Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited! I just switched our 3 nights pre-cruise at BLT to 4 nights pre-cruise at The Poly! I cannot wait! I've always wanted to stay here and I am so thankful to my DVC that my dream is going to come true! We booked a lake view DVC and I'm hoping for upper floor! Yay! Only 207 days to go ;)!!

Two weeks! So much to do, have to finish coordinating our costumes for MNSSHP (older daughter just started her Cheshire Cat tutu last night :sad2: (and now realizes that she didn't buy near enough tulle :rotfl: ) Thankfully my suitcase stays semi packed, just have to add clothes!

Good luck with the costumes. Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Few more Poly pics from our trip. It is a gorgeous resort and we really loved it, although we preferred the Yacht Club a little bit more.

And one more balcony view:

Great pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

I am so excited! I just switched our 3 nights pre-cruise at BLT to 4 nights pre-cruise at The Poly! I cannot wait! I've always wanted to stay here and I am so thankful to my DVC that my dream is going to come true! We booked a lake view DVC and I'm hoping for upper floor! Yay! Only 207 days to go ;)!!

Congrats on the switch! Sounds like an awesome trip :wizard:.

We're checking in in 18 days! I finally got DH to sit down with a map and determine what requests to put in. We're booked standard, and were thinking Aotearoa or Fiji. We'd like to be away from the pool construction, like everyone else. I know that these buildings are the furthest from the TTC, but does that really matter? Will there be a situation where we NEED to walk to the TTC? (Other than emergency monorail closures, obvs)

My family stayed at the Poly on August 25-29th. We were in Aotearoa (3rd floor facing Fiji and the GF).

Highs:
1. Ohana dinner in the room!!!! Thank you to whomever suggested this a few weeks ago! We ordered for two adults and it easily fed our family of four. We actually didn't even finish everything they gave us, it was so much food and so good!!! If you can do it, do it!!!!
2. The pool area was gated, clean, and rarely crowded. My boys liked the midday "name that tune" game they played for silly prizes!
3. The beer and adult drink selection at the hotel is quite extensive!
4. Movie night on the beach.
5. Fireworks from the beach! Only complaint is that the bungalows block your view where the music is piped in. Most people crowd the left side of the beach to see.
6. The room was clean, and the mousekeeping did a great job everyday.
7. Aotearoa is a straight path to the GCH, Trader Sams, and Captain Cooks. I had coffee every morning within two minutes of leaving my room!

Not so great:
1. Our room wasn't ready until almost 4pm the day we checked in. They said they were booked solid.
2. They were working on the facade of the building between Aotearoa and the GCH (Tonga?) and you heard the construction all day.
3. Kona for dinner was our least favorite dinner of the trip. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't memorable.

We were fortunate in that we really didn't have any true low moments. Loved the Poly, and would definitely go back, but we have a few other hotels we want to try first. Final thought... Do the Ohana dinner in your room, especially if you have a good view!!!

We're checking in in 18 days! I finally got DH to sit down with a map and determine what requests to put in. We're booked standard, and were thinking Aotearoa or Fiji. We'd like to be away from the pool construction, like everyone else. I know that these buildings are the furthest from the TTC, but does that really matter? Will there be a situation where we NEED to walk to the TTC? (Other than emergency monorail closures, obvs)

You will be checking into the Poly before you know it :yay:.

I wouldn't worry too much about being too far from the TTC. We've never stayed in either of those longhouses, but I don't think the Poly is that spread out where you would be so far away from the TTC that it would be a hassle to walk there if you needed to ;).

My family stayed at the Poly on August 25-29th. We were in Aotearoa (3rd floor facing Fiji and the GF).

Highs:
1. Ohana dinner in the room!!!! Thank you to whomever suggested this a few weeks ago! We ordered for two adults and it easily fed our family of four. We actually didn't even finish everything they gave us, it was so much food and so good!!! If you can do it, do it!!!!
2. The pool area was gated, clean, and rarely crowded. My boys liked the midday "name that tune" game they played for silly prizes!
5. Fireworks from the beach! Only complaint is that the bungalows block your view where the music is piped in. Most people crowd the left side of the beach to see.
7. Aotearoa is a straight path to the GCH, Trader Sams, and Captain Cooks. I had coffee every morning within two minutes of leaving my room!

Not so great:
1. Our room wasn't ready until almost 4pm the day we checked in. They said they were booked solid.
2. They were working on the facade of the building between Aotearoa and the GCH (Tonga?) and you heard the construction all day.
3. Kona for dinner was our least favorite dinner of the trip. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't memorable.

We were fortunate in that we really didn't have any true low moments. Loved the Poly, and would definitely go back, but we have a few other hotels we want to try first. Final thought... Do the Ohana dinner in your room, especially if you have a good view!!!

Thanks for your review :flower3:.

Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the Poly. Ohana in room dining sounds great, I will have to keep that in mind when we go back to the Poly next summer :goodvibes.

You will be checking into the Poly before you know it :yay:.

I wouldn't worry too much about being too far from the TTC. We've never stayed in either of those longhouses, but I don't think the Poly is that spread out where you would be so far away from the TTC that it would be a hassle to walk there if you needed to ;).

That's what I was thinking. We've been TO the Poly before, but never actually stayed.. so we know it's way more compact that it actually looks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! It seems like these are the least desired buildings for some reason. lol

That's what I was thinking. We've been TO the Poly before, but never actually stayed.. so we know it's way more compact that it actually looks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! It seems like these are the least desired buildings for some reason. lol

I think a few people have just returned from stays in Fiji, so hopefully they will post their opinion/experience on walking to the TTC :goodvibes.

Highs:

Not so great:

Glad to keep hearing the good reviews of in room 'Ohana feast"! That is our plan for arrival day as the girls are getting ready for MNSSHP!

We just got back from our first Poly stay and it was amazing!

We'd requested Fiji 3rd floor and wound up with Fiji 1st floor, which I was perfectly fine with. We primarily wanted to be away from construction and have either a patio or balcony we could enjoy when the kids were asleep, so this fit the bill. We were in 1310 - Luau side, you could enjoy the music from the patio but it wasn't overly noisy from inside the room - perfect. We loved being able to walk right off the patio to the beach and watching the duck family swim around in the rain puddles right outside our room (and not having to deal with the elevator in our building was nice with the strollers).

We ate at Kona several times (2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and a take-out dinner) - food was always very good, but service was nothing to write home about. One of the servers seemed like what we'd consider a good server around home (but still not "disney great"), and the others were just okay. For the take-out, they told me did take out, but then it took several minutes for them to talk to us/take our orders (there was another person doing the same thing). The service here was kind of a bummer (DH mentioned it too, and I think he's more lenient than me), possibly an anomaly but it seems like there is room for improvement. We do really like the food though (obviously)

We did Ohana dinner at Ohana (I tried to convince DH to do the in-room, but he wanted to do the restaurant). It was very good and our server here was friendly and attentive :-). Our girls (almost-2 and 4) enjoyed it, the 4-year old did coconut races and I appreciated that they put big kids in front so the younger ones could go at their own pace/with parents nearby.

Captain Cooks - we never had a very long wait and food was always good. The girls got a kick out of the CM at the entry waving with the Stitch hand

We only made it to the pool one evening, but didn't find it ovecrowded and also enjoyed the campfire/movie and Wishes from the beach (really a nice vantage point and music was piped in).

Overall great stay and I would be delighted to stay here again!

Last edited:
Anyone know about the ground floor rooms in Fiji that don't have direct access to a walk way. I most certainly want either a ground floor or balcony, but I am now concerned about ground floor with no direct access.

We had a ground floor room. The patio was raised so you would have had to go around the foil age and hop down.

We just used the door and walked around. We were room 1320 and right by the exit to the longhouse.

Highs:

Not so great:

Sounds like you had an GREAT vaca!:cheer2: The Ohana dinner in the room has received great reviews! We may do that too; depending how full we are from F&W!:banana:

We'd requested Fiji 3rd floor and wound up with Fiji 1st floor, which I was perfectly fine with. We primarily wanted to be away from construction and have either a patio or balcony we could enjoy when the kids were asleep, so this fit the bill. We were in 1310 - Luau side, you could enjoy the music from the patio but it wasn't overly noisy from inside the room - perfect. We loved being able to walk right off the patio to the beach and watching the duck family swim around in the rain puddles right outside our room (and not having to deal with the elevator in our building was nice with the strollers).

We ate at Kona several times (2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and a take-out dinner) - food was always very good, but service was nothing to write home about. One of the servers seemed like what we'd consider a good server around home (but still not "disney great"), and the others were just okay. For the take-out, they told me did take out, but then it took several minutes for them to talk to us/take our orders (there was another person doing the same thing). The service here was kind of a bummer (DH mentioned it too, and I think he's more lenient than me), possibly an anomaly but it seems like there is room for improvement. We do really like the food though (obviously)

We did Ohana dinner at Ohana (I tried to convince DH to do the in-room, but he wanted to do the restaurant). It was very good and our server here was friendly and attentive :-). Our girls (almost-2 and 4) enjoyed it, the 4-year old did coconut races and I appreciated that they put big kids in front so the younger ones could go at their own pace/with parents nearby.

Captain Cooks - we never had a very long wait and food was always good. The girls got a kick out of the CM at the entry waving with the Stitch hand

We only made it to the pool one evening, but didn't find it ovecrowded and also enjoyed the campfire/movie and Wishes from the beach (really a nice vantage point and music was piped in).

Sounds like a SUPER vaca!:thumbsup2 We have a dinner and breakfast ADR for Kona, I guess we'll see.:wizard: Had dinner several times before at Kona, but never breakfast.. The service issues seems very consistent with other comments. :confused3

Glad to keep hearing the good reviews of in room 'Ohana feast"! That is our plan for arrival day as the girls are getting ready for MNSSHP!

We ordered it for 1 and it fed 4 of us! Granted 2 of us didn't eat much, but it is a ton of food and it's delicious.

Sounds like a SUPER vaca!:thumbsup2 We have a dinner and breakfast ADR for Kona, I guess we'll see.:wizard: Had dinner several times before at Kona, but never breakfast.. The service issues seems very consistent with other comments.
We had lunch at Kona about 10 days ago and it was one of the best meals of our trip. It's the second time we've had lunch there and we've loved both meals.

Just got back from a stay in Fiji. Walked all around the resort on one of our last nights and was glad we requested that building. I had to laugh when we first arrived and I saw how close the buildings are to each other! I was imagining it to be much more spread out. On our second day we took the monorail to Epcot. Original plan was to walk to TTC but my son's feet were already bothering him so we took the resort monorail to the TTC, which took forever! Again, had to laugh when we finally got to the TTC and saw that it's literally right next to the Poly. Would have been a 10 minute walk, at most. Doh!

Which longhouse should I request for a theme park view room? I would like a balcony. Is Moorea an option? Thanks!

Which longhouse should I request for a theme park view room? I would like a balcony. Is Moorea an option? Thanks!

Moorea is only an option if you have booked a studio. If you have booked for a regular TPV room I would request 3rd floor Tuvalu - it's right on the edge of the lagoon and is very close to the GCH.

The walk to TTC from Fiji is not a big deal at all, add an additional 75 yards or so past the GCH.

Thanks for this :).

Thanks for your review, glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the Poly. Captain Cooks is our favorite for resort CS and while we've never eaten at Kona for breakfast, it seems to be get good reviews so that might be one we try next trip :goodvibes.

We had lunch at Kona about 10 days ago and it was one of the best meals of our trip. It's the second time we've had lunch there and we've loved both meals.

I have been reading a lot of good things about Kona lately. It used to be one of our favorites for dinner until they took prime rib off the menu :(. We've never had breakfast or lunch there, but I'm thinking of maybe adding it to the list for our Poly stay next summer as a lot of people rave about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter