Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting ready to book a room for the july 4th time frame. How does Poly handle these two nights, with reference to fireworks and extra crowds, etc. (July 3rd, 4th).?

Thanks.

I'm getting ready to book a room for the july 4th time frame. How does Poly handle these two nights, with reference to fireworks and extra crowds, etc. (July 3rd, 4th).?

Thanks.

We stayed at Poly 7/4 week this past year. It’s a really fun few days, but things operate a bit differently than other days of the year.

Some observations from this past July:
  • Proactive scanning of Lava Pool guest MBs and handing out wristbands (wish they’d do this more often, but that’s another story).
  • They shoot off ‘special’ fireworks from the MK both 7/3 and 7/4. The show also utilizes the fireworks launch point from the island in the middle of the 7 Seas Lagoon, which is awesome since it’s so close. Combined with the MK perimeter fireworks, it’s totally cool. My avatar pic is from this year.
  • They park the EWP barges right in front of the Poly and play the show music from there, in addition to the normal audio around Poly grounds. Makes for better/louder audio.
  • On the night of 7/4, there was a DJ on the beach for a few hours. Charachters made an appearance at one point and danced with the kids. Tons of fun.
  • I had read that they restrict people on the beach to Poly guests only, but I did not see this enforced either night. If they were, we never saw it. But honestly, I don’t think it was really needed. It was crowded, but not really crazy crowded - in my humble opinion. The island fireworks launch point allows for quality viewing from other parts of the Poly grounds besides the sliver of beach.
  • Note: I was also there for NYE and they WERE very actively restricting the main beach area to Poly guests. MB scanners, wristbands, metal fencing around the main beach, etc. NYE seemed more organized/more ‘management' CMs around than 7/4, for whatever reason.
Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions. :-)

Thanks.

Also to add to @GADisneyDad14 if you book CL, they have had roped off areas with chairs on the beach for reserved seating for those guests on the 4th. They are first come, first serve, but I had no trouble finding a seat about 30 minutes before fireworks were to start.

I would do it the way the above posters stated - a child would have to share the queen bed with your mom if she's okay with it. CL is amazing and does give you a whole extra space to hang out if you can swing it. It's basically around the cost of TP view in a regular room. Plus you get the food, which is always a huge plus for us. We like to do breakfast right after getting up and before an early trip to the park. Then we come back to chill in the afternoon, get some snacks in the lounge then head out for dinner/another park. We usually get back to enjoy desserts and fireworks in the lounge. There's nothing like the Poly lounge for fireworks and then you are right there to head to bed! It all depends though on your preferences. I'll be there in 3 days so I can post pics if you'd like!pixiedust:
Thanks. That would be great!

We stayed at Poly 7/4 week this past year. It’s a really fun few days, but things operate a bit differently than other days of the year.

Some observations from this past July:
  • Proactive scanning of Lava Pool guest MBs and handing out wristbands (wish they’d do this more often, but that’s another story).
  • They shoot off ‘special’ fireworks from the MK both 7/3 and 7/4. The show also utilizes the fireworks launch point from the island in the middle of the 7 Seas Lagoon, which is awesome since it’s so close. Combined with the MK perimeter fireworks, it’s totally cool. My avatar pic is from this year.
  • They park the EWP barges right in front of the Poly and play the show music from there, in addition to the normal audio around Poly grounds. Makes for better/louder audio.
  • On the night of 7/4, there was a DJ on the beach for a few hours. Charachters made an appearance at one point and danced with the kids. Tons of fun.
  • I had read that they restrict people on the beach to Poly guests only, but I did not see this enforced either night. If they were, we never saw it. But honestly, I don’t think it was really needed. It was crowded, but not really crazy crowded - in my humble opinion. The island fireworks launch point allows for quality viewing from other parts of the Poly grounds besides the sliver of beach.
  • Note: I was also there for NYE and they WERE very actively restricting the main beach area to Poly guests. MB scanners, wristbands, metal fencing around the main beach, etc. NYE seemed more organized/more ‘management' CMs around than 7/4, for whatever reason.
Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions. :-)
This really helps me a lot, since I have not been at that time of year.

One more question if you know the answer: Is the beach area over closer to the Grand a good spot to watch as well? I'm deciding between these two resorts, but leaning towards Poly.

Thanks for your help.

One more question if you know the answer: Is the beach area over closer to the Grand a good spot to watch as well? I'm deciding between these two resorts, but leaning towards Poly.

Thanks for your help.
To watch yes but no music.

I was surprised the marina area at poly was a nice spot.

The hot tub in volcano pool also has a great view !

I watched one night from the balcony on the end of Tuvalu , 3rd floor. Great view /no music.

At gf I like the area in front of gaspies or boat dock for music and the area outside of Boca Chica for view of fireworks and Ewp. Just go out lobby door of BC towards water. You can sit on the steps.

To watch yes but no music.

I was surprised the marina area at poly was a nice spot.

The hot tub in volcano pool also has a great view !

I watched one night from the balcony on the end of Tuvalu , 3rd floor. Great view /no music.

At gf I like the area in front of gaspies or boat dock for music and the area outside of Boca Chica for view of fireworks and Ewp. Just go out lobby door of BC towards water. You can sit on the steps.

I guess I'm also assuming that the beach area at Poly is the best viewing area to get the all-around-almost-360-view of the whole shabang, correct?

Thanks for your help.

The one note I’d make to @trishadono’s excellent post is that on 7/3 and 7/4, they park the EWP barges out front of Poly and play the music from there, very loudly actually.

I did not personally experience either night from the beach between Poly and GF, but I’m ‘assuming’ (key word) the audio is still pretty good there coming from the barges.

My personal opinion is that the secondary fireworks launch point really opens up viewing all around the 7 Seas Lagoon. What is shot off from the island mirrors/simulcasts what’s shot off behind the MK... so you’re talking big/loud bursts.

Granted these pics were at peak 360 degree moments, but here are some pics, FWIW

Fireworks Room View 3511.jpeg

July 4 2017.JPG

The one note I’d make to @trishadono’s excellent post is that on 7/3 and 7/4, they park the EWP barges out front of Poly and play the music from there, very loudly actually.

I did not personally experience either night from the beach between Poly and GF, but I’m ‘assuming’ (key word) the audio is still pretty good there coming from the barges.

My personal opinion is that the secondary fireworks launch point really opens up viewing all around the 7 Seas Lagoon. What is shot off from the island mirrors/simulcasts what’s shot off behind the MK... so you’re talking big/loud bursts.

Granted these pics were at peak 360 degree moments, but here are some pics, FWIW

View attachment 299229

View attachment 299231

Love the pictures AND your new title!!!!!! Congrats, that’s awesome! You definitely deserve it!! :thumbsup2:flower3:

Its just really special there. One of the "spots" that make a vacation special.

After I stayed in Hawaii lagoon side a few times now I am so spoiled. I love that view!

I'm staying Poly Club Level w/ Lagoon view for the first time with my family for our upcoming April trip!! Is their no bad room in the Hawaii building when it comes to lagoon view? Is their specific room or floor that you prefer? Appreciate any info, suggestions, etc :)

I'm staying Poly Club Level w/ Lagoon view for the first time with my family for our upcoming April trip!! Is their no bad room in the Hawaii building when it comes to lagoon view? Is their specific room or floor that you prefer? Appreciate any info, suggestions, etc :)
I prefer rooms closer to lounge end. Rooms go xx01-xx18 with 01 closest to lounge end. Honestly though I have had five different rooms 1st floor and all had a lovely view.

Its hard to get 3rd floor if booked lv. 2nd floor may have a slightly better view but you lose the balcony/patio. In the end all is good.

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_1924.JPG@Ronferr80

This map is handy . I like knowing where my room is at check in or when receiving text. That way if needed you can change it .

This is an old map. The 1sr floor is mostly LV now due to bungalows. However some do have a partial view in between them.

View attachment 299357

View attachment 299358@Ronferr80

This map is handy . I like knowing where my room is at check in or when receiving text. That way if needed you can change it .

This is an old map. The 1sr floor is mostly LV now due to bungalows. However some do have a partial view in between them.

thanks for this info!! greatly appreciated!! While I would love a balcony on third floor seems safe bet would be to request 1st floor so I can at least have a patio with our room. I'm sure any room is amazing but def want a patio or balcony

thanks for this info!! greatly appreciated!! While I would love a balcony on third floor seems safe bet would be to request 1st floor so I can at least have a patio with our room. I'm sure any room is amazing but def want a patio or balcony
I agree with both making request simple and loving that patio.

Hello. I'm trying to find out if Sushi (like California Rolls) is still available from the Captain Cooks Grab n Go case. It was a couple of years ago, but I cant find it in any recent photos of the grab n go cooler cases. Fingers crossed that it's still there.

I don't know if this helps, but the California Roll was listed in the (I assume) current Kona Cafe lunch menu, so it would make sense they send some down to Captain Cook's everyday. You might just have to call and ask.

Hello. I'm trying to find out if Sushi (like California Rolls) is still available from the Captain Cooks Grab n Go case. It was a couple of years ago, but I cant find it in any recent photos of the grab n go cooler cases. Fingers crossed that it's still there.

I don’t know about the grab and go, but the coffee bar serves sushi from noon on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter