water? My kids loved that. Also, do they still play background music that you can hear as you walk around the resort?

Thank you!
No speakers in the pool but there is background music throughout areas of the resort

No speakers in the pool but there is background music throughout areas of the resort

I'm disappointed that the speakers in the pool are gone, but at least there's still music throughout the resort :).

Looking forward to our family's first stay at the Poly. It has been on my Disney bucket list since my first trip as a kid :)

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay. You are going to love it! :wizard:.

Your morning view from Fiji...
View attachment 118662 Yesterday's magical recap:

~Flight took off and landed early.

~ME bus waiting for us with only a 10 minute wait on bus before departing.

~First dropped off so less than a 30 minute trip to Poly.

~No room text so worrying...

~Walk into lobby around 12:45 and stand behind other guests checking in, but Sean comes and gets us, puts leis on us gives us a warm welcome and announces...the EXACT 3 requests I faxed AND room is ready:faint:

~Grabbed some lunch (looooong line at CC) and split a Dole swirl with DD. Nice CM even offered to pour them into separate cups. The CM said I got the bottom and DD got the top:p

~DME bags arrived exactly 3 hours after us.

This morning, DD and I burned some calories at the gym in preparation for Kona breakfast:)

They're still looking for you...

Great view. What booking category is this? Garden? Enjoy!

Bungalow Bungle?

Some bungalow drama has been occurring this afternoon. The far left bungalow, closest to dock, seems to be out of commission. Disney Engineering took a Sea Raycer over (much to the chagrin of the yellow flag boat capt. who thought they were lost guests!) to inspect what seems to be leaking PVC pipes underneath. At one point there was a gusher, but this may have been intentional because it eventually stopped gushing.There were about half a dozen workers and the ones in the Sea Raycer later walked past us with piping and commented that this was going to entail more inspections.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Expectedly crowded! Love to take pics of the pools in the early morning...so tranquil! :beach:Hopefully pool gate WORKING??:confused3 Hope you are having FUN!:bounce:
Nope, some were ajar, some opened w/o MB and no one was checking. There might as well have not been any gates, at least today.

I'm glad you're enjoying the photos:)

Can you get this fruit plate any time of the day? Looks delicious!
It is delicious and that would be nice. But, it's only on the breakfast menu, so most likely only available then. I checked private dining and it's only listed for breakfast there.

Love the sunrise pics Kook

That was one of my favorite things while there. Walking back and forth to Kona Island with fresh pressed coffee when the lobby and beach areas were empty

And the music is playing everywhere:goodvibes

Last edited:
Bungalow Bungle?

Some bungalow drama has been occurring this afternoon. The far left bungalow, closest to dock, seems to be out of commission. Disney Engineering took a Sea Raycer over (much to the chagrin of the yellow flag boat capt. who thought they were lost guests!) to inspect what seems to be leaking PVC pipes underneath. At one point there was a gusher, but this may have been intentional because it eventually stopped gushing.There were about half a dozen workers and the ones in the Sea Raycer later walked past us with piping and commented that this was going to entail more inspections.

View attachment 118991

View attachment 118995

View attachment 118992
I've heard that there is a loud pump that is used to send "stuff" ashore from the units. It bothers some guests there

Nope, some were ajar, some opened w/o MB and no one was checking. There might as well have not been any gates, at least today.[/QUOTE NOT GOOD!:eek:Unfair to paying guests to have a pool MORE crowded due to those who try to "beat" the syste>:(:sad2:

When we were there last week, I saw no evidence of pool hopping. But it might have been happening. The Oasis pool being down adds to the crowding.

Love the early morning pic, very peaceful :cloud9:.

Looks like a beautiful afternoon for swimming. I just love the Poly pool! :beach:

Nope, some were ajar, some opened w/o MB and no one was checking. There might as well have not been any gates, at least today.

Kind of useless to have a locked gate if it's unattended most of the time :sad2:.

Poly does have great standard/garden views.

::yes::

The Oasis pool being down adds to the crowding.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter