Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from our awesome 10 night trip, 5 of which were spent in the Poly. This is the view from our 3rd floor Fiji marina view room. I think Fiji offers the best standard view. Before our trip, I didn't realize how close all the buildings are to each other and everything else.
photo%205.jpg
photo%205.jpg

The torch lighting ceremony is back! Held by the pool now, I'll see if I can attach the pic I took.

Ok, well it says the picture is too large for the file server, so if somebody knows how to upload a file from an iPhone I will.

Just returned from our awesome 10 night trip, 5 of which were spent in the Poly. This is the view from our 3rd floor Fiji marina view room. I think Fiji offers the best standard view. Before our trip, I didn't realize how close all the buildings are to each other and everything else.
photo%205.jpg
photo%205.jpg

Looks like you were in or close to the room we were in last month (#3317).

66 days to go. Love reading everyone's posts, getting really excited.

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it :goodvibes.

Yes! I'm getting more excited every day! I am just now packing for a cruise out of Florida, so I'm putting together outfits, keeping in mind my Disney trip. What to wear is rather perplexing because I read it can still be quite hot in November, sometimes hitting 80, yet the nights can be rather cool. So it seems I need to pack some summer and some fall clothing. I wish I had this dilemma more often....LOL!

Hope you have a nice cruise :boat: .

photo%205.jpg
photo%205.jpg

Beautiful view! Hope you had a great trip :wizard:.

The torch lighting ceremony is back! Held by the pool now

Thanks for letting us know :).

Looks like you were in or close to the room we were in last month (#3317).

I thought that pic looked familiar as I remember seeing one very similar recently ;).

Checked in yesterday and couldn't be happier with the poly. It's our first stay here and it's awesome. We got our request for connecting studios but not the longhouse. Good thing we don't spend anytime on the balcony or we'd be staring at a mud pit!! They could have given us another room but not connecting. That was more important to us. At the tambu lounge now watching the Patriots game!!

What is your room #? I love your view!

We were in 3610 which is at the end closest to the lake. The pool is a bit noisier than I'd like but I will take it over a construction view. We also have a partial view of some of the fireworks and can see the electric parade each night

We were in 3610 which is at the end closest to the lake. The pool is a bit noisier than I'd like but I will take it over a construction view. We also have a partial view of some of the fireworks and can see the electric parade each night

When we were at the Poly over the 4th of July I thought it was really noisy at the pool and was very thankful to have a room in Samoa away from the main pool (grant it, this was before the pool refurb). I was wondering if having a room in Samoa facing the main pool was always noisy or if our trip being over the 4th was an isolated incident. Your post has helped me decide that for our next stay I'm going to request marina view in Fiji.

Thank you much! I figured the pool would be a bit noisy but I don't think it opens that early, does it? I can't imagine it's that busy in the morning....your thoughts?

When we were at the Poly over the 4th of July I thought it was really noisy at the pool and was very thankful to have a room in Samoa away from the main pool (grant it, this was before the pool refurb). I was wondering if having a room in Samoa facing the main pool was always noisy or if our trip being over the 4th was an isolated incident. Your post has helped me decide that for our next stay I'm going to request marina view in Fiji.

I also wonder when it was loud. Morning, mid day, after 10pm? We aren't mid day nappers at all but will sleep until 8am occasionally and go to bed usually by 10:30pm. I requested Samoa pool side when I did online check in this week. Trip is last week of October. Reports are that all Samoa rooms facing the east pool are not being used. I had pretty much been set on Aotearoa to be away from construction but after seeing some Samoa pool side pics online I changed my mind and requested it. I may not get it anyways but figured I would try. I like the idea of being right in the middle if the resort.

It is Disney Eve! Tomorrow by lunch time, I will be at the Poly party:

Have a great trip! :cool1::cool1:

Checked in yesterday and couldn't be happier with the poly. It's our first stay here and it's awesome. We got our request for connecting studios but not the longhouse. Good thing we don't spend anytime on the balcony or we'd be staring at a mud pit!! They could have given us another room but not connecting. That was more important to us. At the tambu lounge now watching the Patriots game!!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly! :yay:

Hope you're having a good time :goodvibes.

Two weeks! So much to do, have to finish coordinating our costumes for MNSSHP (older daughter just started her Cheshire Cat tutu last night :sad2: (and now realizes that she didn't buy near enough tulle :rotfl: ) Thankfully my suitcase stays semi packed, just have to add clothes!

Thank you much! I figured the pool would be a bit noisy but I don't think it opens that early, does it? I can't imagine it's that busy in the morning....your thoughts?

I also wonder when it was loud. Morning, mid day, after 10pm? We aren't mid day nappers at all but will sleep until 8am occasionally and go to bed usually by 10:30pm. I requested Samoa pool side when I did online check in this week. Trip is last week of October. Reports are that all Samoa rooms facing the east pool are not being used. I had pretty much been set on Aotearoa to be away from construction but after seeing some Samoa pool side pics online I changed my mind and requested it. I may not get it anyways but figured I would try. I like the idea of being right in the middle if the resort.

We stayed in Samoa - pool side - in October 2013 and thought the pool area was loud too.

In the early morning the maintenance crew was out using leaf blowers to clear sand & leaves off the pool deck. I don't know if they still do that. This was back when there was no fence around the pool so maybe more sand tracked onto the pool area.

Then in the afternoon you had the loud pool parties.

In the evening you could hear the kids screaming and having fun.

We requested - and got - Fiji for our stay last month. We loved the view from Samoa but were concerned about the noise.

Mornings aren't an issue, but there is definitely noise the rest of the day. My daughter no longer naps so the afternoon pool party (complete with microphones and music) wasn't an issue though we could hear everything. The pool doesn't close until 11 and there has been more than one occasions were my night time lullaby was either Marco Polo or screaming kids

Anyone know about the ground floor rooms in Fiji that don't have direct access to a walk way. I most certainly want either a ground floor or balcony, but I am now concerned about ground floor with no direct access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter